Tactical Challenges

wottagunn

Alright, this thread had to be made.

Like many of you, I am stuck on Challenge six. I can get up to round 4.

This trophy is absolutely ridiculous. Only the smallest amount of players will be able to beat this challenge. It will keep me from Platinum.

Honestly, this game gets a 10/10 in terms of difficulty from me. This is the most difficult thing I have ever played in a any game. I thought God of War's challenges were hard.... not even close.

Please, use this thread people and let's help each other out. Not only for challenge 6, but all of them.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im having trouble with challenge 4

the others were pretty easy if you know about certain tricks

in challenge 2 you can hide in a corner to recover, makes it very easy

in challenge 5 when fighting the buzzard just stand under the roof, hide behind a pillar and shoot. and when facing the argus just hide next to the turret in the room there.

anyone noticed something like that in challenge 4?

Finally after 3 playthroughs on Vanquish ive got the Legend trophy.

All i need now is this rock hard Tactical challenge trophy and thats Vanquish done.

It was hard enough to do Mission one i dont know how im gonna do the other 4... there nails!!!!

Someone needs to do a video of them all... fast

im having trouble with challenge 4

the others were pretty easy if you know about certain tricks

in challenge 2 you can hide in a corner to recover, makes it very easy

in challenge 5 when fighting the buzzard just stand under the roof, hide behind a pillar and shoot. and when facing the argus just hide next to the turret in the room there.

anyone noticed something like that in challenge 4?

I did it this way:

Round 1: Take out the blue bots by headshots and rolling, always sparing about a third of your boost. When the two Romanovs arive either boost to the other side of the area or blow up their tank from where you are, hopefully destroying some of the bots left. They are very fast, but do'nt hit often if you roll enough.

Round 2: Get to the second rock and wait for the Romanov on the "upper level" to spawn, go in AR and shoot his head of. Proceed with the other Romanov right behind the rock the same way. If he comes to close, go to the first rock. That's your primary cover from now on and hopefully only the last Romanov (which doesn't move) got his head left. The easiest way is to wait for the small enemies behind the rock and to try to get in AR when the Romanov launches his big missile. Destroy it before he finishes and he's gone.

Finish up the last damn bots. Time to refresh.

Round 3: This is pretty easy. Take out the flying turret and the bots. The multi-legged "boss" often gets stuck at the end of the level. He shouldn't be a problem.

Round 4: As you enter the area boost to the column next to the trees. As soon as the flying robots spawn throw an EMP, which kills them. Fight the tank as you prefer, I used the shotgun after I got to the back. You can also use 3 grenades here, if you spared them, because you can pick up new ones here.The cover here is breakable, so this stage is pretty hard.

Round 5: Omg.. take the rocket launcher from the Round 4-area with you. I left my shotgun there.

As you enter the area, take cover. As soon as the Romanov to your left spawns, kill it with two rockets. Stay your ground, hopefully killing a few of the blue bots. As soon as the fire-Romanov spawns (right in front of you!), blow up his tank. This should take out the smaller enemies (you can use an EMP and grenades here) and damage your primary target: The Chrystal Viper. Rolling, boosting and hitting Square when he rushes on you is the motto.

Their should be an up upgrade by now, so you have 4 rockets left. I took the remaining Romanov out first (with some luck you catch him firing his big missile - bingo!) and finished the Chrystal Viper at last. Always keep your distance, If he charges at you, wait for the Quicktime-Event, unleash your bullets at the lying enemy, reload, go to AR when he gets up and fire, repeat.

Hope that'll help. I'm stuck myself in the last round of challenge 6.

Edited by Neophyte

Remember when I said these challenges were gonna be cake?

Ya they're not :eek:.

I've made it to the last round of Challenge 4 a couple of times, but I still need some time to figure out the spawning pattern.

According to most, Challenge 4 is cake compared to 6. I am NOT looking forward to this...

Alright, this thread had to be made.

Like many of you, I am stuck on Challenge six. I can get up to round 4.

This trophy is absolutely ridiculous. Only the smallest amount of players will be able to beat this challenge. It will keep me from Platinum.

Honestly, this game gets a 10/10 in terms of difficulty from me. This is the most difficult thing I have ever played in a any game. I thought God of War's challenges were hard.... not even close.

Please, use this thread people and let's help each other out. Not only for challenge 6, but all of them.

I am stuck also in 6-4 :D

This guy isn't stuck...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3emuURm3jc]YouTube - VANQUISH challenge mode 6-5.mp4[/ame]

When it comes to challenges, I'm finding the best results with the heavy machine gun, but fireing it by tapping the tripper as apposed to holding it down, you get a much cleaner aim and more rounds hit their targets. Basically, treat it like a pistol.

