The Official Trophy Encyclopedia

Baqsam

The Official Trophy Encyclopedia

Boosting

Earning trophies through the agreement of a group of players to do things such as letting each other win online matches

Bronze trophy

The lowest trophy on the scale of bronze, silver, gold, and platinum

Cheat

A code that can either unlock a new feature in a game or minimize the effort needed to unlock a preexisting feature

Collectibles

Items to be collected

DLC

Downloadable content

Glitched trophy

A trophy that tends to not always unlock when its requirements are met

Gold trophy

The second highest trophy on the scale of bronze, silver, gold, and platinum

Grinding

Repeating an activity in order to meet number requirements for either trophies directly or things that lead to earning trophies

Hacking

Manipulating save data in some penetrable games in order to force trophies to unlock without earning them legitimately

Hidden trophy

A trophy that the developers chose to hide the name and description of until unlocked

Missable trophy

A trophy that can only be obtained at a specific time or at specific times in a game

Peripherals

Equipment besides a regular controller

Platinum trophy

The highest trophy on the scale of bronze, silver, gold, and platinum that is obtained after clearing all other trophies in a game

Roadmap

An outline of important things in a game such as the difficulty, number of offline and online trophies, time needed, number of playthroughs needed, number of glitched trophies, whether or not cheats disable trophies, and the order in which a game's parts are optimally approached

Silver trophy

The third highest trophy on the scale of bronze, silver, gold, and platinum

Spoilers

Details that could potentially reveal plot elements prematurely

Stackable game

A game that has different trophy packs for its different regional versions

Stackable trophy

A trophy that unlocks another trophy or other trophies with it

Story-related trophy

A trophy that comes with the progression of the storyline

Sync

To access the trophy collection from the system in order to upload newly earned trophies to the server

Trophy

A virtual reward in the PlayStation Network that is achieved by completing desginated tasks

Trophy level

A level calculated by the amount of trophies and their types earned

Unachievable trophy

A trophy that is impossible to achieve, usually an online trophy in a game with closed servers

Vita

Sony's handheld console that has trophy support

Edited by Baqsam

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting idea. But you may want to remove the numbers and place the segments in alphabetical order. It is how 'dictionaries' are ordered and will help if the definitions begin to pile up.

Agreed.

I think this is a good idea as well. Not until recently did I know what farming meant as well as stacking trophies. Could help some of the newbs.

[Edit] Just saw farming is not in there. I suggest adding that in there as that is a common term on the site.

Stackable Trophies: Usually pertaining to difficulty (easy, medium, hard, etc) trophies; when multiple trophies can be unlocked if the trophy with the hardest requirements is unlocked.

Example: In Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, beating the game on hard unlocks the trophies for beating the game on hard, medium, and easy.

Secret Trophy: A trophy that neither the trophy value or description can be seen until obtained.

Example: (H)

H4H (Heart for Heart): A term used when talking about hearting someone or someone's level in LittleBigPlanet and expecting a heart in return. There is a thread specifically for this.

Example: I want the Create trophy so I will sign up for the H4H thread.

Time to Platinum: The average time it takes to platinum a particular game. It may vary depending on skill level.

Example: It take less then 10 hours to platinum Terminator Salvation, but 100+ hours to platinum Dragon Age Origins.

Platinum Difficulty Rating: The average difficulty of the platinum out of 10. It may vary depending on skill level.

Example: Terminator Salvation is rated 1 or 2, but Fight Night Round 4 is rated 9 or 10

The last two are pretty straight forward but it's an encyclopedia and I said hey, why not.

Edited by kiateyn

Interesting idea. But you may want to remove the numbers and place the segments in alphabetical order. It is how 'dictionaries' are ordered and will help if the definitions begin to pile up.

Thanks for the pointer. I don't know how I missed that. :(

I got on it right away and it's fixed now. :dance:

Agreed.

I think this is a good idea as well. Not until recently did I know what farming meant as well as stacking trophies. Could help some of the newbs.

[Edit] Just saw farming is not in there. I suggest adding that in there as that is a common term on the site.

Sure, but I would appreciate it if you could include a definition and example for that one because I'm not really sure of its meaning.

Grinding is usually related to levels and farming is usually related to items, if you were to edit the dictionary like jmowen suggested.

