Virtue's Member Interviews

http://i.imgur.com/QWtwpiR.jpg

Welcome to Virtue's Member Interviews, where we here on PlaystationTrophies.org can get to know each other better through a series of detailed questions and answers. Some of these interviews are requested by me and some are requested by the interviewee.

Must have at least 500 posts to be accepted for an interview.

Accepted Interviews:

Aeirou, AlphaCookie, Arrow, CookieOnFire, DaFaztFingaz, darth_Krid P1, Darth_Krid P2, DarkStar83x, dz06lt, Eric-B14, ggamer15, iamQmai, Jake_357 P1, Jake_357 P2, Janne-da-arc24, Kairi x360a, kfree7, Labartu, MetDevil P1, MetDevil P2, MsFuruba, Mullinavat, Multitasking, Ninja95, NobodyGrotesque, Noid, PsychoDelusion, RomanClaret, Ryukori, Seeeya, Terminator, The-123-GAMER, Threnzy, TheViper4Life, Wdog-999, x410xDragon, Xander45

Rejected Interviews:

Mjc0961, Vyrastas

Edited by BrokenLegacy--

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eric-B14

Tell us a little about yourself.

My name is Eric as I'm sure most of you know. When I'm not playing vidya games I'm usually at work where I am a pharmacy technician.

My name on here is actually one that I've used on many websites and I believe I first used it back on Neoseeker way back when I was 14. I've since switched to using just EricB or EricBwn or other variations on my real name.

What keeps you coming back to PlaystationTrophies.org?

I love the people on this site, without them I would never have used the forums. I have made so many awesome friends through this site that it would take a paragraph or two to list them all. I also really enjoy competing in THL, I've participated in all 6 and will be back for the 7th.

The trophy guides are another great part of this website. We have so many talented writers that just make their guides perfect and it helps so much.

Which three games would you have buried with you in your coffin. In other words, which are your three favorite games and why?

I'm don't plan on dying.

My three favorite games of all time are probably:

Kingdom Hearts 2

Skyrim

Luigi's Mansion

I have put more time into these games than any others. These games kept me interested enough to try and find every secret in the game or see everything I could possibly see and I really felt like I got my moneys worth out of them. I have such fond memories of these games and still play them quite frequently.

Which is your favorite gaming system and why?

I would have to say the PS2 because it was the first console I played when I started getting serious about gaming. Sure the PS1 and N64 were great but there was just something different about the PS2 for me. It also has the Kingdom Hearts series on it which is my favorite game series of all time.

Which trophy is your favorite and why?

This is a tough question for sure, if you are really going to make me pick I guess I would have to say "KINGDOM HEARTS Master" which is the platinum from Kingdom Hearts 1. I chose that one because as I have stated earlier I love the KH series and after years of waiting it was so cool to be able to play these great games again on the PS3.

Of games not released, which ones are you most looking forward to most and why?

Either Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 Remix or that Shadow of Mordor game. I know KH will be awesome but its Shadow of Mordor that I'm interested in since I'm a big fan of the Lord of the Rings series and from what little I have seen of this game it looks really awesome.

If you only had one day to live, what would you do with the last 24 hours of your life?

I would most likely spend it with my family and maybe play one of my favorite games for a bit. I'd also send a message to all my friends on here and on PSN telling them how special they are to me.

Give a shout out to one other member on the site. One who has been particularly helpful or who you are close to. Why did you choose this person?

I'm guessing I can't give a shout out to myself? Well if it can't be me then there's so many I could give a shout out to but I'll give it to x410xDragon since he has became a really good friend of mine in short time we've known each other, it was so nice to finally have a friend on here to discuss Kingdom Hearts with since most of my other friends don't even play it. He also entertains me with his gifs and seems like a really cool dude.

#Bromance

Anything Else you would like the community to know?

I just want this community to know that they are one of the best on all the internet and that I have love each and every one of them!

Also I'm Batman.

Edited by ShadowAFC

ggamer15

Oh boy tough questions already. Well I'm a 19 year old dude, who lives pretty much in the middle of nowhere or so I'm told. I'm currently in school for engineering/drafting and spend most of my free time gaming. I'm rather introverted in real life, but enjoy talking to and helping people out online or on the forums. I've always been a Playstation guy, and have owned almost every retail release version of the Playstation home consoles. I'm not a fanboy I swear.

Probably just the general vibe and the people here. I lurked the guides for a many years before I actually decided to sign up. I still don't remember the actual reason that I did though. Could have been somewhat to do with me coming off a basically 6 months Garry's Mod binge where that was almost all I played (resulting in a large number of incomplete PS3 games). I helped run two servers/forums and with both of those being basically done I needed another forum to participate in. I enjoy basically reading anything on here and participating in everything, and I enjoy writing guides a lot more than I thought I would when I started writing them.

Which three games would you have buried with you in your coffin. In other words, which are your three favorite games and why?

That's a tough one. If I only had to choose three I would probably go with the original three Spyro games. Spyro Two is actually the first video game I ever remember playing, and I've played all three games and 100%ed them more times than any other game or series. I do it almost annually now because I love them so much. If they ever released a remade version of the first three with trophies I would probably die from excitement.

I don't really have a set favorite, as it will always just be the one I currently play the most games on. Right now it's probably still the PS3, but the PS4 is slowly creeping up to occupy that spot. I still have every game console I've ever owned, so it isn't like I got rid of any because I didn't like them.

Which trophy is your favorite and why?

Now this might actually be something I can't decide on. I'm think I'm still going to go with the Resistance 2 platinum though. That's still probably one of my favorite PS3 games, and I ended up doing the entire thing legitimately without following a guide and without boosting any of the online. Took me probably three months of playing it and and randomly deciding to play it again after my first PS3 died before I actually got the platinum. Still one of my proudest achievements.

On PS3 probably either KH2.5 or Persona 3. I haven't played another rpg more than I played Kingdom Hearts 2, so I'm extremely excited to be able to play it again with trophies and in a "complete" form. Persona 5 because I love the style of the Persona world and games and am really excited to see what they do with the next one.

On PS4 I would probably say The Order or the Ratchet & Clank remake that is apparently being released. The Order because it looks to be shaping up really well and I'm excited to see what Ready at Dawn does with a full console game, and Ratchet and Clank because it's Ratchet and Clank.

If you only had one day to live, what would you do with the last 24 hours of your life?

Assuming I'm still able bodied that entire time, I would probably spend that entire time period driving around and listening to music. That would be the only thing keeping me from going insane during that time period if I knew that I were going to die, because music has probably been the most defining thing about me through my life other than gaming, and has helped me through a lot.

Give a shout out to one other member on the site. One who has been particularly helpful or who you are close to. Why did you choose this person?

Well, I don't know if I can actually pick one person, or want to name people in fear of leaving someone out who I would feel bad about later. I'd probably just have to say thanks to everyone who has talked to me or helped me out through the 5 months that I've been overly active on the site. Everyone made me feel really welcome when I joined, and the people here are what make me enjoy staying and writing guides.

Sorry I post so much. I just can't help it.

Edited by ShadowAFC

Noid

My name's Douglas, and I'm a Front End Web Developer here in Toronto, Ontario, Canada (sorry), which is actually enough info about me to do a quick Google search and suddenly know everything about me. I grew up in the nearby suburbs of Oshawa, where life sucked the big one. I never really got along with my parents at all, and moved out as soon as I could. Before that, when I turned 18, I got a job as a security guard, which will always be one of the most memorable years of my life, and mostly not for good reasons lol. But enough about sucky times, eh?

I'm a total attention whore. I love video games, I love trophies, and I needed a place to have people laud over me, so I chose here.

On the grander scale though, the guides and the people. The overall quality across the site is second to none where both are concerned, and the sense of community is fantastic. More recently, I've been going to more and more game night (and even hosting them!), and it's been a TON of fun interacting with others from the site.

The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask (N64) - I could play this game over and over and never get bored. From a young age I loved going for 100% in my games, and Majora's Mask was one of the first to truly fulfill that desire in a meaningful way. Getting the Fierce Deity Mask for all my hard work was great.

Dig Dug (Atari) - One of my favorites of all time, I could play Dig Dug for days, going for a new high score.

Final Fantasy (NES) - One of the first games I owned, and THE first game I obtained for myself, I was blown away by this classic, and have played through it at least once every few months for as long as I can remember. I've literally played this game hundreds of times.

The PS4! I'm an extreme technophile, so I'm always looking to the future, and the future is NOW! ;P

I know the best games ever aren't out on the console just yet, but I see a bright future in store for the console, and am very excited to see where it takes us.

Which trophies are your favorite and why?

My favorite trophies are the ones that require skill, rather than time. I'd much rather be told I have to beat a game on extreme master mode than having to grind out 100 hours of crafting or something like that. Collectibles suck, too. I love a good challenge, and I like feeling accomplished.

Bloodborne. I don't recall the last time I was so excited for a game I knew so little about haha. The team making it is reputable, though, and it already looks fantastic. Can't wait!

I think it's a little contextual, really. If I was the only person doomed to die, and I knew it was coming, I think I'd try to cram in as many things I've never done before into a single day in some vain attempt to feel like I made the most of my time. If it were the case where like, the whole world was going to end, I would probably join the masses and jump into the giant orgy that would surely be going on.

Give a shout out to at least one other member on the site. Someone who has been particularly helpful or who you are close to. Why did you choose this person?

I'm gonna be a cliche lamewad and give my shout out to the staff. They do great work, and it can't be said enough times. They are are pillars on which this community sits, and they have the strength to hold us up.

In particular, thanks to Terminator and TheManUtdFan for always being great when it comes to my trophy guides, as well as just great guys all around. Also AlphaCookie, who's been a big help on multiple occasions, as well as recruiting me for hosting game nights, which has been an absolute blast.

And lastly, to everyone's good pal, Hloodybell. How he even exists, I'll never know, but I'm glad he does.

I'll leave you with a memorable quote: “You see, the basis of all reasoning is the mind's awareness of itself. What we think, the external objects we perceive, are all like actors that come on and off stage. But our consciousness, the stage itself, is always present to us.”

Edited by BrokenLegacy--

TheViper4Life

Tell us a little about yourself

Well my real name is Chris, I'm 28 years old and live in Portsmouth, Virginia. Been a gamer since I was about 4-5 years old, started my heavy gaming addiction back on the original NES. I've had a pretty rough adulthood so far, I've made some really poor choices in the past that I just haven't come close to recovering from now. Such as I've been to jail twice, once for possession of Marijuana, did 60 days for it...55 days of that was just waiting for court, that was in 2008.

