• 21-25 hours
    • 26-35 hours
    • 36-50 hours
    • 51-75 hours
    • 76-100 hours
    • 100+ hours

Unknown.JPG

Estimated Time to Plat Length: ????

• Visit the Platinum Club for this game.
  • Visit the Collected Estimated Time Ratings thread.

Voting Guidelines

1. Voted time should be based on your own personal time spent working towards the Plat or 100%.
  2. Do not vote based on "fastest possible run", but rather your own experience in playing the game.
  3. Voted time should be in-game time spent, from first starting game to achieving the Plat or 100%.
  4. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  5. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  6. Vote with honesty and integrity.

• 2 weeks later...

It took me somewhere around 30-35 hours.

Most of the trophies are a cakewalk and it's easy to blitz through the game in five hours, even on hard difficulty.

The main bulk of the time is going to come on the Tactical Challenges, particularly numbers 4 and 6. I remember it took me ten hours to get through Tactical Challenge 6 alone.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...

26-35 hours.

I think it's quite doable in about 30 hours. This is the approximate amount of time I've spent for each task:

- Beating the game on Casual while picking up collectibles: 4h 30 mins, approximately

- Beating the game on Hard while picking up missed collectibles: 6h 30 mins, approximately

- Challenges: 18 hours approximately, 12-14 of which have been devoted to challenge 6

Anyway, time depends entirely on challenge 6. I find it frankly difficult to beat in less than 5-6 hours of practice, but it's also quite difficult not to beat it at least once in less than 20 hours, if and when you're improving and attempting it with a minimum sense.

• 2 years later...

I'm probably at about 10-15 hours on challenge 6 this week. I got all of the other trophies a long time ago but from what I remember the main game isn't really that hard, about 20 hours if you do it over a few playthroughs. So 35 hours seems like a good estimate. It just depends on how long it takes you to do the final challenge.

• 3 weeks later...

Estimated time: 25h +

Difficulty 8

Great game! Definitely recommend it! Very enjoyable apart from Tac Challenge 6.

Time:

First Run on Easy with Collectibles and most misc. trophies, took about 10-15h.

Second Run on Hard took about 5-6h.

Then another 10h for the challenges (6h for Challenge 6).

Difficulty:

Hard Mode is not very tough. But the challenge are quite difficult. I found the challenge No.4 a little tricky only for the last wave.

And of course the challenge 6, which everyone is talking about, is pretty hard, mostly because of the last wave against 2 bogeys (bosses).

I recommend you watch the strategy video by Kevinnummer1 and try to copy exactly what he does (see below).

Videos

• 1 year later...

My vote is 26 - 34 Hours.

The campaign isn't all that difficult and it took me around 10 - 15 Hours. That was doing two playthroughs, one on Hard difficulty and one for cleanup (missed the trophy for beating the game without dying).

The challenges is where the true meat of the game is and they are the reason why so many people are stuck on 91 percent in terms of trophies.

I spent a good 12 - 15 hours on just Challenge 6 alone. I spent 3 to 5 hours collectively on Challenges 1 - 5, watching videos on YouTube to help with finding new strategies.

Challenge 6 is fucking tough. Wave 5 of this challenge will determine if you will get the platinum trophy or not. LOTS of practice and dedication are needed, as well as skill and a little bit of luck.

Nonetheless, Vanquish is a great game.

• 5 months later...
Estimated time: 25h +

Difficulty 8

Great game! Definitely recommend it! Very enjoyable apart from Tac Challenge 6.

Time:

First Run on Easy with Collectibles and most misc. trophies, took about 10-15h.

Second Run on Hard took about 5-6h.

Then another 10h for the challenges (6h for Challenge 6).

Difficulty:

Hard Mode is not very tough. But the challenge are quite difficult. I found the challenge No.4 a little tricky only for the last wave.

And of course the challenge 6, which everyone is talking about, is pretty hard, mostly because of the last wave against 2 bogeys (bosses).

I recommend you watch the strategy video by Kevinnummer1 and try to copy exactly what he does (see below).

Videos

This time around, on the ps4 remaster disc version, with 60 fps, it took about 15hours. The 60 fps helps a little and also the fact that I did it once before. But challenge 6 is still hard, so the 8 in difficulty is still deserving I would say.

Here is my run of challenge 6 on the ps4:

• 1 month later...

Voted 36-50, but probably was more.

Challenge 6 was obviously the biggest time sink (although I found Challenge 4 pretty difficult as well).

Spent at least 30 hours just on Challenge 6 - eureka moment came when I stopped trying to master the speedrun tactics and went for a longer but less skillful approach (boost-dodging with lock-on laser).

All in all a very satisfying platinum to add to my collection - and so nice that the rarity of the trophy is not based on any long and drawn-out MP!