nia333

Is this game any good?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Is this game any good?

• Yes
    • No

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Story was ok but the gameplay is very boring, tedious and filled with glitches. Plus, the game crashed on me a couple of times whenever I was walking around or when the game is trying to save the game.

Overall, this game is very outdated compared to all the other RPGs that are out on the market today. I wouldn't recommend Venetica to anyone.

No, it's one of the worst games I played all year. Story is boring and forgettable, game is glitchy graphically and it has some game breaking glitches. The fighting system is mediocre. FRAMERATE is downright awful! And a block button that is mapped on a skill hotbar.

for $25 you can do much better, in fact you can get Resident Evil 5, or even Fallout New Vegas for cheaper or around the same price.

RENT the game for trophy's. Don't buy it unless you for some weird reason really like it.

Edited by Hoodieninja86

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just played the game and it is pretty bad its boring and tedious to do things. Sometimes they give you no direction at all. Combat is pretty basic and easy which makes combat feel very lame. Gameplay is the worst feature, getting stuck, glitching out for various reasons like at 1 point i couldnt talk to anyone or do anything. Dialong is often missing or they just outright say something completely different. I didnt mind it being a bad game til i finished chapter 2 then i really got nothing else fun out of it for the rest of the game. sending it back to gamefly after i finish this playthrough i dread the thought of playing through 2 more times.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I couldn't get into it. I thought the controls were clunky and while I'm no means a graphics whore, they are pretty bad. And the voice acting is terrible. I managed to get to the beginning of Act 2 and then completely lost interest and sent it back to gamefly. Assassin's Creed 2 and Brotherhood are about 50 times better for an action game set in Renaissance Italy.

• 5 months later...
No, it's one of the worst games I played all year. Story is boring and forgettable, game is glitchy graphically and it has some game breaking glitches. The fighting system is mediocre. FRAMERATE is downright awful! And a block button that is mapped on a skill hotbar.

for $25 you can do much better, in fact you can get Resident Evil 5, or even Fallout New Vegas for cheaper or around the same price.

RENT the game for trophy's. Don't buy it unless you for some weird reason really like it.

Definitely no game-breaking glitches there.:D

But I will take your (given long ago) advice and rent this.

EDIT: Now that I have played this, no, it's not that good. A lot of people complain about the graphics, but honestly, I think they're OK (obviously outdated, but kind of cute). I do not understand the problem with framerate, though. Also, the game freezes (it doesn't freeze the system, but it does freeze the game) during some conversations. Combat is a unfunny joke.

Edited by starcrunch061

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I played and platinumed this game a couple years ago. It lacks big budget production values, and it lacks polish in a lot of areas, but I actually enjoyed the game. The first time I went through the game, I had fun. It was definitely worth playing.

Having to go through the game AGAIN to get other trophies was not as fun. The game definitely hurts in the replay value department. You probably won't want to pick it up again after you finish it.

But overall, yeah, I recommend it to people who like open-ish questing RPGs as long as they can get it on the cheap. Just don't expect it to be Skyrim or anything. It's small in scope.

• 10 months later...
For me I thought it was great. I don't expect the game to look amazing, and the game play was fun.

But like said above, it does get a little boring after awhile. And if you go for the Plat, be prepared for one hell of a long grind. (3 playthroughs)

If you can get it for 25$ or less IMO it's worth it.

Good to know, thanks.

• 2 months later...

Im starting my second playthrough soon... looking forward to fighting everyone instead of being friendly :)

Like everyone said, its really glitchy at times, laggy at times, and graphically outdated. However, like many others, i found it pretty fun. Do i regret buying? No. Would i recommend it to fans of rpgs? Probably. Would i recommend it to high maintenance gamers? No.