Vandal Hearts: Flames of Judgment ~ Trophy Guide and Road Map

Vandal Hearts: Flames of Judgment

Roadmap

By: Kheapathic

Section 1. Overview

• Estimated Trophy Difficulty: 3.5
  • Offline Trophies: 12 (7(B) 4(S) 1(G))
  • Online Trophies: 0
  • Approximate time to 100%: 12 - 20 hours.
  • Minimum Number of Playthroughs Needed: 1.5
  • Number of Missable Trophies: 1 - Wanderlust (G)
  • Glitched Trophies: None
  • Does difficulty affect trophies: No
  • Do cheat codes disable trophies: None

Section 2. Introduction

Vandal Hearts: Flames of Judgment is a Strategy Turn Based RPG. Unlike most RPG's, there is no leveling system in place. Characters improve their skills and stats by performing actions (attacking, casting, etc). The game itself is very short (for a RPG) and very easy. The campaign lasts about 6 hours if you take your time. While most of the game is easy, the final boss fight will pose a challenge until you get a hold of the mechanics of it. Most of the trophies can be obtained as you play through the game, while only a few require a bit of effort.

Section 3. Walkthrough

The way the trophies are setup would have you thinking you need to play through the entire game twice, but that isn't the case. If you choose the right choices and save at the proper location you'll only need to do a small portion of a second playthrough. All the pertinent information for getting a 1+ playthrough is under the Serenity and Fury trophy.

Section 3.1.0 - First Playthrough

Start the game and as you play the game you'll manage most of the trophies. As you progress through the campaign; alternate your decisions between the two girls (Luce and Altyria) and be sure you find all extra battlegrounds and complete them before you leave Port of Chai-Haim. Before you go further, you should work on any non-story related trophies you don't have. The last optional battleground cannot be accessed until you leave Chai-Haim but make an alternate save before you leave Chai-Haim.

Once you leave Chai-Haim there will only be a handful of battles left. Play through the game and keep selecting the choices of one girl and ignore the other. Once you reach the end of the game you should earn one of two possible ending trophies; it depends which girl has had more favorable choices.

Trophies Earned

(B) Treasure Hunter

(B) Quick Learner

(B) Zero Casualties

(B) Explorer

(B) Revelations

(B) Sandworm Slayer

(B) Royal Defender

(S) Combat Mastery

(S) Champion of Sostegaria or Hero of Sostergaria

(G) Wanderlust (Missable)

Section 3.1.1 - Second Ending

Take notice of which ending you received and then reload your pre-Chai-Haim save. Go ahead and leave Chai-Haim again but make choices towards the other girl in your party (if you got the Altyria ending, choose Luce and vice versa). Play through the end of the game again and you should get your two final trophies.

Trophies Earned

(S) Champion of Sostegaria or Hero of Sostegaria

(S) Serenity and Fury

Section 3.2.0 - Second Playthrough

If you feel obligated to play the game again or made a mistake while attempting the 1.5 playthrough method, choose decisions that favor the other girl. If you missed out on any of the optional trophies, this is the time you should get them.

Edited by Kheapathic
Editorial Sweep

Vandal Hearts: Flames of Judgment

Trophy Guide

By: Kheapathic

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/375/01.jpgTreasure Hunter (B)

Find a hidden item on any battlefield.

On every battleground there are items in treasure chests and random containers (crates, barrels, etc). If there's an item in anything there will be yellow stars floating around the container. Loot an item from a treasure chest to earn this trophy.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/375/02.jpgQuick Learner (B)

Raise a single skill two ranks during 1 battle.

This trophy is a lot easier than it may sound. Every time a character takes an action (attack / cast) they have an opportunity to raise a skill. Keep using the same ability until it levels up twice to earn this trophy.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/375/03.jpgZero Casualties (B)

Win a battle with 6 surviving party members.

This trophy is available once you get past the storyline battle at "Ruins of Tolby." Get into a storyline or skirmish battle and win it with all 6 of your party members alive.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/375/04.jpgExplorer (B)

Discover an optional battle map.

There are a total of 8 optional battlefields in the game. To discover them you need to find a hint in a different battlefield. This trophy requires you to only find one optional battlefield.

See Wanderlust for additional details.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/375/05.jpgRevelations (B)

Finish Act I.

This trophy is storyline related and cannot be missed. Play through the game and this trophy will be rewarded after the "Fort Pelgaius" battle.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/375/06.jpgSandworm Slayer (B)

Finish Act II.

This trophy is storyline related and cannot be missed. Play through the game and this trophy will be rewarded after the "Large Cavern" battle.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/375/07.jpgRoyal Defender (B)

Finish Act III.

This trophy is storyline related and cannot be missed. Play through the game and this trophy will be rewarded after the "Biruni University" battle.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/375/08.jpgChampion of Sostegaria (S)(H)

Finish Act IV with the Altyria Ending.

To earn this trophy you must beat the game while making more decisions favoring Altyria. This trophy will be rewarded during the cinematic after the final battle.

See Serenity and Fury for additional details.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/375/09.jpgHero of Sostegaria (S)(H)

Finish Act IV with the Luce Ending.

