[Results!] ShareFactory Memories of the Month #12 (Falling)

Noid

The time has come make your choice  

15 members have voted

1. 1. The time has come make your choice

http://i.imgur.com/ckQnZjq.png

Voting will end on: Monday May 30th, at 11:59:59 GMT.

Theme: Falling

Restriction(s): 2 minutes or less

Spoilers: N/A

Voting:

Voting is to be done via poll! Select the number for the entry you like in the poll at the top of the page!

The poll will be public, so the usual rules regarding voting for yourself still apply!

Use this thread to discuss the entries, and the poll to vote!

Results:

1. Dipsy - 10 (G)
  2. Blaze Naruto Shippuden - 0
  3. prozendaal - 4 (S)
  4. mjc0961 - 1 (B)

1: Dipsy - 10

[ame]

[/ame]

2: Blaze Naruto Shippuden - 0

[ame]

[/ame]

3: prozendaal - 4

[ame]

[/ame]

4: mjc0961 - 1

[ame]

[/ame]

This time around one of our entrants felt so stoked for making videos that they made TWO! This one's not for voting on, but take a look and enjoy just cuz!

[ame]

[/ame]

Edited by Noid

Great compilation on #1! I am bummed I didn't think of half of those games and make my own for this.

Bummed no one used the comment BJ Blaskowitz makes when you fall off the bridge in Wolfenstein: New Order would have been a nice cap. Nonetheless, excellent entries this month!

Voted for #1, liked the compilation.

#2 would have been more suited for FAILING instead of FALLING... and that annoying background laughter :dull:

#3 was a decent compilation as well, but I liked #1's slightly better (I think it was the music)

#4 showed an interesting take on falling as Nate completely fell off the map, but I feel glitch was more of the focal point than the falling.

Thanks for submitting the entries everyone, I always enjoy watching them!

I'm honestly disappointed how many of these are just cutscenes or scripted sequences. If you played the games featured in 1, 3, and the bonus video we can't vote on, then you've already seen those submissions. Especially the bonus; thanks to whoever submitted that, because I somehow missed it during every playthrough I put in of Ratchet and Clank to get the plat, so it was nice to finally see it. :rolleyes:

As an example, 1 opens with the part of that "Michael takes bad weed" mission where he's falling and seeing rainbow colors. Cool? I already saw that when I played GTA V. Everybody saw that when they played GTA V. If you had GTA V, why didn't you grab a jet and fly really high and then jump out, or jump off a mountain or tall building? Grab a bike and slam full speed into a short wall at the end of a cliff so the character gets launched off down the cliff? Do something unscripted and cool. Even something as simple as this would have been more interesting to me than a scripted scene I saw when playing the game myself:

Although that said, I have to agree with Slamma about 2 and 4. 2 is failing rather than falling and when the creator of the video is revealed I'm going to slap them for that obnoxious laugh track, and 4 would fit better if the theme was glitches. Maybe if Nate had fallen through the world more efficiently, or there was better editing to remove/speed up some of the not falling bits, it would have worked better.

So I'm kinda stuck between two videos I equally dislike. I've decided to go with 3 by default because of this:

Restrictions:

• Under 2 minutes

1 is exactly 2 minutes which exceeds the restriction, while 3 minded the under 2 minute restriction. So even though Noid allowed 1 (and 2) regardless of not fulfilling the restriction, and even though it's only 1 second, I'm using this as a tiebreaker. :p

Unless Noid changes the poll so I can vote for my RDR fall from 6 years ago. :p ...Wait, 6 years ago? Fuck I feel old now :(

Edited by mjc0961

I'm not overly concerned about a few seconds here or there on the time rule, as ShareFactory likes to randomly add a second here or there.

I know. I wasn't trying to grief you for accepting it, I was just using it as a way to pick a winner between two videos I didn't much care for. :p

YouTube also likes to mess with the length. The run time on all of these videos drops by one second after the video starts playing. :francis:

I know. I wasn't trying to grief you for accepting it, I was just using it as a way to pick a winner between two videos I didn't much care for. :p

YouTube also likes to mess with the length. The run time on all of these videos drops by one second after the video starts playing. :francis:

Yeah I gotcha. Just wanted to clarify so everyone knows my stance on it.

Hopefully next month people will make some more mjc friendly entries eh?

