Vandal Hearts: Flames of Judgment

How to beat the last boss easily

I saw some people having trouble with this battle, and personally once I understood how to beat it I did it twice in a row without even being close to losing. So I've decided to write a short guide on how to beat it...

The idea is to be the good guy, only being defensive, not the offensive. When this worked so extremely well for me, I think it was meant to be this way from the developers side, and I love that! :D

How to be defensive? It's pretty easy! But before I talk about that, you should know your enemies... There are two kinds of them, and if you kill them, they will be a part of your team with full health. The enemies with over 500HP will attack you physically, and you will respond with a counter attack. The enemies with under 400HP cast magic most of the time, and you will not be able to counter attack them. The ones with over 500HP will die eventually by you just counter attacking them, and thereby become a part of your team. The ones with under 400HP will you have to kill, and they are very important you get on your team. The biggest problem is that once you start turning enemies to your team other enemies will start attacking them instead of you, and the ones on your team will even respond with a counter attack that might kill the enemy without turning them to your team. With other words, try to get the ones on your team as far away from where the enemies are and make sure they always got full health (they all know the spell heal). Sometimes you can use the ones with over 500HP that is on your team to weaken an enemy before you attack them, making you one-hit-kill them. :)

Now with that said about the enemies, start the battle by casting divine power on yourself, to raise your defense and attack. Now they will attack you, and you lose less health now and you attack them back with even greater power! :) Next round you should heal. After this it's somewhat up to you what to do, just remember what I said in the step above about the enemies. You will want to use the enemies who has become a part of your team with under 400HP, they who know a lot of magic spells, to attack the big flame bosses from a distance with for example ice comet. You may also go ahead and attack it yourself straight on when the other enemies are dead or become a part of your team. Have someone on your team behind you with over 500HP to refill your health with heal. Also have some of those other with over 500HP spread all over the place taking damage from the big flame bosses and refilling their health all the time (yes, use them as tanks).

Long story short:

• Be defensive and make sure to heal enough.
  • Your main character should be the defensive leader that recruits minions.
  • The mages should attack the big flame bosses with Ice Comet.
  • The physically strong ones should be tanks and take the heavy damage while healing as much as they can.