ub4of

Quick & Easy Pop Out Sig Tutorial

by ub4of

:)

Click!

[ame=
]
[/ame]

• Create a new image by going to File >> New and make it 500 pixels by 185 pixels, Making sure Background Contents are set to "Transparent"

• Now create a background of your choice I used these settings.>> Filter > Render > Clouds. Then i made a Gradient map using the
    yellow orange yellow
    and set it as screen mode on 100% opacity.

• Once you have made your background, go to Image >> Canvas Size, and change the second set of boxes from "percent" to "pixels". Now change the width and height of the image to 550 x 250 and press ok.

• Now drag in the render of your choice, Im using Pikachu.
    :)
    and then place it wherever you want it.

• Now click on your background layer and go to > Blending options >> Stroke, making it 1px in size. This gives your signature a Border.

• Now click on your Render layer and go to > Blending options >> Drop shadow, leaving it as its default settings.

• The next step is adding the text you want on your sig and giving it any effects that you wish.

• All you want to do now is trim down some of the Transparency background, by going to > Image > Trim > and then selecting Transparent pixels.

Now finally you will want to save the signature as a .PNG, NOT A .JPEG.

As the .PNG makes it transparent on the forum.

The outcome

http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/2633/sigvid.png

Edited by ub4of

Apologies for sounding like a total idiot, but what program are you using? I have been wanting to learn how to do these for a while and your guide seems easiest to follow. In addition (this may be beyond the scope of what you intended to do, so please feel free to ignore) how did you create the Pikachu render? Many thanks ... I will now go hide in shame. :o

Apologies for sounding like a total idiot, but what program are you using? I have been wanting to learn how to do these for a while and your guide seems easiest to follow. In addition (this may be beyond the scope of what you intended to do, so please feel free to ignore) how did you create the Pikachu render? Many thanks ... I will now go hide in shame. :o

I can't tell, but I was able to follow it on GIMP ok. It looks like Photoshop but I'm not sure.

As for renders, look on planetrenders or just search into google. I just searched 'pikachu render' and the render used here is on the 2nd page :)

I can't tell, but I was able to follow it on GIMP ok. It looks like Photoshop but I'm not sure.

As for renders, look on planetrenders or just search into google. I just searched 'pikachu render' and the render used here is on the 2nd page :)

Okay thanks a lot! I need to figure out how to use Photoshop better. :)

Harry has answered it for me. ;) And yes it is PS Cs5.

Also if you want to know how to render images yourself then check this tut out >> BlindMansGFX - Rendering Images

• 4 weeks later...
Great tutorial ub4of. No doubt it will be useful for beginners on the site. I may even use it, as I plan on purchasing PhotoShop software soon. I want to start using the program predominately in the future, rather than just Paint.NET and GIMP occasionally.

Thanks for the tutorial here ub, I was starting my first signature yesterday and trying to do pop outs as well just seemed too confusing and I gave up. I'll have another blast at some point over the weekend using this ;)

More tutorials are welcomed!

Forgot i done this lol.

Cheers for the comments guys. :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I'm a complete noob. Somebody explain the gradient map for me? I make the background and then when I hit gradient map nothing happens :confused:

Which are you using editing program?

----

It is awesome signature of pop tutorial.

My outcome here....

http://i49.tinypic.com/2ymde06.png