The theme is FAIL, so I'm sure that won't be a problem. :p

My vote goes to #1 :).

My thoughts seeing the videos for the first time:

#1: *looks at the gta beginning falling scene with the mellow music* "Whoa, was this guy on acid when he made this o.0?"

#2: *looks at the video while hearing the constant laughter* "Whoa, was this guy actually on acid when he made this o.0?"

#3: meh.

#1: *looks at the gta beginning falling scene with the mellow music* "Whoa, was this guy on acid when he made this o.0?"

#2: *looks at the video while hearing the constant laughter* "Whoa, was this guy actually on acid when he made this o.0?"

No thoughts at all on #4 eh? :confused:

Looks like #2 should have waited a month :p

Also I call dibs on doing a video of The Order 1886 gameplay for the FAIL theme. :whistle:

Nah, I don't think Rockstar was on acid when they made that.

Yes, Rockstar literally made that, music and all.

[spoiler=thisisntreallyaspoilerbutsomepeoplearecrybabies]

I'm honestly disappointed how many of these are just cutscenes or scripted sequences. If you played the games featured in 1, 3, and the bonus video we can't vote on, then you've already seen those submissions. Especially the bonus; thanks to whoever submitted that, because I somehow missed it during every playthrough I put in of Ratchet and Clank to get the plat, so it was nice to finally see it. :rolleyes:

As an example, 1 opens with the part of that "Michael takes bad weed" mission where he's falling and seeing rainbow colors. Cool? I already saw that when I played GTA V. Everybody saw that when they played GTA V. If you had GTA V, why didn't you grab a jet and fly really high and then jump out, or jump off a mountain or tall building? Grab a bike and slam full speed into a short wall at the end of a cliff so the character gets launched off down the cliff? Do something unscripted and cool. Even something as simple as this would have been more interesting to me than a scripted scene I saw when playing the game myself:

Although that said, I have to agree with Slamma about 2 and 4. 2 is failing rather than falling and when the creator of the video is revealed I'm going to slap them for that obnoxious laugh track, and 4 would fit better if the theme was glitches. Maybe if Nate had fallen through the world more efficiently, or there was better editing to remove/speed up some of the not falling bits, it would have worked better.

Honestly, they should call you mjseagull. Like a proper seagull, all you do is you come in, make a lot of noise, shit on everything and then leave again.

Your post was nothing but shitposting negativity.

You do this everywhere on the forum, and that post was the straw that broke the camel's back and made me tell you what I think.

All you did was shit all over everyone's entries. Did you put up something? (You probably didn't; you haven't put up a single entry in the entirety of this competition so far, nor do you submit things for the other regular UGC events.) Instead of going in and ranting about how much you don't like shit, why don't you either take it somewhere else or enter yourself and try make something that you think others will like?

People put lots of thought and effort into thinking up and executing these videos. And there you are –sitting behind your computer like some typical keyboard warrior– typing out some overly long-winded rant about how much of a shit state things are in. Blah blah blah, some more negative shit delivered to you classic mjseagull style.

For fuck's sake man, someone even went to the effort of putting in TWO entries into this competition because they had that much inspiration and appreciation for it. And you absolutely went to town on it.

You don't have to stop by this thread nor do you have to vote. You don't have to share your opinion on everything; it's often as pessimistic as it is unsolicited.

What have you done for this competition? Nothing but a whole bunch of negativity from what I've seen. Start contributing and making SFMotM (and PST in general) better from the ground up. Offer what you liked about things and how they could improve rather than by bitching about everything, taking a dump on it and then further bitching that it smells like shit because it's just been shat on, by you.

So I'm kinda stuck between two videos I equally dislike.

If I were the creator of that video you voted for (#3), I sure as hell wouldn't want your pity vote on a technicality.

Have you watched Bambi? You should.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I71cY9Ysy5U[/ame]

Edited by prozendaal

Finally a month I can compete. All I ever do is fail, fail, fail, no matter what...

Now I just need to record it :D

Congrats again Dipsy. That video was some great video editing.

Learned a few things from this month though. I did used the wrong video. I had 3 different videos I could have used and I do agree, that mines was more suited for failing. This is more of a learning experience really. The more you participate in the competition the more you gain from it and it's really great to see the feedback so you know what to improve on next time.

And mjc0961 can't slap me because you entered too and your video was "glitches theme" bro. :whistle: