Signature of the Month #39

Aeirou

http://i.imgur.com/Z3Kbf9J.png

Banner created by GlennThomas

SotM #39 is here! This month's theme is Nostalgia. Think, "Back in my day" or "When I was a kid." What was around then that isn't around now? TV shows, toys, candy, soda, popular clothes styles, movies that you saw in theaters, or maybe even the first game you played. I realize some of us are older then others, so you have a wide range of how you can go about this.

The deadline is 11:59:59 GMT Sunday 19th July.

Important Note: Send your submissions to Aeirou. See the full rules below:

1 - Rules:

• There are no member restrictions for entering, post count or otherwise, everyone is welcome to enter and is encouraged to do so regardless of experience.
  • Your signature must be created by you and be new work, made for the SotM.
  • Just to put emphasis on that last point, plagiarism will NOT be tolerated and may lead to infractions and/or a ban from the competition or site.
  • Each month will have a unique theme that you have to try and follow when creating your signature.
  • Your entry must say "PST" or "SotM", or both, somewhere in it. Also, it can't have your name on it.
  • Rough guideline for size restrictions, 500x300 for horizontal submissions & 300x500 for vertical submissions. A few pixels over the limit is acceptable.

2 - Submitting:

• When submitting your sig, you also have to include the original image that was used. A lot of different images and resources can go in to making a sig, so all that is required is the main render or focal. If you use more than one, send them all. Feel free to send any other images you think as well, that you'd want to be included. If you don't send the original(s) I can't use your entry.
  • Submitting is anonymous, so to submit your entry, pm it to me and don't post it in this thread.
  • If you have any questions regarding your submission feel free to pm me, if you are unsure if your entry would fit the theme for example.
  • The submission period will always be around 2 weeks, have your submission in by 11:59:59 GMT Sunday 19th July.
  • If you submit an entry but want to change it, and it's still before the deadline, you are free to do so. Just pm me your new entry saying you would rather use that one.
  • If you have a gallery here on the site, please don't add your SotM creation to it until after voting has ended.

3 - Voting:

• Voting will be done in a separate thread that will be posted once submissions end with a list of all the entries.
  • Everyone is welcome to vote, and can vote for only 1 entry.
  • If you entered the competition, you can still vote. If you vote for your own entry it won't be counted.
  • Voting will last for 1 week.
  • In the result of a draw after voting is over, an additional day of voting will occur between only the entries that were involved in the draw. When that happens, the sigs involved will be put to 0 votes and people who have voted before are free to vote again, the one with the most votes after a day will be the winner.

4 - The Prize!:

• The winner will have their entry put into a Hall of Fame thread with all other SotM winners. View the Hall of Fame here.
  • They will also win this shiny site award! (Designed by Kyden139):

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/images/awards/64sig.png

5 - Feedback:

• I'm always open to suggestions on how to improve SotM or for future themes that people would like to see, so if you have something then send me a pm.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I realize this is a few days earlier then these usually start, but since this event counts for the house tournaments for the next three months I want to encourage more people to join in.

If you have questions about the theme, I'll gladly answer them. I look forward to seeing what you all come up with. :)

I can't speak for everyone, but Final Fantasy just reminds me of when I was like.. 12ish. There's far cooler things that were around when I was a kid.. That 70s Show on all the time. Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, Surge soda, the legit non-creepy ice cream trucks, street sharks, captain planet, bill nye the science guy. lol You could do a lot with this theme, I think.

Are you guys ready for the flood of crappy entries from people trying to delude themselves into thinking they can win the points for their house?

I hope so because I'm definitely going to submit something crappy that will look even more like shit compared to all the people who actually know what they're doing! :rofl:

Are you guys ready for the flood of crappy entries from people trying to delude themselves into thinking they can win the points for their house?

I hope so because I'm definitely going to submit something crappy that will look even more like shit compared to all the people who actually know what they're doing! :rofl:

Yeah, but hopefully it'll get people more interested in participating even after the House Championships. Then every month could be full of cool entries :)

Bust out your paint program and draw the spice girls or something.

I could only fit one, hope it's still worth 150 points:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v611/mjc0961/150pointsplease_zpsb2zblk5o.png~original

(note this is obviously not a real submission. I do have ideas for a real submission I promise)

Yall are all making me feel REAL old... Cuz I'm all over here like.... Tom and Jerry, Thundercats and He-man and yall are all Pokemon... :o

Not trying to make you feel even older but they have rebooted good ol' Thunder Cats.

Yup, now todays generation can relive the magic of Thunder... Thunder.. Thunder! Thunder Cats HOOOOOOOOOO!

http://i.imgur.com/0vM8F5K.jpg?1

Edited by Dipsy