The other was in 2011, I did 5 months in a little dinky jail in Pennsylvania for something I did way back in 2006. I never knew I had that warrant out for me. I'd rather not discuss the crime though, as it just garners a lot of negative judgment on my part, and people just never want to listen to what ACTUALLY happened. But just know the crime sounds worse than what actually took place.

But because of this, it's really kicked me in the ass. I've been out of work for nearly 6 years, and it's mainly because no employer wants to give me a chance once they see my shoddy criminal record. I've had a few odd jobs working with friends here and there...but nothing stable in the last 6 years and it's just getting ridiculous. I've garnered a war against job applications lol.

Because of this I live with my parents again (I said again because I have been on my own before), I don't have a car because I can't afford one, and I've been single for quite some time because I really have nothing to offer at this time (no sense kidding myself). All my friends are off working and having a life with their families and marriage and what not, so I do cherish the time I get to spend with them these days...so gaming has been about the only thing keeping me sane at this point. If it wasn't for gaming I don't know what I'd do.

The community first and foremost. It's so active and friendly (most people). There's almost always something to talk about. There's another forum I frequent that I've been on for 10 years but it's been on a slippery sloap for the last 3 or so...so it's nice to have a community where I can actually discuss things and get things off my mind.

Secondly, being a trophy hunter...there's seriously no better place on the face of the internet to get your trophy information from. It's just simple fact. The guys who do these guys put so much effort into them, and I'm thankful for everyone who's helped me in that regard...even if I can't name them all.

Man this is a tough question...I've played so many amazing games over the years. But I'll try:

007 Goldeneye 64 - This game was like crack to me when I was a kid. I put so many countless hours into playing and replaying the story over and over again, and having friends come over to play some 4 Player multiplayer are memories you can never forget.

Need for Speed: Most Wanted (PS2) - This is bar none, the greatest racing game I have ever played. I used to hold competitions at my old apartment back in 2006, I told anyone to lay down $20 if they thought they could beat me in any race of their choosing. I won every time! My secret - I had a Codebreaker back then for the PS2, which had a code you could use in the game for "Max Infinite NOS". This would mean you NOS never ran out and it never had to refill. So what I would do is I learned how to drive around the city PERFECTLY with the NOS held down at all times. This created and effect when when I wasn't used the code (during these best I didn't have the code active), driving around the courses was extremely simple, I was able to do things the people betting me just couldn't do.

The third game has to be a three way tie, sorry. It's between Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3 (PS2), Uncharted 2: Among Thieves and WWF Smackdown! 2: Know Your Role. DBZ Because it's my all time favorite fighting game, this was a fighting game I did similar bets with, except I didn't use cheats...just was that damn good at it.

Uncharted introduced me to a whole new style of gaming. Games that can play like insanely awesome interactive action movies, and the second games did everything the first one did, only WAY better. And it stands today as a game that truly blew my mind.

Smackdown because I've been a die hard wrestling fan for 16 years, and this game had so many hours put in to it. It was the perfect wrestling game or it's time. It's a bit dated these days...but the memories alone are why I cherish so much. WWF No Mercy is in a very close second. But I always preferred the way the Smackdown engine played.

Probably have to go with the PS3, simply for the fact that it's been a bit of a life saver for me like I mentioned above. The N64, Sega Genesis, PS1 and PS2 all have special places in my heart as well. But the PS3 has gotten me out of a worse situation that I could be in right now. So I have to go with that. Plus gaming is at an all time high these days...as much as older games are going to live in infamy, you can't really top how amazing gaming has gotten now.

The easier question would have been which trophies do I hate the most (Online and difficulty based BTW). But ones I like the most, would have to story related...simply because you don't have to do much and (this is going to be a very unpopular answer), Collectibles. I know people HATE collectibles, but I've always enjoyed them...especially in open world games. it gives me a reason to stray away from the story a bit and focus on other aspects of the game and really explore my surroundings.

Uncharted 4. I don't even have a PS4 yet, likely won't for another couple years. But I just can't wait for this game to hit the shelves. It'll be the first game I buy when I get a PS4 as well.

Hang out with my friends and family. And I'm going to party harder than I ever have before, haha. I don't smoke weed a lot these days but you best believe if I have 24 hours to live I'm going to go non-stop and drink myself half retarded before hand. Go out on a happy, high note (pun intended).

Give a shout out to at least one other member on the site. Someone who has been particularly helpful or who you are close to. Why did you choose this person?

You know, I'm actually not super close with any of the members around here. There's no one I talk to off the site at all. And anyone I've boosted with we tend to go our separate ways once the jobs done. There's plenty of members I really like, and get a long with such as x410xDragon, who's been extremely helpful with my Mass Effect issues, most of the guys who post in the Pro Wrestling section are very knowledgeable and fun to talk to as well, I spend a lot of my time in there. special Shotout to Darth_Krid for his wrestling PPV prediction league (even if has no clue how to do leader boards correctly ;)).

Not much else to tell. :)

Edited by ShadowAFC

Ryukori

My close friends call me Mochi, and I am a software engineering student from Ontario, Canada. I love to play video games, travel across the world, and have a huge interest in anime and manga. I also love studying a lot. Even when I'm not in school, I'd learn a language, read up on some scientific discoveries, or break apart electronic devices and see how they work.

The trophy guides, boosting threads, but most of all it's the awesome community. The community here is super nice, helpful, and the most mature I've seen out of any gaming forum. I've made a ton of friends here. :)

It's really hard to choose specific games, but I'll choose one of the recent Pokemon games, the newest Naruto Ultimate Ninja game, and the newest LittleBigPlanet game. I grew up on playing Pokemon, and have probably amassed over 2000 hours across all the games. It's one series I'd always buy a game from. I've also been a huge fan of the Naruto Ultimate Ninja series since back on the PS2. They're a ton of fun, and I've beat every one of them to 100%. LittleBigPlanet is my favourite series on PS3 because of the awesome co-op, soundtrack, and how you can create levels, upload them, and have other people play them. The people over at Media Molecule are geniuses for creating such an amazing series.

This is a tough question. I really want to say a Nintendo handheld because they have Pokemon, but in the end I'm going to go with the PS2. The PS2 had the best game library, in my opinion. I also loved how it was backward compatible with PS1 games, and how it was also a DVD player. It was an all-in-one console. My only gripe with it was that it was region locked, but I don't really care since I had both a NA region PS2 and a JP region PS2. :p

The ones that require skill because those are what trophies are supposed to be for, in my opinion. I hate the story-related trophies, the collectible trophies, and the trophies that require ridiculous grinds. It's boring when you get trophies that don't challenge you. I also sometimes like the miscellaneous trophies because they require you to do things you'd never thought of doing before. ;)

It's a tie between Final Fantasy XV and Kingdom Hearts III. I'm beyond excited for both, even though it might take a long while before either one of them gets released. :p

I'd spend it with my friends and family.

A huge shout-out goes out to the members over at the Anime & Manga subforum. I love discussing anime and manga with you! :D

You are all awesome. Keep being awesome.:hug:

Edited by ShadowAFC

DarkStar83x

Not much to say really. I work at a library, I like to play games, and I'm going to school to learn how to do medical coding and billing. I've been playing games since the NES era and, despite their issues lately, still a big fan of Nintendo. I'm also an XBox 360 defector.

I really like the community here. Most of the ones I've gone to in the past have been overrun with immaturity and inappropriate posts.

That's a tough one. If I had to choose, I'd probably say Kirby Super Star Ultra, Skyrim, and Chrono Trigger. I'm a big fan of the Kirby games. They aren't kiddie games at all. If you want to find all the secrets, it can be quite challenging. Skyrim because it's an awesome RPG. Chrono Trigger is one of the greatest games of all time. It has awesome characters, a great story, great music...I could go on. Wish Square Enix would stop releasing Final Fantasy games for one minute and go back to this one.

Super NES. Some of the best games I've ever played were released on that system. For Nintendo players, it was the golden era of console RPGs. They never quite got back to that after the N64 was released.

Don't really have a preference. There are some I wish I didn't have on my list, but other than that, I have no preference one way or the other.

For 2014, Dragon Age: Inquisition. It looks like it's going to be absolutely epic and BioWare looks like they're learning from the mistakes of Dragon Age II and Mass Effect 3. Don't break my heart now! As for 2015, The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. Looks like it's going to be an awesome conclusion to the series. So glad PS4 is getting it!

Spend it with my family. I know that sounds cliché, but it's true.

Yea, to mullinavat. He helped me not lose my sanity while I was going for Sharing is Caring in Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag and his efforts did ultimately contribute to me getting it. Otherwise, I would've left the list unfinished.

Never going back to XBox again!

Edited by ShadowAFC

Xander45

My name's Alex, and I'm 26 :)I live in a little village in the middle of nowhere so gaming has always been my favourite pastime ever since I started back when I was about 4 years old.

Well I'm a mod now so I suppose I'm forced to :pSeriously though, it's the cheesy answer but it's the honest one, the people. I love the community we have here and I like to think I've made some good friends through this place.

Obvously the guides are the best around too, the guys and girls that make those to help everyone out are awesome!

Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past - This is my favourite game of all time, I could play this over and over and over and never get bored of it.

Final Fantasy 9 - A tough call because I could have picked about half a dozen other Final Fantasy's. This is probably my favourite of the PS1 batch, and I might be slightly biased because my copy is signed by Nobuo Uematsu :D

Super Mario Allstars - This is a bit of a cop out as it's several games on one cartridge, but I had to have a Mario game. Super Mario Bros one the NES was the first game I ever played (and I still have the cartridge) and Super Mario 3 was the first game I ever finished!

The PS1 just edges out the PS2. There were so many great games on it, and they were so diverse too. From stuff like Tombi, to the 3 Final Fantasy games, to Crash Bandicoot, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Grandia, Spyro, Tomb Raider.. hell I could go on for hours! Let's just say that the PS1 is the console I had the most games for, and has the most games that I go back to and play every now and then.

Story related ones. Again a bit of a cop out but I don't really consider myself the biggest of trophy hunters. I know that will sound weird considering how many I've got, but for the most part I just like to play games! I will grab a game, play through it and then have a look to see what the trophies I didn't get naturally are like and then if I liked it I'll go back and grab them.

Things like THL and the custom lists are a different kettle of fish, but I really enjoy those because I can then go off and play a bunch of games I wouldn't normally play.

I would consider kiddy games a guilty pleasure of mine, I rented and played Toy Story 3 a few years ago just because I hadn't played one for a while :o Now I have THL as an excuse to play them without getting as many weird looks.

Final Fantasy XV, been waiting for this game for ages and it looks fantastic. Now it's had a name change I'm actually more excited for it now than I was when it was another 13 spin off.

Live it like it was my last day on earth:p I don't know really, I think this sums it up nicely,

http://f.kulfoto.com/pic/0001/0052/80Vnw51879.jpg

Yeesh just one person? Well I'm gonna go with IamWallaman, he was around from the start of my VGM quiz thread and helped me keep that going making quizzes of his own. That kept me here longer and got me more involved with the community instead of just lurking!

But I could have listed about a dozen names here :)

Anything else you would like the community to know?

Not that I can think of right now :p Now stop reading this and go play some games!

Edited by ShadowAFC

MsFuruba

Hai thar! My real name is Kate, I'm 16 years old and I live in a town on a small island south of county Cork in Ireland. Aside from the obvious hobby of gaming, I have a massive interest in the cultures of other countries (particularly old Asian culture and history), I love learning languages and read poetry and write some myself regularly. I don't have a job at my age yet but when I'm older I'd love to have a job as a journalist or an author.

Right now though in school, my three choice subjects aside from the mandatory English, Irish, Maths, etc. are Technical Graphics, Art and German, which I've been studying for three years now (and will continue for another three years). Game-wise, I am self-teaching myself Japanese and import games regularly to advance my learning. My favourite genres would be RPGs, rhythm games and survival horror in that order!

Like most of the previously interviewed members have said, the community is awesome on this website and is the main reason I keep coming back. I've made some great friends here! And of course, I enjoy collecting trophies, so a gaming forum mixed with trophies is a combination I can't walk away from! :D

That's a tough one. It'd be much easier if it was just three franchises, haha! But if I had to absolutely narrow it down...:

Final Fantasy VI: As my avatar and signature might have already suggested, Final Fantasy VI is a godly game in my eyes, and Kefka the star of the show. Never have I seen such a great story and a complex villain done so well!

Atelier Ayesha ~The Alchemist of Dusk~: A fairly recent game, but my favourite of the franchise so far. The more mature story in comparison to previous Ateliers and the absolutely stellar soundtrack and character design make this a near-perfect RPG in my eyes!

Sonic Adventure: Sonic is my childhood hero, and Sonic Adventure on the Dreamcast was a gem. Gameplay, music, awesome mascot and hell, even a pretty saddening story with a certain robot character (those who've played know who I'm talking about!) make this the staple of 3D Sonic gaming.

Another tough question. I think the Dreamcast had one of the greatest gaming libraries ever and the nostalgia is too goddamn high, but the PS3 has made so many memories in just 4 years of owning one... But I think the PS3 edges it out a small bit. ;)

I really like 100% completion trophies in open-world games, like in Sleeping Dogs. The satisfaction is immense and it makes you experience everything the world has to offer. Sure, they can be a royal pain sometimes, but it's all worth it in the end, right guys?... Right?...

Just about any RPG releasing in the next few months is a major want. :p But in particular, Tales of Xillia 2 is one I really can't wait to dig into. I arrived to the Tales franchise a bit late despite being such a major fan of the genre, and I still don't think they reach Final Fantasy levels of awesome in storytelling (fanboy alert), but Tales of Xillia 2's cast looks really good. Let's hope its release next month doesn't disappoint!

After a couple of hours running in circles in panic like my favourite smilie on this website :francis:, I think I'd do some crazy stuff you'd otherwise never be able to do, like run around the town naked. But in actuality, I'd probably just cry in the corner hugging all my anime figures and telling them everything will be alright. :|

I can't decide just one person, but a shout-out goes out to all of the frequent posters in the PS3T Import Leaderboard. We have some crazy conversations and everyone is just so awesome there (probably because we're all weird Japanophiles, I dunno :francis ). But I think everyone I know deserves a shout-out, you're all awesome! :thumbsup:

Keep on rockin' and being awesome! I love you guys! Unfortunately Kefka doesn't feel the same...

http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs41/f/2009/045/8/1/Kefka__s_Hate_by_Lemunde.gif

Edited by ShadowAFC

iamQmai

My name is Andrew and I live in the middle of nowhere in Norfolk, England. So pretty much I get a lot of free time as there's nothing to do when you're a student and out of money!

Speaking of being a student, from September onwards I'm off to uni to study Motorsport Technology in Oxford brookes and one day I plan to get myself into an F1 team as a data analyst or something similar as it involves numbers, maths, racing etc which is pretty much everything that I enjoy so doing that will be pretty much a perfect job! Not to mention the money is huge, but that's not a really big deal, as I'd rather be happy than have money.

Considering that when I was 2 or 3 and diagnosed with Autism I was told I was going to do absolutely nothing with my life, I think that's a huge achievement in itself.

I'm sure this is going to be the answer everyone gives, but it's simply the members here are just the best out of everywhere on the web! There are one or two which are questionable, but 99% of the members are great and they are most of the reason why I come back!

I'm also apart of the F1 2013 League so I have to come back really, plus we have by far the best guides on the internet.

DON'T DO THIS TO ME!!! :p

I'm going to have to say:

1 - Pokémon series - They've been out for what? 16/17 years now? And they're only getting better! Yeah, sure having an Ice cream as a pokémon isn't exactly great but when you think that something like Muk is literally just a giant piece of s**t then you realise that you need all of the bad designs to make all the good designs feel even better!

It's also one of them games which just deliver and you know it will, it's not about the story or anything but there's just something that makes you just want to catch 'em all and then beat up other furry animals.... or ice cream. :p

2 - Uncharted series - If I had to choose any, it'd have to be Uncharted 2 however they're all amazing. Going around the world with a perverted old man and in gaming terms a really nice looking blonde young lady couldn't be better. (ditch the bitch asap though, obviously)

There's the perfect mix between humour and gunfights, so you get the best of everything, plus you have to use your brain when you're figuring out puzzles, which is always great.

3 - F1 Championship Edition - My first ps3 game, and back in the day when online was available to play I used to be the guy everyone knew and feared (shame it's not like that now with the new ones :p) as I put literally thousands of hours in to get myself as one of the best in the world, barring the glitched times, I was top 50 (out of about 60,000) on every track in terms of fastest lap and average lap! Playing against the very top people was just amazing too, as the general open lobby was 5 lap races without collisions, so you had to drive as quickly as possible in what is effectively a sprint race and the adrenaline you used to get as you were within a couple of tenths of a second between 4 or 5 of the best in the world was unmatched on a game.

PS. I'm totally that arrogant all the time :whistle:

Games like cod4 back in the day, Last of Us, Crash Bandicoot, Sonic etc were close to being picked, but for some reason or another I just didn't, maybe on another day I would have done.

It's got to be the ps2. Yes, the ps3 and ps4 are better in pretty much every way possible, but my best gaming moments came on the ps2. Back when Split screen co-op was actually a thing instead of the really bad and laggy co-op of today.

Trophies didn't ruin games back then either, as now whenever I finish a list, I feel like I can't go back and play the game. Not saying trophies are bad, as they've introduced me to some of my favourite games of the last generation but I liked it when I could play something for hours upon hours without forcing myself to do something and just have fun.

I feel like the Gamecube is by far the most underrated console ever to have been released, it's not the best, but for what it was it was up there with one of my favourite consoles. I still think that the original Gamecube controller is the best too.

I really enjoy challenging myself, so my favourite types are the skill related trophies and something that most people will be proud of getting.

I never feel like there's any trophy out of reach for me, as if I like something, I will spend hours upon hours making sure that I do it perfectly. For example, Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz on the Vita has been out for nearly 2 years now and when I wanted to get the platinum for that, I'd put 10 hours a day at least into it to make myself good enough to get it. Currently only 41 people have done it, and that's with over 30,000 people playing it. It's definitely my most proud trophy.

Another example is Gold Standard on GT5, lots of people give up on it, but I have to prove to myself I'm good enough to do it, plus someone told me I couldn't do it, so that only motivated me even more.

Ones i really hate are luck based ones, as I generally can't get enough luck or patience to do it.. isn't that right Sound Shapes :wavesfistsviolently:

I doubt many people have heard of it but Project CARS (Project Community Assisted Racing Sim) - It's a racing game which you are effectively going up through the ranks starting as a young boy with a dream in karting to then go race in any type of Formula you want. You want to go to F1? You can do it. You want to go Rallying? You can do it. Touring Cars is your thing? Go right ahead.. Anything is possible. I feel like it's going to be a better Gran Turismo and I can't wait to get myself into some endurance racing leagues with people from here! (anyone who watches over the league will know I'm much more consistent than quick)

It's also going to be having the same engine as Shift 2 had, and I absolutely loved that game and it was probably the game that I've been best at since F1 Championship Edition, so I'm hoping it'll be just the same on PCARS!

The next game I'm buying is Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare for the ps4 though, obviously I'm excited for it, but I'd rather PCARS be here right now :p

I'd have a day with all of my closest friends doing all the things that we used to do together, then in the last hour or so, I'd get all Mr Sappy and tell everyone who matters to me at least a little how much they've meant to me over the years and I'd like to go out a happy guy, and hopefully inspire other people to be who they want to be instead of a lazy bastard :p

Anybody that I speak to off the site deserves a mention, you know who you are! (and no doubt I've sent you the link to this, so hi!)

Anybody who I race with or have raced with in the F1 league over the past 3 or 4 years too, you're all great guys and it's great fun knowing I get to race with you every week!

Also, to the two people I've met in real life too, one of which most of you should know anyway, which is Dr.HelmutMarko - Really, we shouldn't get along at all as pretty much all of our beliefs are the complete opposite, but hey.. they say opposites attract. Giggedy. But yeah, all round great guy even if he doesn't understand most of my jokes until I explain them!! :tuttuttut:

The next one is lesser known and I think he's only ever posted in the league thread, and that's qisok, a grumpy old man effectively, although he's actually quite the witty ol' chap if I do say so myself. :drinksacupofteawithlittlefingerinair:

I'm going to go cliché and say follow your dreams and don't let anyone get you down. As I said from the first question, I was told I was going to do nothing with my life and I've defied the odds and I'm going to get myself into a life where I'm incredibly important to a team simply because it's something I'm passionate about and love doing.

If you're not happy, make yourself happy. Move along with your job and go somewhere else, a happy worker is a good worker so yeah, just be yourself and don't give up.

And I'll leave you with a few of my favourite quotes, one I made up myself, and the other I saw one time and loved.

"I like being different, if someone likes me the way I am then I have no competition"

"As a gamer, I know that once life gets tough it just means I'm going in the right direction"

kbyeloveyou :p

Edited by ShadowAFC

Labartu

Let's see, my real name is Dennis, 24 years old, born and raised in Germany and currently studying Electrical Engineering. I'm also a huge fan of Deadpool, which I'm sure no one would have ever suspected. :p

I realize it's a very cliche answer to this question but it's the great community. I've made a few very good friends here and they are the reason I'm still here. Or here again, I guess - because I left for nearly 3 years before returning last year, and I'm very grateful that the friends I've made here didn't hold that against me when I came back.

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

League of Legends

Donkey Kong Country

I grew up playing games on the SNES with my Dad, and the games I most clearly remember are Donkey Kong Country and Super Mario World. We spent weeks trying to beat Donkey Kong, and even back then my Dad already trained me to try and complete my games to the fullest. Always telling me that I have to collect every single coin and banana...good times.

As for Ocarina of Time...it was my first contact with the Zelda series and I was hooked right from the beginning. I still play through the game every now and then (as well as a couple other games I have fond memories of like Banjo & Kazooie) and I'd say it's my favorite SP game of all time.

League of Legends...where to start with that one. From being overly reluctant to even try it when friends asked me, to trying to make it in the pro scene and being the reason I've stayed away from this site longer than I intended when I left back in 2010. Nowadays I play it a lot less and only with friends for fun, I gave up being competitive about a year ago, but I still love the game. And I still follow the e-sports scene very closely.

Wow, I don't know. I grew up with the SNES and the N64, so those are obviously the ones I will always look back at and remember because they're part of my childhood. The most time gaming I spent on the PC but I played the highest amount of different games on my PS3, and I love all of those systems for different reasons. I can't really say which one is my favorite.

Uhhh...Platinum trophies? :shrugs: Seriously though, I'd have to say all the crazy trophies devs come up with. Just look at my Staff Custom list for a general idea of what I'm talking about. ;)

Broforce. It looks crazy, and I like crazy. It's also 4-player co-op which is great, because my co-op group is always looking for something new to play (if we ever finish Borderlands 2 that is ;)).

I won't go into the rest of the games too much because I don't think anyone wants to read me ramble on about why I'm looking forward to games like Far Cry 4 or Kingdom Hearts 3. :p

I've honestly always hated that question, because there's only one real answer you can and should give, which is to spend time with your loved ones. I'd sure as hell make sure I'm shitfaced though, so that I won't spend my last 24 hours whining about dying.

Uh oh, dangerous question. ;) Anyway, obviously a shout out to the staff team on here, you guys are great and it's a pleasure to work with you. As well as the community, without you guys this site wouldn't be the best trophy site there is, you guys make all the hard work and frustration that is sometimes part of being on the staff worth it.

Another shout out goes to the members of the secret treehouse, the wielders of the now gone Awesome Mystery Award, or whatever you want to call this group of people (olsen, tuff, woz, funky, DP, toaster, bread & mendel). You guys are awesome, all of you. Never change.

But a very special shoutout goes to toaster, mendel and bread (no, in no specific order bread! JEEZ!).

Keep doing what you're doing. I don't think we could ask for a better community. Never hesitate to come to the staff with any questions or concerns you might have, even if it's about a decision we/one of us made. It might not always seem that way to some of you, but we always have the best interest of our members and the site as a whole at heart with the decisions we make, but we're not perfect.

Why are you guys still reading this? Go hunt some trophies. ;)

Edited by ShadowAFC

Metdevil Part 1

My name is David, I'm from a small forestry town in New Zealand with a population of around 14k. I'm 24 (correct at the time of typing this, anyway :p), I've been married for 5 years, and have a 3 year old son and a 2 month old daughter, both named after Final Fantasy Characters (though my wife would deny this :p). I'm currently working in a local Pulp and Paper mill, training as an Energy and Chemical Plant Operator. Essentially, I'm a boiler operator's trainee, it's a very cool job, especially if you're into steampunk :p

As for my gaming history, I got into gaming quite late, despite having a Super Nintendo, Segas, Gameboys, and stuff, I was never really interested in gaming until PlayStation One where I started getting into Gran Turismo 2 and Final Fantasy VIII. During the PS2 era, I found that I was still playing the PS1 Final Fantasy's more than anything before getting hooked onto Final Fantasy X and Metal Gear Solid 2. I also used to really like the shooter genre, playing Killzone and Socom and continued to play new shooters as they were released before I got bored of them since they were all so repetitive. By the time competitive shooters (like CoD and BF) were out, I was already too far over them to get back into them.

I ended up going back to RPG's and Action/Adventures since the play styles are almost always varied.

PS3T.org (it'll always be PS3T to me :p) is the only place where I can just chat with like minded people without being talked down to. In the town that I live in, hunting and rugby are the mainstream past times and gaming falls into the category of 'living as a bum with your parents, sucking money from the tax payers'. So when I'm asked by people around town what I enjoy, and I say gaming, I usually always get a dirty look as if I just said 'I do crack'.

PS3T is also the only gaming community I've found (I've tried many more) where you're not talked down to for not playing mainstream sports and shooters. On another forum I used to be on, I was told that I wasn't a gamer because I 'took the easy way out' by playing RPGs and by not preferring online multiplayer to single player.

The addiction of trophies, I think, has brought gamers together in a way that no other aspect of gaming ever has, and that's because regardless of preferred genres and playing style, all that matters here is gaming in general. No matter who likes what, we're all here for the same thing, and that makes it really easy to talk to each other.

This is both a tough question and an easy question. In my early days of gaming I only played three games:p but at the same time, since PS3, I've played so many great games, that I never would have otherwise played prior to PS3. These games have left a lasting impression on me, but not in the same way that my pre-PS3 gaming has. Anyway, my first game would have to be...

Final Fantasy VIII - And by extension of FFVIII, Triple Triad. I spent so many hours in the days of PS1 AND PS2 playing FFVIII and so many more playing Triple Triad. After spending hundreds of hours of FFVIII collecting the TT cards several times over, I decided to up the difficulty and collect the real deal. It's taken me around 8 years to collect 105 of 110 of the real Triple Triad cards. So if I was to have FFVIII buried with me, my TT cards are coming with me :p

Off topic: My son's birthday is the same as Squall's :D

The next game, I can't decide on which of them I'd choose, so I'm going to choose the whole series :p

Metal Gear Solid - A series of games that I've been playing since PS2 and am still deciphering to this day. Every new addition to the series stays true to the last while still improving the series. I'm a huge fan of Snake (both Solid and Naked) and of Raiden (yes, MGS2 Raiden. Before he went insane :p).

There's not much more to say on MGS, it's just a great game that I've been playing for years.

Lastly, it's tough to choose a third, but I'd say...

Gran Turismo - GT had always been where the competition in gaming lay in my household, with me, my dad, and my brother all taking turns racing each other. I used to be horrible at the game, often sticking to only a few of my favourite races or only setting up Arcade races against beginner difficulty opponents. It wasn't until GT4 that I really started to get OK at it and then GT5 where I think I've conquered it. GT has been so much fun throughout my gaming life, and I definitely think that it's one of the few gaming genres that can be learned and improved on. GT has always been one of the ultimates in multiplayer (local) gaming. GT5 is often busted out when friends visit and it's always a talking point among me and my brother.

I do have another honourable mention and that goes to White Knight Chronicles. After spending 1000 hours between the two games, they’re hard to ignore. I ended up trading both of them in once I’d unlocked their platinum trophies, and I still regret it. So much replay value in those games, it’s such a shame that their servers have been closed.

This one is easily taken by PS2. The era of PS2 was when gaming was at its peak, everyone had one and everyone talked about theirs, their games, and their save files. It was a standard weekend to take your 8MB memory card and your controller with the wire wrapped awkwardly around it to a friend’s place and tear up some SoulCalibur 2.

PS2 had such a huge games library that everyone was covered, you would find games that you never knew existed and nine times out of ten, they were amazing. These days, especially in my home town, gamers are rare and the ones that do still game only stick with their favourites, rarely straying from what they’re accustomed to.

The PS2 also saw some great improvements throughout its life, games at the end of the PS2’s life were just so far ahead of the games at the start of its life, as if developers were constantly unlocking pieces of the console’s potential one game at a time. Throughout the life of the PS2, games increased in quality significantly more than they seem to now. True, games these days are constantly improving but definitely not the way that the PS2 did.

Edited by ShadowAFC

Metdevil Part 2

This is tough. There are so many funny trophies, creative trophies, awesome looking tiles, clever titles, and just all round impressive trophies. It’s tough to single out only a few since I think that every game has at least one trophy which I like above the rest -whether it’s because of its difficulty, or its unlock conditions, and most of the time, it’s tile – I’m sure that if I choose one, I’ll end up choosing another, and another, and another.

So far, I think that my favourite trophy tile is from Dragon Age: Origins…

[spoiler=3465566457] http://psnprofiles.com/lib/img/games/3bf249/trophies/23Lf55e1f.png

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/images/smilies/trophy_bronze.pngSacrilegious

Though Metal Gear Rising has a lot of really great images.

My favourite trophy based on its creativeness or unlock conditions is probably the Nissan Official Record trophy from GT5, which requires you to beat the Official Record set on the Nurburgring in the same car and under the same conditions. If I remember correctly, the time to beat is about 7:29? And I beat it by three tenths of a second, which is far too close for a seven and a half minute race.

My all round favourite trophy ever is the platinum for Rocksmith (and hopefully soon, Rocksmith 2014), which is the only platinum I have that is actually proof of something useful :p

You’re required to master a lot of songs from the RS setlist, and play them (almost) flawlessly on a real guitar, not a plastic controller.

A lot of people with the platinum played with Youtube playing simultaneously so that they didn’t have to memorise the songs, and also played the same songs repeatedly to level up to the highest level quickly. But I did the whole platinum ‘legit’, of course there’s no way to really prove this so it’s a claim that anyone can make, but I know that that’s how I did it, and so I don’t care if anyone doesn’t believe it :p

Final Fantasy XV. The whole reason (seriously) why I bought a PS3, and it didn’t even end up releasing in the eight years since its announcement. I still don’t fully believe that it’s going to happen, like Square Enix is going to go under before it has the chance to release or something. I’m only hoping that it lives up to the hype, and it doesn’t flop like a certain recent FF release :whistle:

I’d like to say that I’d do the cliché bucket list thing, like watch the sunrise from the top of a mountain and base jump off. But I’m too lazy for that. I would be spending my last 24 hours with my family, letting them know just how great they are, thanking them for looking after me, and reminiscing on all of the fun things we’ve done together and how I would have liked to have done more. At some point within the last 24 hours, I’d definitely have to sign on to PS3T and leave a farewell for everyone here in my sig :)

I’ve had a lot of help from members on the site, JoshT helped me get the co-op trophies out of the way on C&C Red Alert 3, which was a huge help and took a lot of time. He also held my hand through all of White Knight I and through a lot of White Knight II, if it weren’t for Josh I would have spent a lot more than 1000 hours platinuming the two games and would not have gotten them in before the server closures.

There are others who have helped me generously in the trophies department, Rob Madgwick helped me most recently by walking me through Resogun, a game which I was really struggling on.

On a completely different level, I want to give a shout out to CreativeRhino. Rhino and I met only earlier this year when he took the initiative to raise money for cancer research with the Dryathlon, he’d recently lost his grandfather to cancer and I too (though not so recently) lost my grandfather to cancer. We both had been greatly influenced by our grandfathers, and my wife and I had also recently had a scare when my son was born with a cluster of tumours on his kidney, they had been removed and he’s now fine. But the scare was still real. After reading Rhino’s story I had to donate to his cause.

Twenty days into Rhino’s month long donation period, my mother-in-law, who I was very close to, passed away very suddenly due to complications from breast cancer. After that, it was Rhino who was giving me the same support that I’d just given him and I suddenly felt that we were really in it together. The PS3T community all pitched in and absolutely thrashed Rhino’s collection goal, which we were both completely taken away with, so I really want to thank CreativeRhino for helping me through that tough time, he helped me a lot more than I think he realises. And I also want to thank everyone who chipped in during the Dryathlon and helped us beat Rhino’s goal. Oh, and a special thank you to AshtimusPrime, who donated twice to help reach the last milestone :p

I just want everyone to know that I’ve always enjoyed my time with you guys, and PS3T and the community here are special to me. I’m always happy to game with anyone who wants to put up with my crazy time zone and work schedule, and I’m always keen to help boost on games that I still own, so feel free to ask me if there’s anything you need help with :)

I also want everyone with the GTAIV platinum (everyone on site for that matter) to remember sjdb5, who passed away around August of 2013, as the anniversary of his passing is coming up.

sjdb5, for those who don’t know, was an amazing member of the site who helped thousands (no jokes, thousands) of people earn their GTAIV platinums by holding their hands through the Fly The Co-op trophy.

Please take the time to read his In Memoriam here: In Memoriam of sjdb5 - Playstation 4, PlayStation 3 News at PlaystationTrophies.org

I hate to end this with a sad note :o but I think sjdb5 and his close PS3T friends deserve the acknowledgement during this time of the year.

Please keep on gaming, keep getting that buzz when you hear the trophy ‘ding’, and keep coming back to PS3T.org :)

Edited by ShadowAFC

CookieOnFire

I'm a 24-year-old (turning 25 this month) female gamer who lives in Midwest USA and plays games way too much for her own good. I currently work for an early-stage startup company, and I really enjoy what I do. I originally studied computer science and programming as an undergraduate, but late last year I decided to switch to business because I hated working in IT, so now I'm applying to MBA programs across the country. Most of the programs I'm looking at will cost $80,000+ a year, so I'm going to be so very poor in a year or two :p

Gaming-wise, for those who know me, I pretty much only play Japanese games of all genres these days (as in games in Japanese). Because of that, I write a lot of trophy guides for games that are not localized in the West, or at least are not yet. One of my hidden favorite genres is point-and-click adventure, but I'm not a PC gamer :( Oh, and I know Akihabara in Tokyo like the back of my hand.

To be honest last year I signed up for an account here because I was really, really bored in an old job where I had to sit in front of a computer all day. Reading through threads and writing guides really helped to make a slow day go by faster.

I have long since left said boring job, but PST has a good community that I like, and I will continue to write guides (for Japanese games).

This question becomes harder and harder to answer as I play more and more games, but I think my current top 3 games are:

1. Final Fantasy IX

2. Legend of Dragoon

3. Shadow Hearts 2

All Japanese versions of course.

I think I love games on the PS1 the most, but I would say that just purely from the huge game library, PS2 is the way to go, so PS2 it is.

I don't think I have favorite trophies, but I like most trophy lists with pretty images that are not lazy (like having the same image, or just with different colors). In that sense, I like a lot of trophies from visual novel games since many of them are thumbnails of CGs or character portraits.

Probably Sen no Kiseki II that's coming out on 9/25. Although I have yet to play the first one...

What games are you currently playing(across all systems)?

At the very moment, an obscure visual novel game on the PS3 that not very many people will know, but after that I'll go play Atelier Ayesha or something.

I don't have any persons in particular to mention, but I guess importers of Japanese games? It's awesome that people are willing to try to overcome the language barrier in order to play games that they like. Although maybe not people skipping through visual novel games for trophies :p That's a whole different beast.

You know those people who keep on saying that games are bad and a waste of time? Well, screw them. As long as you properly handle the other aspects of your life, I say go nuts; it's a great hobby. However, just make sure to not let it take over your life like an addiction or something. The most important thing is to enjoy what you do :thumbsup:

Edited by ShadowAFC

arrow

Tell us a bit about yourself

My real name is Arran (same spelling as the Scottish Island) and I am 15 and live in Wiltshire in England. I am currently doing my GCSES and as well as the mandatory English, Maths, Science and R.E I have chosen 4 optional subjects which are French, Computing, History and Media studies. When I finish school I hope to become a magazine journalist. I also hope to take a gap year at Uni in the future to go to Japan and teach English (even though I don't know any Japanese yet :p) Since most people in my year who head out in the general area are druggies I prefer to stay inside and be a hermit.

As others have said before me, the entire community here is awesome and if you post about a game you need help on you will always have someone happy to give advice or explain how to do that certain part of it. And then as I'm a trophy hunter I love using the guides that have had so much effort put into them to help me on my platinum hunt. I also now have a few good friends on the site.

I don't think I want to die for a really long time yet.

These 3 aren't actually all in my top 3 (P4 is) but I would want a mixture of games in my coffin and as I still loved all 3 I though what the hell and chose them.

Persona 4/Golden

Demons Souls

TLoZ: Links Awakening

1 - Persona 4/Golden

This was my favourite game of all time and the long grind I needed for hardcore risette fan didn't change my opinion of the game in the slightest (although I didn't platinum it again when I imported the US version. Once I platinumed it I actually felt empty inside because it was such a good game and I had then done everything there was to be done with it. Even though I also did 4 playthroughs to get the plat I still love the game and always will.

2- Demons Souls

Well to begin with I will say that I absolutely love the souls series ever since I played Dark Souls on Xbox back before I was a trophy hunter. The fact that I loved it so much made me want Demons Souls so I went out and bought it only to find that it was an even better game than Dark Souls. I played it lots before I was a trophy hunter and did about 5-6 playthroughs then. And then when I was it took a few more. I also love the game so much I was happy to take a friend all the way to the platinum as a co-op partner from pretty much scratch.

3 - TLoZ: Links Awakening

This was the first Zelda game that I ever completed and I am very happy that that is the case because I loved it. I have played through it and beaten it multiple times although I think I may need to buy another copy of it because I haven't seen it for months. I'd also need a new gameboy advance charger.

Many people may think this is strange but my favourite system of all time is actually the PS vita. I say this because I played Persona 4 on the vita and it has been my favourite game of all time. There are also lots of brilliant visual novels and RPGS on and coming to the vita such as Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc and Virtues Last Reward on the vita and Hyperdimension Neptunia Rebirth and Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair coming to it. Both of which I can't wait for!

My favourite type of trophies are going to be ones misc ones you can get when doing the story because it means you can do small extra challenges/activities without actually straying to far from the actual story because I hate trophies that make you do that (that's why I really hate collectibles) as I like going straight through the story in games without stopping for lots of side stuff.

There are lots of games I have my eye on and really looking forward to such as Hyperdimension Neptunia Rebirth but if I included everything the list would be too long so I'll only include the 4 below.

Farcry 4 - I love the setting on this game and the fact that I can play with people who don't actually have the game as I have some school friends who are planning on getting PS4s soon but won't be buying this. The villain also looks good and full of character just like Vaas was and that was going to be a hard character to match.

Dying Light - Parkour and killing zombies, what's more to like? This has the opportunity to be a fantastic game and I will likely be getting it regardless of reviews. The only thing I'm slightly worried about is that the developers sometimes mess up on their games.

Bloodborne - I love the fact that the souls series is now moving in a new direction and I think that this game will turn out to be incredible. It was a fantastic idea to change the setting from the classic old world with blacksmiths and swords and shields to a more medieval style setting. The only thing I'm slightly wary of at the moment is the inclusion of guns.

Danganronpa 2 - Goodbye Despair

I loved the first game and I will love the second. The characters look incredible in this game too, just like they were in the first game with some characters seeming like you're meant to like them and some that you aren't. China were very lucky getting this 6 months earlier than us! This would also have been my first LE. If the NISA EU store wasn't a huge rip off.

I would jump out of an aeroplane as that is something I have always wanted to do but apart from that I would honestly want to treat it as a normal day because I wouldn't want people to act any different towards me and I wouldn't want to change myself just for one day. So after that I would probably game for the rest of the day as that is what I would usually do and I would want to keep it that way.

At the moment I am playing Hyperdimension Neptunia Producing Perfection and Killzone Mercenary on the vita (a massive surprise to me was that I vastly prefer producing perfection even though it's an idol simulator) so I know I have strange tastes in games now. And Pokemon Omicron on PC. Omicron is easily the best Pokemon game I have ever played and Nintendo need to take many notes on Omicron and Zeta because it does everything that Nintendo doesn't do that drastically improves the games. I am also playing 3D dot game heroes on ps3 but I've only just started so I can't comment on it yet. Same with Wolfenstein on ps4.

I have two people that I am friendly with on the site and those are Eric-B14 and Ninja95

Eric-B14 has been my buddy since THL 4 and we've had many chats about games and what we've played recently. He's now convinced me to find kingdom hearts. Now I just need to put it to the top of my rental list when I'm ready to try it. You're a great guy Eric! :hug:

Ninja95 is someone I met on site quite recently but I am already friends with them as we have incredibly similar tastes in games so it's quite easy to talk which is why we have a very long visitor message trail :p I've definitely spoken to Ninja95 the most on site. And he's a good friend :hug:

To finish off I just want to say keep being awesome guys let's keep this fantastic community going!

Edited by ShadowAFC

Ninja95

My real name is Alexander(everyone calls me Alex though). I am a 6'7 18 year old who just graduated from High School and currently living in Seattle Washington. After THL I am going to apply at a airport my friend and his mom works at and go to massage therapy school or go in the electronic field next year. One of the nicest people you'll meet IRL ;)

This is gonna sound cliche as hell but I come back for the people here. This forum has a really nice community and I think it's the best community on a forum.

They're really helpful and the Trophy Guides always save my butt when i'm in a pinch.

I ain't going nowhere lol. Tough and good question.

Persona 4 Golden: (P):One of the best JRPG's ever made and one of my favorite videogame series of all time.

It felt good the game and I still play it every now and then.

Super Smash Bros Brawl: One of my favorite Nintendo games because of it's nigh infinite replay value and overall fun. Especially with friends.

Saints Row 2: I love the shit out of the SR series since the first one came out on the 360. I find it much funner than GTA because it has a much bigger emphasis on chaos and destruction which I love~

Ugh I got so many.

I would have to say the PS3 because it has a great library of games and it's region free so I can import foreign games. Also I play it like every day haha.

Runner up is GameCube because that was my childhood right there :D

Toughy :c

I like when trophies give me a good challenge but isn't borderline frustrating. *Looks at P4A Score Attack*

I would say Persona 4 Golden (P) because it pushed me to my limits. While it wasn't hard, it took motivation and alot of grinding.

Gonna talk about games coming out 2014

Danganronpa 2 Goodbye Despair: This is one of my anticipated games of the year. I have been waiting for this game for months now and I can almost taste the game. Excellent characters, mind blowing plot, and top notch music.

Super Smash Bros(Wii U/3DS): Whenever a new Smash game is coming out, I am always hyped ^.^

This game looks damn amazing with the new stages, and the roster is pretty good so far

Persona 4 Arena Ultimax: I love fighting games. And I love Persona. So this is obviously a must have in my book. It improves everything from the first game and adds even more amazing additions to it. It added way more characters, made a better story mode, added Shadow type characters and more modes making this a fighting GOTY :cool:

On the PS3 I am currently playing No More Heroes Heroes' Paradise because I am trying to it by the end of August. On the Vita,er on/off between Danganronpa and Persona 4 Golden. Wii U Mario Kart 8 and Wii Smash Bros Brawl.

Spend it with my loved ones of course. And impregnate my girlfriend so she can have my kid while i'm gone.

Giving a shoutout to the big homies arrow and x410xDragon

x410xDragon I just recently started talking to since he joined our THL team and he's a funny and cool dude. We share the same fondnes of "plot" haha. XD

arrow is probably the dude I have been talking to the most on this forum. He is a awesome bud and really fun and cool to talk to. Thanks to him I finally joined THL and looking forward to it

You guys are a awesome bunch and keep it like that

Edited by ShadowAFC

dz06lt

I'm married 37yr old originally from Florida, now living in central PA. I work in finance and my wife is a teacher. Other hobbies include traveling, recently returned from Antigua, and caring for saltwater aquariums. As for the my user name its nothing special its just my initials the year and model of one of my cars. I also enjoy sports, TV, movies and surfing the net.

I would have to say its mostly because its nice to be able to share this hobby with other like-minded people. That and of course the content the news stories and the new games trophy lists.

Which three games would you have buried with you in your coffin. In other words, which are your three favorite games and why?:

Very tough choices at least for 2 of 3. My number 1 choice would have to be Fallout 3, its an amazing game with great gameplay and strong story behind it. Well that and I think I may be a closet pack rat, when I first played the game I almost immediately became overburdened and my wife said "You know if you would stop picking up everything you see including dishes and trash you wouldn't have this problem."

Number 2 would probably be GTA IV or V as GTA has always been my one of my favorite franchises in gaming. Like Fallout 3 these games have large maps and lots of things to get into and you can spend hours on end playing them.

Finally I would have to say it would be Super Mario Bros. from the NES just because its a classic and the first game I played on my own console.

Another tough choice as I've been gaming since Atari. If I had to choose I would choose the PS3 because of all the fantastic games it gave us. The funny thing about that is I never owned a PlayStation 1(until well after PS2, and only as an investment). I finally jumped from Nintendo to PS as soon as GTA San Andreas was released that day I purchased the newly released PS2 slim GTA SA and the 2 pack of GTAIII and Vice City(also amazing).

Hands down story related trophies with clever titles are my most favorite. I really like it when developers put some effort not only into the game but into making great and creative trophy lists.

[

Another tough one because this years release calendar has been pretty terrible to honest, and it seems to get worse every day with all the delays. If I had to pick I would say that Assassins Creed Unity and AC Rouge. These games just keep getting better and better and now that they ditched the forced multiplayer I hope they used that money to put back into the SP game. Other games on my radar for the remainder of the year are Far Cry 4, Call of Duty, The Walking Dead Season 2(disc) & Borderlands the pre-sequel(unless it actually is coming to PS4 then ill wait). For 2014 of course The Order is near the top of my list as well as Battlefield Hardline but the number one is Uncharted 4.

Finally an easy one, I would spend the entire day with my wife and hope to pass in her arms. Nothing else really matters.

I've been around a long time almost since the beginning but if I had to pick one person I would have to say kfree7 he has pushed me to complete some games I may have given up on.

1. Stay in school

2. Do not EVER get a neck tattoo EVER.

3. Yep this is a trophy site but sometimes many of us forget what this hobby is all about, the games not the next trophy or the next easy platinum. We need to sit back and enjoy the great games regardless of the stupid trophy list or don't get all bothered because some developer added some DLC trophies or needlessly care about your completion %. Just play, and no that doesn't mean play the next Disney game and avoid Max Payne 3 because you know you cant or wont get that (P). Finally everyone should remember this:

[ame]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YyTlxHwuPZY[/ame]

Edited by ShadowAFC

kfree7

Live in Kansas City in the heart of the midwest of the US. Raised my son by myself for 7 years after a divorce. My son and I started gaming then and really enjoy the ps2. My career is in banking and I really enjoy helping ppl make money. It's really rewarding. Being a father is the thing that I'm most proud of. Some of the members that know my son, freeskid, have commented on what a wonderful young man he is. That really makes a father smile.

The guides are what brought me here but now I've really made some great friends. Enjoy the fun banter at times with other members in the forums. It's part of my life.

The Godfather 2 because it was my first plat and you never forget that one. Max Payne 3. It drove me crazy yet gave me mental toughness to complete a task and a goal. The Sniper Elite games. Love the co op and the missions. You can go stealth or commando. I'm not much for commando in real life. :)

Still would have to be the ps3, but as I wrap up all the games the ps4 has so much potential and the devs are just now starting to explore that. They are just beginning to tap into the power the system has. The only reason I would mention the 3 at this time is the run to 90% completion ratio has got me cleaning up old games and learning to love games I never gave much of a chance. I'm ready to move to the 4 exclusively but the backlog comes first on the 3. Have got to get that completion ratio up to make Krid happy. I really love the quickness of game loading times and the syncing of trophies on the 4. The 4 is a superior system that we'll enjoy for years.

My all time favorite trophy is the NYMHC from Max Payne 3. When people ask me how I continued to plat after failed attempt after failed attempt, it taught me that trophy hunting is a marathon, not a sprint. It's a journey not a destination.

Far Cry 4. Really enjoyed the Far Cry 3 co op and would like to see more of that in 4.

Cleaning up the old Prince of Persia game on PS3. Just finished Sniper Elite III plat on the PS4.

This is something that I've looked forward to. Terminator and I have gamed together and chatted for a long time and I've really appreciated getting to know him. Krid has been someone that I can have some fun with. He likes to challenge me and is good at encouraging ppl. Pain will help clean up a thread when I ask for help. Prince of Peace, NightSprings and CaptMadMurdock have been fun co op gamers. Prince has pushed to strive for greatness. Hilios is a fantastic gamer as well that has helped numerous times over the years. TEXASBOI is a close friend. We have had some great conversations via ps4 chat. Xx-JayHova-xX has help endless times to boost games long after he has the game completed. This has been such a great help. We always laugh and act crazy making the game experience more enjoyable. We cannot forget the brothers, Kromagg and Lord_Chaos. These 2 brothers in real life, have helped me more than I could ever help them. They will help with co op years after they have platted a game. They do not post, but they are some of the best gamers in the world. Look up their gamer cards. They are silent legends of the gaming community. Our THL 5 champions group deserves a big thank you as well. Trophydad, leptonic and Varkovsky. THL is something that we always wanted to win.Thanks to each person that has helped and sorry that sometimes we have to delete ppl to boost another game. We can always add each other back. Thanks to all the staff that run this engine while we enjoy the ride. So appreciate all the friends that I've made here.

My life is my work, gaming, and being a father. Those 3 things bring the most enjoyment to me. Find something you like and do it with passion. You will live a life full of dreams.

Edited by ShadowAFC

Wdog-999

My name is Walter and I'm a 16-year old from South Jersey going into 11th Grade. Besides that, I'm a big fan of anime and video games, though I don't tend to watch as much anime these days to make room for gaming. As one can easily tell from looking at my profile, I am a certified trophy whore (what else would you call a person that has the Hannah Montana plat and several visual novel plats done in mere hours? :p), though I definitely play games for fun as well, or else I likely would've gone batshit by now. :p

The community and of course, the trophy guides. I've never had any real problems with the people on this site (unless I'm forgetting something, which could very well happen with my memory :p) and the trophy guides here have helped me many times with getting those plats/100%s.

My three favorite games are as such:

The Walking Dead: One of the greatest stories I've ever experienced in a game or really anything.

Rayman Origins: An incredible platformer that manages to be challenging, yet fair at the same time.

Neptunia Re;Birth1: Though I haven't experienced the story yet, not knowing a lick of Japanese (from the time of this interview, the EN version is still 6 days away), I've had a lot of fun with this game compared to the other Neptunia games and when a game can convince me to go through a lengthy grind twice (soon to be thrice) without burnout, it's doing something incredibly right.

I'd say my favorite gaming system so far is the PS3. I like the vast amount of games suiting to my interests available on it and the fact that it's region free means I can import whatever the hell I want (P4A notwithstanding) without worry.

Well, for one, I like all of my Korean Neptunia trophies since I'm likely one of the few people outside of Asia to actually have them. Also, I'm fairly proud of my English Neptunia Victory platinum, not for difficulty per se, but rather because I'm currently the fastest achiever of that plat (1 day and 13 hours; between all three versions, one person beat me at 1D,12H for the JP version, though I'm still on top for the EN version). I'm also particularly proud of my DJMax Technika Tune plat since it's both long and somewhat hard. Fittingly, it's my 100th platinum. Finally, I like my Portal 2 trophies since I found them to be unique and fun to achieve.

Probably Neptunia VII. As a fan of the Neptunia games, it's nice to not only finally see a new game in the mainline series after only God knows how many Vita spinoffs and Vita remakes, but also to see another JRPG hitting the PS4.

Well, on the Vita, which is what I'm playing the most, I've decided to resume Neptunia Re;Birth2 since I got the platinum for the Korean version of Re;Birth1 last night (possibly earlier than that by the time this interview goes up. :p). As for PS4, I ended up getting Contrast (PS3) through PS Now, so I'll be finishing that up soon. As for PS3, I'm probably gonna start on the UK version of Family Game Night 4 since I just got it today (or yesterday or a couple days ago depending on when the interview goes up :p).

Rather than choosing one person, I'm gonna say all of the regulars over at the Japanese Import Leaderboard. Out of all the threads here, I've had a lot of fun over at that one and it just wouldn't be the same without the people there.

Well, I also happen to have an account over at the NISA Forums. You can visit the forums here. I'm active there as well, so you shouldn't have a problem finding me. ;)

Edited by ShadowAFC

Seeeya

I'm NOT the oldest member here at age 50. I'm semi-retired living in Florida, USA. My 1st hard core game was Quake on the PC. I started my console experience with only 1 system, xbox. I needed a DVD player, so why not get a console? After comparing PS2 with xbox I got the xbox's holiday package (rebate for the remote, 2 games, better graphics card & built in Ethernet). I added the Logitech wireless controllers and my main games were Ghost Recon, Halo, & Gears of War. I started playing more video games when I ripped my hamstring from top to bottom, black & blue and decided to stop playing volleyball, softball, flag-football, and on a rare occasion basketball. When I was in school I was the Chess Captain, a member of USCF. I only played the Sicilian-Dragon both as white & black (transforming to other variations when necessary).

I initially created an account on the sister site only to prevent someone from using my gamertag. Later I register here for the same purposes. I used these sites for guides. Never really liked boosters because they would come into our games and mess things up by backing out, leaving teams uneven. It wasn't until I entered a boosting session in UnCharted 2 that I started to open myself up to the possibility. I was the only random in the room. It didn't take but a few seconds to realize what was happening because my team was running past the enemy without shooting. Everyone was speaking Spanish. Because I wasn't being the typical Random someone messages me boost. Even though there was a language barrier we communicated enough to successfully boost plunder. I've only really heavily boosted two games, UC 2 and Resistance 2.

This is not as easy as it would seem. I'm predominantly a FPS but have enjoyed Fallout, Oblivion, Mass Effect, UnCharted, TLOU & Borderlands. So I will go with my favorite developer, Bungie and say Destiny, Fallout series, & TLOU.

Destiny I played the beta and instantly felt like I was playing a halo multiplayer. It was like I didn't miss a beat with the fluid motion & open environment. They have added a flare of customization that I believe will add to the FPS experience. How can you go wrong with teaming up with friends and killing aliens!

Fallout I love the story line. Not particularly fond of the lag but with the PS4 I think they'll fix that.

The Last of Us I really like human survivor type games with a good story.

It would be the friends I made on the original xbox. The clan parties, the espionage games we played with Ghost Recon, the Halo marathons. Nobody cared what your ethnic, political, economical, or age was. It was about coming together as a unit with like minded goals, communicating with one another. Nothing will take away from that First Kiss. It will always be remembered as the best experience. That said, I will NEVER spend any money on a Micro$oft product again. You can read my experience in my Sig.

It would have to be Killing Machine from Resistance 2. Before any talk of servers shutting down I had this impression that I needed to take care of this game because the multiplayer was dying, I found boosters and we knocked this out in relatively quick fashion.

Destiny by far is the only game I'm truly waiting on. I'll be solely dedicated to it while using other games as filler for THL. Already hooked up with friends from Crysis, UnCharted, and a few more during the beta process. It will be the best game ever!

Borderlands series, RDR, PSN+ backlog.

Don't know if they're a member or just a friend of a member but I have to shout out to Gibbo_0113. We boosted Resistance 2 Killing Machine. We helped others but when we were pared it was as smooth as possible. I prefer to boost with mics but in this situation we didn't need them. I found Gibbo_0113 referenced in a boosting thread.

The thing I like about GAMES in general. It brings out the real person when the pressure builds. You can represent anything you want by changing the outside. The real YOU will always show up when the pressure does. The thing I like about pressure situations is it shows me my weaknesses. Then the choice comes! Do I work on my weaknesses or do I build on my strengths? Good luck with that one !!!

Edited by ShadowAFC

Multitasking

My name is Mike, and as of this writing I'm 28. Currently in school for Electrical Engineering Technology and working my first internship at a local company. I'm about halfway through school. Love it. Was in the US Army for 6 years from 18-24, got out due to the fact that I hurt my leg, among other reasons. Finally had the surgery this year to correct the condition ( Femoral Acetabular Impingement Syndrome - FAIS ) which meant there was too much bone in my hip and leg so they had to shave it down. Still waiting to get all of the feeling back in my thigh after it though, but it went really well and the time off let me earn like 6-7 plats.

I got into gaming probably around 1990, before I could read even. I remember playing "Crystalis" for the NES and having my parents read the text to me. I've been playing games for quite a long time, and have gone through most of the systems, but for the last decade or so, its been mainly playstation due to my love of JRPGs and RPGs.

Rough one to think of the real reason beyond habit... but its probably the community itself, even the people on here that I tend to not get along with all that well, the topics and the conversations really keep it going.

And seeing the new strategies for games, and contributing myself to many of them ( Alice : madness returns, South Park, Legasista, Rogue Legacy ) and others that I've helped people to get through some of the trophies a touch easier.

The coop threads and boosting threads really go well for me as well. I'd like to get to more game nights, because the few I've played at have been fun, but my schedule is hectic enough and I typically work whenever they have them.

Another tough call...

First - Shining Force 2 for the Sega Genesis - the game that probably got me the most into strategy RPGs, probably the greatest game for the Genesis that there was, and also one of the ones that showed me that games can be cruel cruel creations when they don't hold you hand through it at times ( theres a bit where you have to place a wood plank into a tree.. and this was the era before the internet.. took a long long time for my 10 year old self to realize this )

Second - Crono Trigger for the SNES. Another one of the games that if you haven't played, you should, epic story, multiple endings and tons of little things that keep you coming back for more. Great game, could play it again and again.

Last - Drawing a blank on this one.. maybe The Last of Us - the most recent masterpiece of the ps3 era and the first real -Must Play- for my ps3. It showed that games can tell a great story, and be a blast to play as well. I loved it.

Of all the systems I've played... nes, sega, SNES, n64, xbox, ps1,ps2,ps3,ps4, game boy, vita, and pc.

Greatest would probably be the ps3, I've loved all of the older systems, but none have really hit home like the ps3 has. Lifelike characters that you actually could feel emotion with, and truly epic stories.. you never got that in the older systems, even epic games like FF3 for the SNES had epic stories, but you never really related to the characters because of the graphics.

Take a game like Heavy Rain or the Last of Us that connected you to the story and brought you into the world that you felt some of the emotions running through those characters and transfer that to the SNES, or the NES and the game just wouldn't have had that same connection.

But this could change when the PS4 really starts showing us it's power.

Don't know if I have a favorite trophy, though I enjoy them, I don't feel overly accomplished with the bulk of them.

Favorite though would have to be my X-com plat, since it was such a painful game to complete and really required a lot of time and effort to get it that most people just give up. Even on normal that game was a pain to win and I found myself staring at the game over screen on so many occasions that I couldn't even count.

There are quite a few games on the horizon that I'm looking forward to.

Battlefield: Hardline - I loved the beta that I played, and as a huge BF fan I can't wait to see how the new story setup works and how it "relates" to a MP game.

FF15 ( or Versus 13 ) - whatever it's called, the game simply looks epic, and I've never been disappointed with a FF game ( though I have yet to really dive into X-2.. but still ) and I've played every single one that has been released beyond some of the game boy titles that no one knows of. So this game is probably my one of my top 2 eagerly awaited.

Lastly - Kingdom Hearts 3 - Everyone got a ps3 thinking that KH3 would launch... at some point, only to be disappointed year after year.. and then at E3 we got that tiny teaser saying that it was finally coming to the ps4.. years and years of waiting for the story to continue forward will finally be paid off. Should be a hell of a time.

Let's see, trophy card should show most of it.

Started a few that I have sitting on my backburner like Silent hill 2 and 3, FFX-2.

But actively - Diablo 3 and Destiny for the ps4.

Tales of Symphonia, and Batman : Arkham City on my ps3.

Few sitting unopened as well like Dead Space 3, Dragon's Crown and ToS:2

Many people see me around here, but the few people that I talk to the most would be Darth_Krid, PainofDemise and Kfree. All of whom I give a great deal of hassle to, but enjoy the back and forth banter at times. PoD and Krid are quite active in both the wrasslin forums and on several different games and topics, and Kfree is always roaming through and offering his congratulations from the platinum trophy threads. All of them make the site just a bit better.

Can't say anything jumps out at me, y'all might see more of me at the gaming nights soon, pending on the games since I'm gonna be off on a lot of Saturdays for the next few months.. So hopefully it'll lead to some good times.

Edited by BrokenLegacy--

DaFaztFingaz

Well my name’s Ethan, I’m 20 years old and live in Bellefonte, Pennsylvania. I’ve been gaming for as long as I can remember, starting off with the PS1 as my brother’s and my very first console. I enjoy quite a large variety of game genres, the only one I really have no interest in is the Fighting genre. As far as trophies go, I didn’t start going for them until a good year after I got my PS3. I got my wisdom teeth out of all things and I had nothing better to do, so I decided to try to clean up a few games that I almost had the platinum in, and it just progressed from there. As you can probably tell from my PSN Profile, I love a good challenging trophy.

Aside from gaming and trophies, I have a good number of other hobbies. Competitive Whitewater Slalom Kayaking being one of them. I’ve been doing that for a good 6 years now and have traveled all over the U.S. as well as Canada and parts of Europe to compete. I love racing and I hope to make it to the Olympics one day in the sport.

