ShareFactory Memories of the Month #6

Noid

http://i.imgur.com/hwtTOdk.jpg

Welcome to the ShareFactory Memories of the Month Competition!

This is a monthly competition to see who can make the best use of the ShareFactory app that comes with every PS4. Each month will bring with it a new theme and new rules/constraints which will put your skills to the test, both at gaming, and directing!

Entries are to be PMed to me directly, and the format will be a link to a Youtube video. Videos submitted must have "PST SFMotM" in the title (or some obvious form of the name of the competition) as well as the theme of the month (example: "PST SFMotM Arcade Month"). Your entry can have titles and whatnot within it using the tools given, but you CANNOT have your name featured within the video, to keep things anonymous.

Here's a quick overview/recap of the ground rules, before I get into the full rules list:

• Entries must be videos created using the ShareFactory app on the PS4. Any further editing in outside programs is strictly prohibited!
  • Entries must be posted to your personal Youtube account. They must be visible, so we can see and vote on them!
  • Videos entered must have the name of the competition somewhere in the title.
  • Entries are to be submitted to me via PM.
  • Videos must follow the rules of the given month. For instance, if I say "must be under 30 seconds", then any videos submitted over 30 seconds will not be accepted. I will tell you ASAP if your submission can't be accepted.
  • Please do NOT include your name anywhere in the video, to preserve anonymity.

Of course, your directorial efforts will be rewarded! The video with the most votes each month will receive a site award! Gaze upon its glory!

http://i.imgur.com/pNbZMmF.png http://i.imgur.com/spgsp99.png

This month's theme shall be...

3spoopy5me! It's Halloween and I'm a sucker for being totally unoriginal, so pull out your favorite scary game and freak us all out!

BONUS POINTS: As a special Halloween bonus, anyone who records themselves playing a scary game with a PS4 Camera while in costume will be awarded 1 free vote! (see restrictions below)

Pro-tip: If you don't have a PS4 Camera, most big box retailers (Futureshop, Best Buy, Walmart, etc.) have generous return policies. You can buy a camera and return it when you're done!

Restrictions:

• Under 5 minutes
  • The game must be one that at least tries to be scary. By this I mean that you can't play Hello Kitty Party Pals and be all like "Oooooh cats are so triggering I'm super scared OMG!".
  • If you are recording yourself for the bonus point, you must be relatively unrecognizable. You can't just put a hat on and call yourself John Cena. If one or two of your friends recognize you, it's not the end of the world, but for the sake of anonymity, please PM me if you think people might recognize you. Best case scenario, you put on a mask of some sort.
  • I just want to reiterate - PM ME IF YOU THINK PEOPLE MIGHT RECOGNIZE YOU. I'd hate for you to go to all that trouble for me to just reject it.

Requirements:

You'll need to have the following in order to participate:

Rules:

Send your submissions to Noid.

• There are no member restrictions for entering, post count or otherwise, everyone is welcome to enter and is encouraged to do so regardless of experience.
  • Video clips must be made by yourself, posted on your own Youtube channel.
  • Just to put emphasis on that last point, plagiarism will NOT be tolerated and may lead to infractions and/or a ban from the competition or site.
  • Only videos edited in ShareFactory on the PS4 will be accepted. This keeps everyone on equal footing!
  • Each month will have a unique theme that you have to try and follow when creating your video.
  • Your video entry must say "PST" and "SFMotM" somewhere in the title. Variations on "SFMotM" are fine, that's just the quickest way to say it. It simply has to be clear what it is for.
  • Videos entered MUST follow the restrictions given. If there's a minute-long restriction, anything longer will not be accepted. If the theme is "First Person Shooter", a video of a racing game will not be accepted.
  • Spoiler Warning! Videos submitted MAY contain spoilers! If you submit a video that contains spoilers, let me know in your submission, and I will then hide ALL videos submitted in spoiler tags for that month.

Submission:

• When submitting your video, include the name of the game in the clip.
  • Submitting is anonymous, and all videos will be taken from YouTube and placed onto a single YouTube account specifically made for this competition to keep that anonymity.
  • To keep the above anonymity, entries must NOT contain your username or PSN name anywhere in them.
  • If you have any questions regarding your submission feel free to pm me, if you are unsure if your entry would fit the theme for example.
  • The submission period will always be around 2 weeks, have your submission in by 11:59:59 GMT Saturday 24th October.
  • If you submit an entry but want to change it, and it's still before the deadline, you are free to do so. Just pm me your new entry saying you would rather use that one.
  • As stated above, let me know if your video contains spoilers! If a video is submitted with spoilers, then all videos in the voting thread will be placed into a spoiler tag, and I will put a disclaimer stating the game(s) that will be spoiled in the video(s).

Voting:

• Voting will be done in a separate thread that will be posted once submissions end with a list of all the entries.
  • Everyone is welcome to vote, and can vote for only 1 entry.
  • This month I'll be adopting the two votes mechanic, wherein your first vote is worth 3 points, and your second is worth 1.
  • If you entered the competition, you can still vote. If you vote for your own entry it won't be counted.
  • Voting will last for 1 week.
  • In the result of a draw after voting is over, an additional day of voting will occur between only the entries that were involved in the draw. When that happens, the videos involved will be put to 0 votes and people who have voted before are free to vote again, the one with the most votes after a day will be the winner.
  • I encourage people to advertise the competition. Feel free to have a link to the voting thread in your signature, or to ask people to have a look.
  • Further to the above, DO NOT ask people to vote for your video. You can direct people to the thread, but asking for votes will get your entry removed from the competition.

The Prize!:

• The winner will have their entry put into a Hall of Fame thread with all other SFMotM winners. View the Hall of Fame here.
  • They will also win this shiny site award!

http://i.imgur.com/pNbZMmF.png http://i.imgur.com/spgsp99.png

Sample Signup:

Theme: Schmups

Game: Jamestown

Spoilers: Yes. Video shows the fight with the last boss of the game.

• If you have a question, comment, or suggestion for a future theme, feel free to let me know! Use this thread to discuss the current theme and/or suggest future themes. Feel free to PM me as well!

5 minutes and we can still edit the videos with music etc or does it have to be the same gameplay audio?

If you can do it in ShareFactory and I have not explicitly said you can't, then you can do it. Use whatever audio you want.

The theme is hard-fast this month. It needs to be scary. Scariness is subjective, but the overall "feel" has to be at least an attempt at scary. If you put a funny soundtrack in your video, I will probably reject it.

If you get scared and scream and I laugh, that is allowed.

If you glitch out the Alien in the Alien game and put on funny music, that will be rejected.

• 2 weeks later...

I have two entries thus far.

I'm going to chalk this up to that people are probably tired from the House Championships. FYI though I am keeping track consistently of turnout, and if the numbers are consistently low, I will stop running this competition. Currently it's nowhere near that point, but I figured I'd give a heads' up.

Each of the two entrants currently have a 50% chance at a shiny new award. :think:

I haven't got around to making one because I'm kinda loving Dragon Quest Heroes (not exactly the most terrifying of games :p) and in my time around that trying to get some things for the trick or treat comp :o

I might see if I can do still do something though...

Yeah it's an understandably busy month for everyone. I'm confident it will pick up again in the lighter months. :)