Final Boss (Hard Mode)

wozzahotspurs

i am currently trying to defeat the Red & Blue Flying blokes but ill admit i am struggling, i havent really had any problems with the other bosses in this game but these two are causing me troubles.

I can get one of them to about half way health then every time them seem to get some knid of one hit kill on me!

Does anybody have any tatics / weapon use etc that makes beating them quite easy?

i am currently trying to defeat the Red & Blue Flying blokes but ill admit i am struggling, i havent really had any problems with the other bosses in this game but these two are causing me troubles.

I can get one of them to about half way health then every time them seem to get some knid of one hit kill on me!

Does anybody have any tatics / weapon use etc that makes beating them quite easy?

Well, a few tips I can give you:

- Keep moving all the time: since the cover is varible, there´s not much point in staying in one place all the time. Move ALWAYS by using Boost Cancel, and try to focus on one of the bogeys

- Learn their attacks!

- When they say "Aim carefully" they are about to throw the overheating grenades. Either shoot them or go all the way to the other side of the map.

- When you hear what it seams like a laser charging up, they can either launch their 20-30 beam laser attack or the massive single laser attack. For the first one keep boost cancelling left and right. For the second, I found it easier to stick to cover and jump sideways at the right time.

- Their last attack is the melee, in which they also tip with a few phrases.

The other attacks are basically laser shots ou can easily dodge while boost cancelling.

If you get overheated, try to keep sticking from cover to another with the square, you´ll move faster than dodging while overheated. Don´t forget your cigarettes either.

If you can get a shotgun shot when they are about to melee you they can get a big chunk of their health, but be careful with the timing

Well... that´s all I can thing. Don´t worry, you´ll get it eventually, just don´t stop moving and shooting.

Oh! And don´t forget YOU´RE ON A TIME LIMIT!! So you have to keep attacking!

Good job, those two are usually a pain in most people's rears.

They are the only two bosses in the game that actually take some strategy, the rest are just mad dodging and spamming bullets back at them.

Those last two bosses are pretty much thrown at you and out of the loop of your usual fighting against former bosses.

Once gotten, they usually never cause a problem again though xD

• 3 weeks later...

my strategy:

-always stay behind cover and try to keep the bogeys in front of you

-focus on only one

-use emp grenades whenever possible to stun a bogey and go in for an AR machine gun attack, then retreat when he pursuit you with melee

-try to use the same strategy with a rocket launcher, 3hits almost are half health gone

I've just done this myself. If you're having trouble then i suggest upgrading the rocket launcher and disk launcher as much as possible during this fight unless you're doing your no deaths run. When the rocket launcher is max level it will do 1/6 of an enemies health. If you use the 3 shots on one enemy then pick up the ammo on the left side it should finish one of them off. Then when one is left try to use the disk launcher to take their health down as its a fast weapon and easy to use while dodging attacks. At least thats how i finally won :)

• 2 months later...

Okay, the red one is a bit slower and he's the one with the deadly sniper shot, so I think it's best to watch and kill him. As long as you're in AR mode when you aim, you can hit him with a rocket when he's up on the ledge on the right trying to snipe you and when he goes back to the middle and takes off. As long as you hit him with 2 of the 3 rockets then it's okay, if only 1 or 0 might as well kill yourself. After that, I used EMP grenades with the Heavy Machine Gun in AR mode when it looked like I was in least danger, the rest of the time moving between the different cover, only standing rather than resting against it, so I could instantly move away. It only takes 2 or 3 EMPs + heavy machine gun to get him down to the required health for the cutscene.

MERCIFULLY, it then saves a checkpoint for you for part 2.

• 1 month later...

Really useful tips in this thread, thank you! Without them I would still be struggling with this bossfight.

I used the rocket launcher, heavy machinegun and the lock-on laser when both bogeys were alive. I started by letting the red bogey take his place on the right ledge, went into AR-mode and fired a rocket into him. After that I tried to stay behind cover as much as possible, and firing the lock-on laser on the red one from behind cover. When the bogeys says "Let´s go" they move into close hand-to-hand combat. I threw an EMP, and fired away on the red bogey with the heavy machinegun. I repeated this process until I was out of EMP:s, and finished off by firing a rocket on the stunned bogey (don´t use the rocket launcher until you have thrown your last EMP, because when the bogey gets hit by the rocket he will fly away). This way a lot of health was taken from the bogeys healthmeter. Next, I picked up some more EMP:s, and stayed behind cover again with the lock-on laser, waiting for the next "Let´s go" and EMP-machinegun-rocket-combo. After the red bogey died, the rest was pretty easy.

I found this to be the easiest way to beat the bogeys. From a distance I almost always used the lock-on laser on them, trying not to put myself in danger. The part when you have the best chance to cause some serious damage is when they come close and you can stun them a couple of times.

Edited by clayser

• 1 year later...

Okay, I struggled with this a LOT until I realized one tactic that allowed me to beat this on my first attempt. (This method also will work for both enemies if you have a full load of EMPs when heading into the battle).

If you can bide your time, wait until red moves in on you for a melee attack. (Choose red as his attacks are the deadlier of the two, not to mention harder to evade.) When he is close to you, throw an EMP onto the ground to catch him in the blast. When he's stunned, shoot him repeatedly with either the heavy machine gun or attack rifle. Throw another EMP onto him when he's coming out of the stun, and you can keep this up until the cutscene. You'll likely be out of your EMPs by now, but there should be at least one more set laying around the lower left side of the stage (per the map). If you get that, you can follow the same plan to destroy the blue enemy.

And viola!

• 6 months later...
These bosses were a pain in the :ass: on hard. Anyway I just got rid of they red one first thanks to the advice in this thread using EMP, rocket Launcher and Melee. Once I killed the red the blue was easy by himself.

Finally finished the hard playthrough (G) and now onto cleaning up a few missing trophies and ill finally have the (P)

Wait till you get to beat challenge 6 , it will be a mofo that one.Good luck , you will need it:D

• 3 months later...

One thing to add is to look at the radar. Keep cover and hide behind the opposite of where they are and focus on the red when the blue comes near to do a melee attack, just dodge then just don't worry about him anymore he will head back with the blue :dance: AR everytime you shoot.

Some of the tips in this thread definitely were helpful in completing the game on Hard. I recommend the "focus on the red Bogey first" strategy and those EMP grenades are a godsend to incapacitate them for a bit. I also strongly recommend leveling up those EMP grenades and the rocket launcher to their max if they're not already there. If it's not obvious how to do so, just start the level, head right for the launcher and grenades (there's one launcher and EMPs in 2 locations) and then let yourself die. Keep doing that and levelling up until you're maxed and then implement the aforementioned strategies. Once any weapon is maxed out, when you die and start again they'll still be at max level, plus you'll have extras lying around for more refills. I also leveled up the Lock On rockets for insurance and didn't even need it - beat the Bogeys using only the grenades, rocket launcher, and one melee kick. My Heavy Machine Gun and Assault Rifle didn't even fire a shot.

Edited by drfk168

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Yea i'm finding it difficult to beat these guys on hard but i've never been good at boost canceling, i mean i can do it but against these guys where the game throws two at you for no reason, much like those scorpion dudes is really ridiculous. ah well Made it this far just need to kill one for the checkpoint.

Also despite me keeping the laser cannon on me the entire game(i love that thing) it seems i will have switch it out. :(

Edit: Welp i died 10 more times but each time i was upgrading the RPG so that was cool. Managed to beat the red guy and dealt with the blue one, the thread did help so thanks. Damn 22 times i died total on that fight on hard :(

Edited by StealthBlade98