Also I might have found a small glitch... however I doubt it'll give you much of any advantage in challenge 6.

I discovered a way to shoot through/around walls.

If you've played Eat Lead: The return of Mat Hazard it's very similar to the shooting through/around corners glitch in that game.

Imagine you're taking cover behind one of those cargo crates, on the other side is an enemy. When in cover, if you manipulate the camera so you (the player) can see the enemy, so long as the target is fixed on that enemy, he will almost always take the bullets, they will pass right through the solid objects. Best part is, the enemy will fire back at you, but his rounds will not penetrate the solid object.

It seems that the bullets in this game impact based on what the white target is touching as apposed to a direct line of sight.

So for instance. Say I'm cover facing a wall and the target cross hairs are facing it... I shoot. The bullets hit the wall. However, if I play with the analogue pads and move the camera so I can see the enemy, and move the target to line up... the bullets will hit the bad guy. But I'll be safe behind cover.

The problem... this trick doesn't give you much of an advantage, eventually the enemy will move, or another will come to its aid. Meaning you'll have to move after a few seconds.

Like I said, I doubt it'll help much in chapter 6... but it might aid you getting there on the other challenges. It aided me in challenge 3 a great deal.

But I wouldn't worry too much. If the times on the leaderboards are genuine, then chances are we'll start to see speedrun videos soon. Then we'll see a lot of tricks.

Anyway, remember mirrors edge? It took 3 days for anyone to beat the target time on one of those stages, now everyone knows what to do.

Edited by King_Ubu

Here are some videos for Challenge 6. Credit goes to the player/uploader j060368. Quality isn't the best but the player shows some good strategy that's not too hard to duplicate.

Part 1

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyAry5q7ZBs]YouTube - VANQUISH[/ame]

Part 2

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYcZHCbk8lc]YouTube - VANQUISH[/ame]

EDIT

Just got http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/images/smilies/platinum.png

I should be 29th (21:38) on the leaderboards but was playing offline. They really should patch it so you can upload your scores/times if you played offline.

I needed a better location to start from for round 4 and 5 so I copied what j060368 did in the above videos. Worked out perfectly. I wasn't able to use the rocket launcher the blue Bogey dropped however because it dropped too close to another weapon.

The weapons I used are as follows:

Round 1 - assault rifle and shotgun on Gorgies/Crystal Viper

Round 2 - swapped the shotgun for the sniper rifle to take out the Gorgies, 1 EMP grenade to take out the View Hounds, assault rifle on the Bogey and any remaining Gorgies

Round 3 - swapped the sniper rifle for the disc launcher, one grenade to take out the Gorgies when they spawn (didn't work so I used the assault rifle to kill them beheaded all Romanovs with the disc launcher,

Round 4 - Swapped the disc launcher for the rocket launcher that drops and swapped the assault rifle for the LFE gun, one grenade to kill the Gorgie spawn and heavy machine gun for the remaining Gorgies, LFE gun for the A2 Spheres, heavy machine gun and one rocket for the Air Gatling and both Bias.

Round 5 - LFE gun for the A2 spheres, EMP grenades, rocket launcher, heavy machine guns and the assault rifle for the Bogeys (I also used the upgrade on the rocket launcher)

And here's the secret trophy image/description

http://trophy01.np.community.playstation.net/trophy/np/NPWR01135_00_6D67F17B6477187872920B1D800E506B758010DA/71BE7F548EEBDC576A996A5ED2A3BF32178C36C4.PNG

Tactical Challenger

Complete all of the Tactical Challenges in VANQUISH.

Edited by silver9T9

Nice one Silver 9T9

Ive got Challenge 4 down pat with some easy strategy now, should i do a video of it to help people whos stuck or have everyone else able to pass it without bother by now?

Edited by KAP

Nice one Silver 9T9

Ive got Challenge 4 down pat with some easy strategy now, should i do a video of it to help people whos stuck or have everyone else able to pass it without bother by now?

If you want to spend the time making I'm sure it would be greatly appreciated. I would make some videos but lack the proper hardware (not using my cell phone ;))

I just atempted Challenge 5 and did it first go. wasnt hard at all.

Challenge 6 act 1 is tuff.. where do i start lol

Gonna check the videos out you posted to get some tips... the roll is a godsend and it was only yesterday i relised you can hold the button to constantly roll lol

I'll do a video of challenge 4 then but it will be recorded by my cybershot 10MP camera. It wont be perfect but it will be clear enough tho.

Edited by KAP

I just atempted Challenge 5 and did it first go. wasnt hard at all.

Challenge 6 act 1 is tuff.. where do i start lol

Gonna check the videos out you posted to get some tips... the roll is a godsend and it was only yesterday i relised you can hold the button to constantly roll lol

I'll do a video of challenge 4 then but it will be recorded by my cybershot 10MP camera. It wont be perfect but it will be clear enough tho.

