Vandal Hearts: Flames of Judgment

dry riverbed treasures with wounded girl

• 2 weeks later...

ok tried few more times most i got on a single try was the treasure by the tree and map peice in trunk. It only had a herb in the box. On another try went for lower treasure and a normal axe that could be bought at the fort. while have been able to get both i check top and lower atleast 10 times each and only got herbs or the axe at best. So it is safe to say this battle is not were first try treasures start.

info on treasures chests i did some research and the only maps you need to first try are the treasure maps shown as treasure chests on world map. These have unique items in them. All other maps first try or not give stuff you can just buy.

Edited by Soulcollector1
added info

• 4 years later...

I was able to get both chests and the secret battle map within a few tries. It's tricky. The key is to try and keep all 3 party members close to eachother so that way you can keep buffing one another with the Mobility augment and Healing magic (if need be). The healing magic mostly pertains to Calvin because he doesn't have the greatest health pool.

Have Tobias take aggro (draw the enemies to you). Engage in combat slightly but rely mostly on countering. I say "rely mostly on countering" because if you kill all the enemies by straight up attacking them you run the risk of killing them all to quickly before your other characters can reach the chests and secret battle map. If you kill them all prior to getting all the treasures than the battle ends and you move on to the next location.

Honestly though don't trouble yourself over this because the treasures in the chests aren't even worth it. Just focus on getting the secret battle map from the tree.

I hope this tip helped anyone who might want all the treasure chests anyway.

TacoNinja is right, don't kill enemies too fast.

If you need to avoid counterattacking cause you're killing them too fast, change to "wrong" weapon. If last enemy is using melee, get everybody using bows, so nobody counters, you won't do any damage.

Just heal and buff yourself until you get all items. It works on every map, i didn't lose a single chest.

However, most of the chests are useless. Even when you get something is just a equipment or a book that will be at store 1 or 2 battles later. :(

Don't fret about the chests, you can ignore all them if you want, game is easy as pie.

Happy hunting. :dance: