Easy Gun Upgrade Method

Steveg3331

Hi Guys,

I was looking through the forums and didn't see anything related. I found an easy way to upgrade your guns during the campaign in Vanquish. As you know when you have a specific gun that has full ammo and you pick up more ammo you receive a gun upgrade. My method allows you to upgrade your gun any time you pick up ammo as long as you have a secondary gun available for pick up.

Say you have a heavy machine gun and there is ammo available for a heavy machine gun. Beside you, you also have the option to pick up a shotgun that is not currently in your four gun selection. Switch your heavy machine gun with the shotgun, then switch the shotgun with the new heavy machine gun. This switch will give you full ammo for your heavy machine gun. You can then pick up your old heavy machine gun for the upgrade. Takes about 10 seconds to do and will greatly help you on your journey throughout the game.

Cheers!

• 4 weeks later...

Yea I figured this out as well.

Another thing you can do although I'm not sure if this works when going for a zero death run, probably not, but I did an easy run first with zero deaths and then for my hard playthrough I noticed that if you die in an area you will lose some upgrades but this only happens the first time you die so if there's lots of guns in that area you can pick them all up, die and keep repeating until your guns are fully upgraded. I did it at the first Argos battle on my hard run. Not really necessary since the campaign isn't that hard, but does make it a bit easier.

• 1 month later...