Rate the trophy difficulty...  

393 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty...

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_plat_9.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 8.89

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.

Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by Xander45

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a 6, a 7, and a 10 and no comments of your reasons. Come on people. leave a reasoning behind your votes. Some people use these ratings and guides when they purchase games and I'm one of those gamers.

I give the game a 7. I completed it on hard, but in the process died a total of 93 times. I NEVER give up. Getting a plat in this game is very doable, but very long, long is good when the game is awesome!!!!

I say it's about 6. Aside from the challenge mode which just takes practice and memorization of what enemies spawn. As well as not dieing in Campaign. It's not a hard game to plat. I have all but 3 trophies: the statues, challenge mode, and living legend. Just beat it on hard and do some clean up on easy for anything you missed.

I gave this game a 7 because it was fairly tough on hard mode for example, it takes 3 to 5 physical attacks and even more for explosives too kill you on casual mode but it can only take 1 of both types of attacks to kill you on hard. I Would have give this game an 8 or 9 but most of the trophies on this game are fairly easy, with the exception of challenge mode, i'm still working on that.

After platinuming this game, I gave this a 10 because of these factors:

1. The Pangloss statue collectibles in this game is tough to find and its probably the hardest collectible I have ever encountered in a video game.

2. Flash! King of the Impossible and Smoke 'em if ya got 'em trophies are very tricky to get and very luck based.

The Lock-On Laser has poor damage and accuracy for Flash! trophy. And it doesn't help that there is no stat telling you how many enemies you distracted with your cigarette for "Smoke Em" trophy.

3. What really drives it up to a 10 for me is Challenge #4 and Challenge #6.

Challenge #4 is tough because you have to dodge the Unknown in Round 3 or else its instant death. Plus, round 5 is a nightmare because you got so many enemies rushing/sniping at you in a narrow area.

If that wasn't bad enough, Challenge #6 is even worse specifically Rounds 4-5. Rounds 1-3 are easy to get through if you have enough practice though its still possible to get killed because the AI gets real cheap.

However, round 4-5 is tough because if you don't wipe out most of the enemies at the start of the round, you fail the challenge. Plus, you need to have incredible strafe/dodging skills in order to survive Rounds 4-5 and hope that nothing cheap happens with the boss battles in Rounds 4-5.

While Challenge #6 is a wide open map, there is not much places to hide for cover.

Overall, it takes a lot of will and skill to platinum Vanquish. I thought I would never be able to platinum this game because of Challenge #6 but I guess having a good nights rest helps.

Gets a 10 from me... and I don't normally rate these things a 10... gets it for the following reasons.

Challenge 4 and 6 are utterly brutal. Just look at the leaderboards for these, theres barely anyone on there thats got a result for them! Theres virtually no youtube videos up, which is rare for this type of thing. These two are not easy and are up there with some of the hardest gameplay experiences of all time.

To counter the votes of the morons who rated this anything below 7. No you're not some kind of Vanquish/videogame God, you've just not played these challenges or even own the game, you're not fooling anyone.

Side note: Personally... I think this is a harder platinum than Demons Souls...

I said I could do it, and I did!

Vanquish overall wasn't hard at all, as long as you took things slow and made sure not overheat whenever you use AR mode. Finding the statues would've been a pain in the butt since a lot of them are VERY well hidden. However, thanks to the videos posted online, they're just a matter of getting to them. None of the combat related trophies are hard to be honest, especially if you attempt them with a fully upgraded weapons.

What gives this game such a high difficulty rating, are the challenges. 1-3, and 5 are easy enough in this regard, since there are places you can use to take cover and patch up before going Rambo again. However, Challenge 4, especially the 5th wave can be a pain the ass since the stage is so damn enclosed. Challenge 6 is ridiculous, since if you don't take care of the enemies as quickly as you can, you will almost immediately get overwhelmed. However, good use of the Rocket Launchers, HMG, EMP grenades, and efficient use of cover and AR dodging make this challenge very possible to finish.

Wall of text, didn't read? I give it a 8/10.

the game deserves a 10 its not because of the collectibles its not because of any in game combat trophies it all comes down to challenge 6

its sooooo relentlesly BRUTAl its the hardest thing i have ever played

it requires a tremendus amount of patience and skill i finaly got it just 5 mins ago after more than 20hours i consider my self relatively skilled and my thumbs hurt

its not for the faint harted i wish that they wont nurf the challenge thus making tha trophies much easier in the future

the efforts of the people that got it now must not be for nothing

Edited by jimmius

Tactical mission was the only sticking point and that wasn't really that tough. The main story related trophies were ridiculously easy and straight forward for the most part and the difficulty is dampened emensouly by hand holding checkpoints and the fact that you can run through this game twice on a lazy afternoon.

Disappointed by the lack of challenge, especially from a Platinum games titles, Vanquish can't lick Bayonetta's boots in terms of plat difficulty. Back to EB you go.

Gave it. 3

Tactical mission was the only sticking point and that wasn't really that tough. The main story related trophies were ridiculously easy and straight forward for the most part and the difficulty is dampened emensouly by hand holding checkpoints and the fact that you can run through this game twice on a lazy afternoon.

Disappointed by the lack of challenge, especially from a Platinum games titles, Vanquish can't lick Bayonetta's boots in terms of plat difficulty. Back to EB you go.

Gave it. 3

Confirmed for casual-tier. Also you clearly didn't beat the challenges.

Bayonetta platinum was a joke. Any 12 year old can get every trophy by spamming yellow lollipops.

Gave it. 3

beat the challenges first so you can rate the game's dificulty by the time i did challenge number 6 only 60 people where on the leaderbords

people with 60 plats gave this game a ten and you give it a 3 for the love of god not even hana montana gets a 3

Tactical mission was the only sticking point and that wasn't really that tough

[...]

Gave it. 3

Oh yes... such a lack of challenge... considering you dont actually have the platinum yet... Also if the tactical challenges are not that tough... how come you havn't completed them yet?

Looking at when you got your trophies, it's quite obvious that you've followed a guide to the letter so forgive me if I'm unimpressed by your stance on the game and the score...

Or will you be returning the game before you get platinum? Sounds daft to claim it's only a 3 and returning the game when you're missing a number of trophies... And not just the hardest one on the list.

Edited by King_Ubu

Gave it. 3

I lol'd.

Clearly the title of this thread is for the difficulty of the PLATINUM, not just certain trophies. Troll moar.