How hard are the challenges?

jx07

Hey,

I bought the game 2 weeks ago but didn't get a chance to play it coz of Black Ops and Brotherhood.

The game looks very cool and I plan to plat it along the way.

It is worth mentioning that this trophy is the reason Vanquish earns a 9.5 in terms of difficulty. Challenge 6 is very difficult and requires absolute precision. One mistake and it's over.

This statement is intimidating if I wanna plat it.

How hard are the challenges? Are they as hard as..... let's say (MOTHAFUCKING) Arkham Asylum?

Its hard, very hard, but far from impossible.

If you found Arkham Asylum hard, then you will most likely not platinum this game :p. That game is very easy compared to this.

I hated my life going for Arkham Asylum's challenges.

But can yo give me a general idea of the challenges in this game?

Is it about scoring points, time challenges, surviving challenges...... etc

Its all about survival, or if you're sadistic, trying to survive AND make it to the last round as fast as possible.

There are numerous tips posted all over the forums. If you wanna know what the challenges are like, there are a few videos in the trophy guide that can help.

Still, its better to play the challenges to understand what you're up against.

the challenges are surviving 5 waves of enemies, there is a time recorder but i think it's only to make a record

there are 6 challenges in total so that makes them 30 waves of madness

lol just kiding almost half of them are piece of cake.

i didn't finish them all but still trying and by each attempt i get better, so just go for it.

oh i did suck so hard at batmans challenges too :p

so i'll try not to ashame my self here:applause:

Its hard, very hard, but far from impossible.

If you found Arkham Asylum hard, then you will most likely not platinum this game :p. That game is very easy compared to this.

I think both games are similar, in that you just keep hacking away at the challenge rooms over & over again until you eventually beat them. I am still stuck on Vanquish challenge #4 (so I can't comment on 5 or 6 yet), but just like with the AA extreme challenges (1 or 2 of 'em, anyway) that gave me fits, practice makes perfect.

At least in Vanquish you are not playing against the clock. Thank goodness for that.

I think both games are similar, in that you just keep hacking away at the challenge rooms over & over again until you eventually beat them. I am still stuck on Vanquish challenge #4 (so I can't comment on 5 or 6 yet), but just like with the AA extreme challenges (1 or 2 of 'em, anyway) that gave me fits, practice makes perfect.

At least in Vanquish you are not playing against the clock. Thank goodness for that.

challenge 5 easy but 6 big different than other.will know what different between Batman:AA & this game.

I'm assuming you mean the combat challenges in AA? They were pretty easy once you learned to abuse the Hit + Jump over an enemy tactic. I did anyways IIRC, cant remember.

Challenge 6 isn't really all too bad. For reference, after reading many of the tips over several forums, I was able to finish it in 4 hours, taking a break in between when I got too frustrated. Read the tips, and I can assure you these challenges are defeatable.

Edited by BreadSkin

• 2 weeks later...
hey guys i just had a quick question about the challenges once u beat one do u have to replay it once more if u die in the next one ? so if u die in challenge 3 do u go back to 1 or is it just the waves ?

thnx

You need to beat any challenge one time. If you die in any wave, you have to start from the wave one again.