Rate the trophy difficulty...  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty...

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_plat_6.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 6.07

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by Xander45

i voted 8 because i think there is a degree of cheating by the computer controlled players.(although keep at it and eventually it will let you win as long as you hit near perfect in every event)

no matter what the event is you can be leading with 2 or 3 seconds right upto the last time check about 1 or 2 bends from the end and all of a sudden even if you race perfect you just lost that gap and now 2nd and i'm talking the previous time check was 5-10seconds before the finish line and 99% of the time cpu always just beats you and you never see it race.

same for ski jumps you jump 150 meters the cpu jump 150.5 again 99% of the time and again you must take their word for it as you never see the cpu do its jump.

challenges are easy as long as near perfect run at least no cheating cpu.

well considering the ai cheats in every event and challenge were it always 99% of the time just pips you to gold even though it never shows you any proof.

for example you jump 150meters in the ski jump which should normaly on pervious attempts should win and beat the cpu ai hands down only to find about 1 second later the cpu claims to have now jumped 150.1 meters now it won't always do this but 99% of the time it will.

you need perfect events every time you compete and hope this is the 1% the cpu ai will let you win.

anybody tells you different are liars ive been to other boards on the net because this one was dead and all claim the same yet only here do a couple claim piss easy (scratch their heads from here)

i have been up to 10 seconds ahead in downhill and other timed events with about a bend or 2 to go and funny how i have managed to beat any previous time the cpu has ever pruduced by 2-3 seconds maybe more and the cheating ai always just seems to steal it from you and again you will never see it do a single event.

DON'T GET ME WRONG YOU CAN AND WILL PLAT THE GAME BUT YOU WILL NEED THE PATIENCE OF A SAINT TO DO SO AND A LOT OF FREE TIME THAT'S IF YOU DON'T DO WHAT A LOT OF PEOPLE ARE DOING AND SAY FUCK IT IT'S NOT WORTH THE HASSLE.

Man that is really misleading...... There is no way this game is anymore than a 4. Im assuming for the timed downhill events you are doing it wrong...1st off you never use the sharp turn unless really needed, 2nd you need to turn as slowly as possible anyway and pay attention to the hill and how it goes flat in areas, doing those things you maintain a higher constant speed and it was easy to beat the cpu. Anyway backing up my original post, and for me any game that takes less than 12hrs to plat gets no more than a 3/10

• 2 weeks later...

I voted a 3. The key is patience & too expect too fail a few times before you do it. Oh & the tutorials are a big help I found.

& for the person that wanted a comparison to another title, the best I can think of is that its in the same league as Eyepet for trial & error until you do it, but alot less grinding involved.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is not a hard game to Plat. Maybe 12-16 hours depending on your skill level.

Hand conditioning may play a factor near the end as there is a degree of button mashing in nearly every event (they call it 'starting power'). If you get stuck on one or a few of them as I did, your right hand may take a beating (insert joke here).

As for A.I. cheating....it's not cheating. They post nearly identical scores every time. For example, the last Gold medal trophy I needed was women's Slalom. It takes 2 perfect runs and I was having trouble being that consistent. The cpu always had someone under 1 min after the 1st run and at the 2 min mark after 2 runs. All you have to do is aim for under 2 mins and you got it. Easy. It's just simple practice. The challenges are the ones you can get pissed off at, not the Gold medal events.

I say screw Lap it up & No Touch. Those are awful. I got lap it up after tons of tries & ONLY after switching to 1st person view. But I still can't get No Touch.

And here's yet another game with a pointless '4 controllers' trophy. Honestly, is Sony requiring these trophies so people have to go out and buy more controllers?

In the end, I give it a 6. It can be a quick plat, but will take practice since every event has different controls or strategies.

• 3 weeks later...

I gave this a 3.

I plat'd it in 5 hours, front to back. Lap it up is definitely the ballbuster, took me about 40 minutes. I'd recommend not using 1st person view, and just focus on cutting the corners insanely close. The time i beat it I passed the person with a whole lap to go(and it wasn't my best run i felt, there may be some luck involved).

The other one that bothered me was the womens skateboard tokens one, i thought it was much more annoying that the Do Not Touch. DNT is pretty easy, just go full speed, and there will only be 2 corners will you will ever touch. They're both coming off turns where you hug the right wall, just hold right on the joystick to avoid the wall.

Hope that was helpful