To earn this trophy you must beat the game while making more decisions favoring Luce. This trophy will be rewarded during the cinematic after the final battle.

See Serenity and Fury for additional details.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/375/10.jpgCombat Mastery (S)

Raise a combat skill to rank 40.

Every character has the same combat skills, but each skill starts at a different level on different characters. "Critical" is the easiest skill to level and Connor starts with the highest "Critical" rank. To level it up just have Connor attack over and over again. You will earn this trophy once any combat skill reaches level 40.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/375/11.jpgSerenity and Fury (S)

Earn both endings to the game.

To earn this trophy you need to beat the game twice; getting the Altyria and Luce endings. What ending you get is based on your decisions you make during the storyline (when it asks you to agree/talk with Luce/Altyria). There are two ways to go about this, the first way is to beat the game twice; choosing to favor one girl with every decision. Or you can alternate your decisions up until you reach "Port Chai-Haim." Make an alternate save once you reach the port, continue on with the game but make every decision towards one girl. Once you beat the game and earn the ending trophy, reload your Port Chai-Haim save and then beat the game while choosing the other girl.

[spoiler=1]

Choice #1 "What should we do?"

1. Calvin, tell her to stay here (Luce)

2. No. She's coming with us. (Altyria)

Choice #2 "Altyria, a spy?"

1. I'm so sorry, Altyria (Altyria)

2. Luce, why would he do this? (Luce)

Choice #3 "Just a bunch of crazy old ramblings?"

1. Yeah, just ignore it. (Luce)

2. Maybe not... (Altyria)

Choice #4 "Do you want to fight General Daldren Gray?"

1. Luce and Gren need our help. (Luce)

2. We've done our part. (Altyria)

Choice #5 "What are we going to do about Daldren?"

1. We can still stop him (Altyria)

2. Hang on. Let me talk to Luce. (Luce)

Choice #6 "Who should I talk to?"

1. Talk to Luce. (Luce)

2. Talk to Altyria. (Altyria)

Choice #7 "So much death."

1. It's all right, Altyria. We're here to stop this. (Altyria)

2. You heard the Captain. Let's go to work! (Luce)

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/375/12.jpgWanderlust (G)

Discover every battle map.

(Missable) There are a total of 8 optional battlefields in the game. To discover them you need to find a hint in a different battlefield. For this trophy you need to discover and complete a fight in every optional battlefield. Each searchable area that hints to the optional battleground has a yellow shimmer around it like item containers. If you missed the hint during a storyline battle you can come back and get the hint during a skirmish. This trophy will pop once you complete the "Battle of Thane," but only if you've found and completed a fight in every optional battlefield.

[spoiler=2]

The "Research Facility" battle is the point of no return. If you go to that battle without completing a battle in every optional area you will miss out on this trophy.

1. Four Swordsmen Spring - Battlefield: Dry River Bed

Search the giant hole in the tree that's up on the hill.

2. Ragnar's Gorge - Battlefield: Ruins of Tolby

Search the small crate near a house that's up on the hill.

3. Trivishim's Corridor - Battlefield: Dread Caves

Use the switch that doesn't allow you to escape the fight.

4. Keliask's Tomb - Battlefield: Ancient Ruins

Search a tablet on the ground that's in the middle of the area.

5. Halls of Atonement - Battlefield: Royal Courtyard

Search the King's throne in the back of the area.

6. Foreign Quarter - Battlefield: Biruni University

Search a barrel to your immediate left (in the storyline battle).

Note: If you come back in a skirmish, it's the barrel between a house and the edge of the map.

7. Avery Fields - Battlefield: Church of Restoration

Search the well at the top of the hill.

Note: The Church of Restoration becomes a battlefield in Act III.

8. Gillbaris Gardens - Battlefield: Tiamon Vale

Search skeletal remains on the far side of the tree in the middle of the area.

Note: Gillbaris Gardens can only be accessed after leaving Port Chai-Haim.

Edited by Kheapathic
Editorial Sweep

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I don't know if anyone is still browsing this thread, but I just thought I'd add something. Last night I finished the game using this guide and I noticed something. I discovered the location for Gillbaris Gardens, but forgot to visit it and complete a fight before entering the last area. Thinking that I should play through the last part of the game again anyways for the second ending, I just moved on. And the Wanderlust trophy popped anyways. So, mabye this trophy is just for finding all the maps, not necessarily playing them. Or it was some kind of bug. Either way, just thought I'd post it here :)

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I got a tip on getting combat mastery trophy faster then attacking with Connor. Every time you critical, the critical skill goes up a little bit. While attacking over and other with Connor is one method, a much faster method is getting your team close together and casting healing rain. You almost always critical at least once and have the opportunity to get a critical heal six times in one turn. If that happens, your critical skill will jump 1-2 levels in a turn. I hope this helps save you sometime.

• 1 year later...

Thanks Kheapathic for the guide :applause:

I need to do 2 walk through for my 100% did not get Wanderlust (G) during my first just played the game for fun n I have to say I did enjoy this game just like vandal hearts 1 but it is way shorter n no promotion rank but it is still a good VH game.

Follow Kheapathic guide n got my missing optional map n luckily u need 2 walk through to get the other ending

• 2 years later...