finished wave 4 & 5 first try :)

kldmax

wasnt difficult at all i followed this guide

the most important things for wave 5 (beside every thing from the video) imo are:

a.focusing all your attention at the blue guy & try killing him as fast as possible.

b.always use at most half of the AR miter.

c.if you get hit even once use AR mode to heal up & attack.

d.be aggressive.

Live stream on Twitch holding a copy of todays newspaper or it never happened!!

Haha naw jk, I dunno what to say man, this game is driving me crazy and you are just throwing more fuel on the fire. I have tried going on 200 times now and watched every video and read every guide. I have SF4 plat, Mirror's Edge, Catherine, nothing in those games gave me close to the grief of this challenge. That someone could beat it on their first try blows my mind.

Live stream on Twitch holding a copy of todays newspaper or it never happened!!

Haha naw jk, I dunno what to say man, this game is driving me crazy and you are just throwing more fuel on the fire. I have tried going on 200 times now and watched every video and read every guide. I have SF4 plat, Mirror's Edge, Catherine, nothing in those games gave me close to the grief of this challenge. That someone could beat it on their first try blows my mind.

what part your stuck on , did you watch the video i provided in the first post.

it seems most strategies have you waste the lock on gun pretty early on which is a shame seeing how effective it is against the blue & red guys.

I've watched that video a few times.

I can get to wave 5 pretty consistently now and can almost always clear out the ball enemies, but I have yet to down even one bogey.

I don't use the lock on laser for anything before the bogeys and my current strat is to use the upgrade for the laser to get more ammo.

I tend to miss with the rocket launcher too much to depend on it for anything. I'm also not very good at focusing on one bogey. One run I had them both down to about 1/3 health.

I think I need to try focusing more on the blue guy first as well as actually connecting with the rocket launcher.

Just wondering, do you think it becomes easier once you get rid of a bogey? I've read some places that the last guy goes into beast mode once he's solo but I'm not really clear on the mechanics of it.

Anyway I will get there eventually it's just really hard for me for some reason.

I've watched that video a few times.

I tend to miss with the rocket launcher too much to depend on it for anything. I'm also not very good at focusing on one bogey. One run I had them both down to about 1/3 health.

I think I need to try focusing more on the blue guy first as well as actually connecting with the rocket launcher.

i would advise saving the rocket launcher for the red guy seeing you actually have time to use the lock on feature when your in slow mo

Just wondering, do you think it becomes easier once you get rid of a bogey? I've read some places that the last guy goes into beast mode once he's solo but I'm not really clear on the mechanics of it.

i do even though he become more aggressive its much easier focusing on one guy and knowing were the shots are coming from.

update: i just finished the challenge four times now and i only died once in the last wave ( i forget to pick up the laser gun).ether the strategy in the video is pretty good or the game is made for me or something.

ermagherd I finally beat it! Feels so good.

First time I downed a bogey it wasn't much trouble taking out the second. The strategy I adopted was to focus on Alpha first, as it was either the sniper shots or the mega laser was my bane in this challenge. Killed him with Lock on Laser and used up the rest of my ammo on Bravo then finished him off with Assault Rifle, never even picked up the rocket launcher.

The nightmare is over :D My time was 18:45

ermagherd I finally beat it! Feels so good.

First time I downed a bogey it wasn't much trouble taking out the second. The strategy I adopted was to focus on Alpha first, as it was either the sniper shots or the mega laser was my bane in this challenge. Killed him with Lock on Laser and used up the rest of my ammo on Bravo then finished him off with Assault Rifle, never even picked up the rocket launcher.

The nightmare is over :D My time was 18:45

congrats dude :applause:

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
Challenge 6 wave 5. Can't kill a single bogey:mad: . I lose too much time trying to kill the ball enemies. Any strategy that could help?

There's not much to say other than be quick and kill them as they spawn. Memorize the spawn points and you'll be definitely able to kill 6 of them the moment they spawn, maybe even all 9. It's shit because it can't be practised well (15-20 min to reach it) but once you memorize it it's easy. Then just boost roll like crazy and shoot a burst of laser/shoot a rocket whenever there's an opening.

Challenge 6 wave 5. Can't kill a single bogey:mad: . I lose too much time trying to kill the ball enemies. Any strategy that could help?

I made a guide just for this Challenge and it is a sticky in the forums. What gun are you using for the Ball drones? Are you using the LFE Gun or something else? :think:

Seeing I was having a lot of trouble killing the rolling balls quickly, I tried to constantly reach round 5 with five EMP grenades and practiced throwing one of them at the start of round 5 to stun most of them (and maybe at least one of the bogeys in the process). A few tries after perfecting this strategy I killed them all and then managed to finally clear this nightmare of a challenge.

Edited by Brightblade

I reached roung 5 with just 4 EMP and that was enough to take the bogeys, you need to use the EMP when you're about to die and quickly run to cover. I found at the start of the level and the end of the right is a wall were you can hide and sometimes the bogeys start shooting from the other side and wait about 30 seconds to move to your left to attack you but is enough to recover you AR meter and health. Hope this helps you.