Thanks for clearing it up

Do you mind providing definitions for both? It seems like you got it sorted out. :)

kira;837851']Good idea' date=' but I'm sure you got ALOT more to put in there. Also, wouldn't this be more suitable in General PS3 Discussion?[/quote']

Would it be? I will see about it.

I made the thread in this section because the description said that it's for lists and things like that. Is it possible to move the thread to another section?

Stackable Trophies: Usually pertaining to difficulty (easy, medium, hard, etc) trophies; when multiple trophies can be unlocked if the trophy with the hardest requirements is unlocked.

Example: In Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, beating the game on hard unlocks the trophies for beating the game on hard, medium, and easy.

Secret Trophy: A trophy that neither the trophy value or description can be seen until obtained.

Example: (H)

H4H (Heart for Heart): A term used when talking about hearting someone or someone's level in LittleBigPlanet and expecting a heart in return. There is a thread specifically for this.

Example: I want the Create trophy so I will sign up for the H4H thread.

Time to Platinum: The average time it takes to platinum a particular game. It may vary depending on skill level.

Example: It take less then 10 hours to platinum Terminator Salvation, but 100+ hours to platinum Dragon Age Origins.

Platinum Difficulty Rating: The average difficulty of the platinum out of 10. It may vary depending on skill level.

Example: Terminator Salvation is rated 1 or 2, but Fight Night Round 4 is rated 9 or 10

The last two are pretty straight forward but it's an encyclopedia and I said hey, why not.

DLC (Downloadable Content): Bought on PSN Store and may or may not have trophies associated with it. If it does have trophies, it is not required to achieve the platinum.

Example: I have the Dark Void platinum trophy, but I haven't bought any DLC from the PSN Store.

Thank you a lot for your great contributions

Added!

I hope you don't mind that I removed the capital letters from the words after the first word, italicized game-names, and removed the extra blank-lines. I did that to make things more consistent with the words that I posted before. I can change it right back to how you wrote it if you would like that.

It's kind of funny that you called it an encyclopedia. I was actually debating with myself whether to name it a dictionary or an encyclopedia. I don't think I can change the thread title in the original forum-list anyway. :p

Edited by Baqsam

I would just like to ask everybody if I should add different colors or make certain words or lines bold/italicized/underlined to make things look less cluttered and more organized?

Also, should I remove the links that are in the definitions to make things look more 'uniform' or are they actually helpful?

thanks for adding those, as for formatting, the blue stands out a lot compared tp everything else. I like the links but maybe make it less bright if that makes sense. I think the user should be drawn to the term itself.

edit: i'll be back with more terms tomorrow night, just thinking of them all now and at work xD

Edited by kiateyn

thanks for adding those, as for formatting, the blue stands out a lot compared tp everything else. I like the links but maybe make it less bright if that makes sense. I think the user should be drawn to the term itself.

edit: i'll be back with more terms tomorrow night, just thinking of them all now and at work xD

Thanks for your tip

I made it so that the links are only underlined and not colored blue. I will be looking forward to see your terms. :)

Cheat Codes: A key that unlocks a certain aspect in the game. May can disable trophies (like Wolverine) or may can't disable trophies (like SEGA Mega Drive Ultimate Collection).

Example: The easy way to do the Hardly a Hero trophy on SEGA Mega Drive Ultimate Collection is pressing the follow combination: 3, 12, 17, 2, 2, 10, 2, 7, 7, 11

Maybe the 'Hacking' definition should be edited by adding that it's not allowed here at ps3t.org and it's usually looked down on because the player has not earnt the trophies.

I appreciate the pointer. I changed it now.

Cheat Codes: A key that unlocks a certain aspect in the game. May can disable trophies (like Wolverine) or may can't disable trophies (like SEGA Mega Drive Ultimate Collection).

Example: The easy way to do the Hardly a Hero trophy on SEGA Mega Drive Ultimate Collection is pressing the follow combination: 3, 12, 17, 2, 2, 10, 2, 7, 7, 11

Added

Again, I removed the capital letters from the words after the first word, italicized game-names, and removed the extra blank-lines to make things more consistent with the words that I posted before.

Edited by Baqsam

Exclusive: A game or feature that is only available on that console.

Example: Uncharted, Heavy Rain and God of War 3 are PS3 Exclusive Games. Being able to play as Joker during the Challenge Maps on Batman: Arkham Asylum is Exclusive Content.

EDIT: Ok, so its no so much a trophy thing... but trophies are exclusive ;)

Edited by Slamma