I’ve been a self-taught guitarist for about 8 years. I love writing, playing, and listening to music as it’s such a sublime outlet in which to express yourself through. I’m pretty eclectic when it comes to musical tastes, Classical, Metal, Industrial, Punk, and Jazz being my most preferred. My current rig is an Ibanez RGA72QME that I bought this year and I absolutely love it! I have a small 20w Raven amp right now, but I’m going to be buying my friends 200w Bugera cab & head soon, so I’m excited to start using that. I’m also the Lead Guitarist in a Punk band with three of my friends. We recently released our first fully mastered demo which can be found here as a “name your price” download, so feel free to give it a listen.

Another hobby of mine which everyone around here can probably guess is Graphic Design. I taught myself Photoshop 2 & ½ years ago after seeing the work of some fantastic artists here. In winter of 2012, olsen offered me a position on the GFX Team. I didn’t even have to think twice about it before accepting it. I love being creative with my designs and being able to have them seen and enjoyed by others, and I hope that my creations inspire others to express themselves through artistic means as well.

Aside from those hobbies, I have a lot of miscellaneous things that I enjoy doing like cooking, writing, making homemade chai, and playing the stock market. I’m currently a student studying horticulture, landscaping, & hardscaping, so that can be added to my repertoire of interests as well.

Anyway, enough rambling about myself. :p

Initially the guides, but I eventually got drawn into the forums due to the awesome community here. Now it’s part of my daily routine to come here.

Final Fantasy VII, Diablo 2, Worms: Armageddon.

I chose those 3 primarily because of the nostalgia and memories that go along with them, and because they’re fantastic games. FFVII was my first ever RPG and one of the games that really turned me on to gaming. The story, soundtrack, gameplay, character design, world design, etc. are all extremely well done. It’s not a perfect game, but it’s the only game that I come back to every year just to play through again from start to finish.

Diablo 2 because of me and my bro playing through it countless times together. Even for being a game that’s 14 years old, it’s still a hell of a good game. I have yet to play a game of that type with that atmosphere, dark humor, and sheer amount of content. It’s also quite addictive, as those who’ve played it probably know, haha.

I chose Worms: Armageddon because my friends would come over when we were kids and we’d play match after match against each other, passing the controller around when it was their team’s turn. Unfortunately those times are long gone, but the memories are still there. Aside from that, there was a lot of content packed into the game, I also particularly liked the atmosphere and soundtrack of the game, it set a good dark tone to the game. I remember it took me forever to finally beat the campaign due to the AI being ridiculously good.

Honorable Mentions: Gran Turismo 2, Demon’s Souls, and Red Faction

I’ve only ever owned Playstation consoles, but I’d have to say that the PS1 is my favorite. I have a lot of great memories of playing on it with my friends and because some of my all-time favorite titles are on it.

“Snow Pirate Dominator” - Lost Planet 2 is my #1 favorite trophy. I never thought I’d get the platinum in that game due to the sheer amount of work you have to put into it, but long story short I finally was able to add the platinum to my collection this year. Some other honorable mentions are “X-TREME Astro Admiral” - Retro/Grade, Gran Turismo 5’s platinum, and Red Faction: Guerrilla’s platinum, all of which took a lot of skill and dedication.

Of games not released, which ones are you looking forward to most and why?

I haven’t been following upcoming releases much to be honest, but I’m really looking forward to Bloodborne and The Order: 1886. The atmosphere of both games look really great so far, so hopefully the devs can bring great story and gameplay to the mix. I just wish I had a PS4 to play them on when they come out, haha. One upcoming game that I’m excited for is the Kingdom Hearts 2.5 HD ReMix. My sister and I love the Kingdom Hearts franchise, so we’re excited to finally get to play Birth by Sleep since we’ve never owned a PSP. The extra content of the KH2 Remix is an added bonus to the HD collection as well.

I just finished Crysis 3, so right now I’m going through my backlog of 10+ games to get some quick trophies for THL. Started up the Crysis remaster recently and I’ve been enjoying it so far. Other than that I’ve been playing Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories HD with my sister. Its taken me a little bit to learn the card system, but now that I have a good understanding of it I’m really enjoying it. It’s a nice change from the typical button-mashing of the KH franchise as it adds a new dynamic and makes you use some strategy during your battles.

Big thanks to olsen77 for giving me the GFX Team position. Special thanks to TheFlyingToaster, RED_REBEL44, GlennThomas, Aepriz, and all of the other artists that inspired me to do Graphic Design. Shout out to puzzler for our music conversations. And a shout out to everyone here that’s been friendly to me. :)

Nothing specifically, so I’ll just end on this quote:

"One moment can change a day, one day can change a life, and one life can change the world" - Gautama Buddha

I wish you all the best, and happy gaming! :)

Edited by BrokenLegacy--

PsychoDelusion

Tell us a little about yourself

I'm a High School student for now and alongside my friends, we're trying to prepare for the future. While i'm not really cheerful and enthusiastic as a person, that changes when I grab my DS3 Controller. I'm always in for a good game session, even if I mostly enjoy playing alone. Apart from gaming I enjoy cooking, watching motorsports and I love constructing stuff (even if it's Lego)

That's a nice question. Well PST is one of the most interesting places I've ever visited and I love hearing different opinions on different topics. It really helps you see both sides of the coin clearly even if it's an off topic discussion or even about a discussion on a site issue etc. It would unfair not to mention the guides, because you can't go and plat every game without reading a guide. So that's another reason that keeps me coming back

Gran Turismo 4- My favorite game of all time. I'm a fan of racing games and GT4 is what a gamer like me needs

Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater- I'll never really forget this game. I always thought that this series is not worth of my time. I was never so wrong. The ending was really moving too.

Catherine- A weird but awesome game that really suits me, as I see everything in life as a puzzle. Catherine is all about solving puzzles in order to reach the truth. Sounds just like me.

PS2. The most successful console the world has seen. All my childhood rests in this small and light console

I never really liked trophies. Obviously I love collecting them but I'll never like this idea. It ruined the point of gaming for many people.

Silent Hills. I always enjoy a Silent Hill game and Silent Hills sounds very promising. I've spent a good 600+ hours playing the series so I just can't name another game right now

Deadman's Cross on my Android Device. It's another game from SE that's all about zombies. One of the few games that have kept me occupied for months. Sadly there's no PS3 gaming time as studying is my No.1 priority

Kheapathic. This guy is my idol when it comes to guide writing. He inspired me into writing my very first guide for PST and I'm also a fan of his top quality work.

Bring funkyweed back!

(I'm not really good in closing an interview lol)

Edited by BrokenLegacy--

Threnzy

I'm Rich (that's my name, I'm not actually swimming in money), I'm 25 and I live in Redditch in the UK.

I've used the name Threnzy for gaming for about 11 years now from when I was playing Final Fantasy 11 online. I wish I could tell you some amazing origin of my name but in reality I was just flicking through a Command and Conquer manual and came across a general ability called Frenzy, but that was too plain so I spiced it up x_x.

I've been stuck at home unfortunately for about 4 years now due to an illness and I've spent about 95% of that time absorbed in my main 3 loves for life; Gaming, Anime and Jpop. Anyone who knows me knows that these are pretty much what I live for and am absorbed in. Cute girls doing cute things, dramas, romances, action and adventure anime, it doesn't matter, I'll watch anything and I'll love it all. (The other 5% is Formula 1 and Football btw xD)

First of all it was just the trophy guides and the occasional boosting partner but I quickly fell fond of the community here. It's great to talk to people with similar interests and boast about goals you've surpassed and feats you've achieved.

It's good for me because I consider myself quite a shy person and probably quite boring too If I cant talk about my main interests because that's all I really have going for me xD. I'm always interested in meeting and talking to new and more people so always feel free to drop me a message anytime about anything!

Which three games would you have buried with you in your coffin. In other words, which are your three favourite games and why?

Counterstrike (1.6, Source, GO) - I spent so much of time on these games that it's impossible not to list them here. Somehow it doesn't ever repetitive, there's always a way to improve and in the same way there's always people better than you for you to challenge and defeat. I have great memories of LAN parties and so many good times and laughs spent with friends casually and competitively that this is probably my top game.

Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F + 2nd – I love all the music in this game so much (except Kaitos songs, he sucks! xD) I keep coming back to it all the time even after I've platted it because I've yet to perfect all the songs on extreme and more. I never get tired of these songs and music games are just so great in general.

Atelier Totori: The Adventurer of Arland – This is MY game. If there was something in this world could take everything I love right now and put it into a single package, then this would be it. I love the art and design, I love the JRPG element and above all I love the story and its characters, this game is perfect and it's everything to me ^_^.

Which is your favourite gaming system and why?

This is tough, because my PS2 was a time of local multiplayer, memories of Timesplitters 2 instantly spring to mind, Fifa, DBZ Budokai... I wouldn't trade those days for anything.

But then when I got my first gaming PC, I fell into the world of MMOs (Mostly Final Fantasy 11 and WoW) Over 6 years of my life were spent on those 2 games alone, I met some great people – people I'm still good friends with and talk everyday even though its 8 years after we finished playing that MMO that we first met in xD. I do wonder what my life would be like if I hadn't of gotten so absorbed in them but at the same time, these friends mean a lot to me.

Then my PS3 which has been more of a solo adventure for trophies. I've always been a completionist and trophies are just the perfect way to add to that. Add on top of that leaderboards and some competition and it's just a great gaming experience. Honestly I can't choose between the 3.

Which trophies are your favourite and why?

Anything that isn't collectible based! I seriously loathe these trophies that force you to take your attention away from the main story and progression of the game just to lookup some location of a random item, usually with no effect on anything you do. If collectibles come after the main story is finished and you just backtrack to find them in your own time then I’m happy with that.

Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax. A fighting game with a lot of my favourite anime characters including Shakugan no Shana? Was this game made for me especially? :D When this game comes out next month, ill be sinking so much of my life into it that I may not emerge again. I'll be looking for any and all challengers for this game, so if you're picking this up with the intent to take it seriously, send me a message for hours of intense battling!

I'm currently playing Asura's Wrath in my continuation of THL trophy hunting, but I've recently taken the plunge and bought myself a PS4 so expect to see me on games like Destiny, Shadows of Mordor and Watch dogs soon.

One person isn't really enough here, rather I'd like to shout out everyone who's designed and created the fantastic anime based signatures I've had over the years since I've been here. That includes Red_Rebel44, Setsuna, ESYLD and more recently Haptism. All these guys (and girls) really do great work for no reward and deserve a lot of praise. I've loved every one of my signatures that have been made for me and always feel guilty when I decide it's time for a new one.

Tell Your World!

Edited by BrokenLegacy--