Wave 1 is extremely easy. Just use your shotgun and dash/dodge around the map killing the red RIs while always being ready to press sqaure if the crystal viper runs up on you.

I find that in wave 2 the easiest way is to kill the Bogey first. I immediately enter AR mode and take him down with the Assault rifle or Machine Gun(if he comes close). Throw EMPs to take out the air support when they get close then finish off the rest of the RIs.

Wave 3 is the easiest wave, just throw a grenade in the center at the start to take out the red RIs. Then Dive roll to your right and enter AR mode and shoot the gas tank on the fire Romanov causing him to explode. After that switch to disc gun and shoot the heads off the 3 drill romanovs. Then move away from the 3 berserk romanovs with no heads and dodge the nuke romanov until he fires a nuke. Immediately enter AR mode and shoot the nuke as it comes out of his canon killing him. Wait for the other romanovs to kill themselves off and pick up and LFE gun.

Wave 4 you need to eliminate the rolling balls first immediately as they spawn. Then rush over to the area where the EMP grenades are laying on the ground. Use an EMP and a mixture of LFE/Heavy Machine gun to wipe out as many Blue RIs and the Air Support as you can(Air Support is priority as it is the most dangerous). After this dodge/dash your way around the map and keep your distance from the scorpions while picking off any remaining blue RIs. Once you are down to the scorpions it is easy, just dodge/dash to stay away from them and then fire at their weak points with the assault rifle. Takes a while but is very easy.

Wave 5. You should preferably start this wave with LFE gun, Rocket Launcher with 3 shots, 2 EMPs. First thing you do is wipe out all the balls with the LFE gun. It kills them in one shot and if timed correctly you can trash them as soon as they spawn. Use your EMPs here, it opens up the balls and makes them an easy target for LFE gun. Now you can use your rocket launcher on the blue bogey. Unload all 3 shots on him, then rush to the weapon upgrade and use it to reload your rocket launcher. Unload these 3 shots on the blue bogey. It should be dead or very nearly dead at this point. Finish it off and it should drop another rocket launcher. Use these 3 shots on the purple bogey. Should be around 50% HP at this point, just finish it off with heavy machine gun or assault rifle. It is really easy once you have taken out the first bogey.

The hardest parts are the beginning of wave 4 and 5. If you don't eliminate stuff fast you are going to lose. And the hardest part in general is just the fact that you have to be near perfect for 15-20 minutes. With enough practice you should be able to pull it off, but it is definitely one of the hardest challenges in any game.

Edited by DarkEneru

Wave 1 is a piece of cake now its just wave 2 thats doing my head in.. i cant pass it, where does the bogey spawn mate?

He spawns right in the middle of the arena. Near the statue. You should stay behind the cover where you initially start from wave one. I just jump out from behind it in AR mode and shoot him. If you aim at his face he dies extremely fast. Roughly 3 AR shootings at his face will drop him. I usually kill him within 20-30 seconds.

He spawns right in the middle of the arena. Near the statue. You should stay behind the cover where you initially start from wave one. I just jump out from behind it in AR mode and shoot him. If you aim at his face he dies extremely fast. Roughly 3 AR shootings at his face will drop him. I usually kill him within 20-30 seconds.

Thanks for tip mate I'll try that. It'll be so mush easier if he wasn't moving so much when you trigger AR mode. So annoying.

God knows how I'll do challenge 6 if I can't even do the second wave.... Damn.

You got the platinum trophy already Darkeneru?

Thanks for tip mate I'll try that. It'll be so mush easier if he wasn't moving so much when you trigger AR mode. So annoying.

God knows how I'll do challenge 6 if I can't even do the second wave.... Damn.

You got the platinum trophy already Darkeneru?

No I have to find the pandagloss statues still. If the Bogey is moving a lot do not waste your AR bar. Just dodge around for a second and go AR mode again when he slows down. He will stop to use attacks often. This is when you want to destroy him with AR mode.

So I'm stuck on challenge 4.... I can do the first areas with utterly no problems.

I get to the final stage with the shotgun, assault rifle and rocket launcher as well as full grenades and stun grenades... Yet I'm lucky if I last a few seconds, just how do people do this one?

Throw grenade at the blue RIs. Then EMP. Then take out the first romanovs head if you can. If not just kill it with rocket launcher. Then take out flame romanov by shooting his gas tank. Dodge around crystal viper and kill the other romanov. Then kill viper. After you get past the first 15-20 seconds it isn't so bad.

If you are getting there with full nades/EMPs it should be really easy. Just spam those to keep yourself alive.