General Trophy Discussion

olsen77

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...
I hope that we don't need to play the game so many times (There are supposedly 30 different endings)

A horror game should not have you play the game so many times since the scares will be gone and you are left with just boring scripted events in the quest to get the platinum.

Altough i partly agree with you, i'd say it's almost a necessity for the trophies to cover them all. Since ideally, when you obtain a platinum, you should've seen & done everything a game has to offer.

Edited by xDragonwiingz

I hope that we don't need to play the game so many times (There are supposedly 30 different endings)

A horror game should not have you play the game so many times since the scares will be gone and you are left with just boring scripted events in the quest to get the platinum.

Altough i partly agree with you, i'd say it's almost a necessity for the trophies to cover them all. Since ideally, when you obtain a platinum, you should've seen & done everything a game has to offer.

I agree with both of your statements. I'm not looking forward to the multitude of endings that the game offers. Since supposedly every action could alter the final ending and depending how many actions that you could take within a given playthrough, it will take forever to obtain all endings.

I also agree that having a platinum in a game like this will also be worthwhile because you've done everything the game has to offer. I do hope that the trophy list isn't too obnoxious and even if it does, I mostly want the story to be good enough for me not to worry too much about the trophies.

• 3 weeks later...

Odds are half the list will be story related, a bunch for misc actions, a couple for collectibles, one gold for having everyone survive, a sliver for having everyone die at specific points, some connected to various endings and maybe some difficulty related ones.

Looking forward to this one :dance: and hopefully we get some news on Quantic dream's next game soon.

Edited by travla

'It's One of the Above right?'

Survive the Killers Devious Games as (Hayden's character)

Nice Scream 4 reference would be nice as she was a primary character in that

Or another Kirby quite twisted for the trophies

'Running like Bambi in a Horror Movie'

Escape the killer for the first

'Does that mean I'm going to be next?'

Witness the death of a close friend

'Who even invited you....'

Encountered the killer for the first time

'Get the fuck out of my house'

Took the killer down a few pegs while in the cabin

'You are not in there....'

Accidentally discover the killer while fleeing him; how ironic

'Kirby-Ball'

You thought you'd escaped? What a curve-ball

• 6 months later...

There could be a trophy where you have to the finish the game with everyone alive and then another where they're alive at the end, but fail (in other words, like the ending to Heavy Rain where you have to get all four characters at the warehouse and have them fail.)

Also, I think half the trophies could be to complete a chapter with no QTE mistakes!

• 3 weeks later...

There will most likely be a trophy of some sort that requires you to save all characters in the story (which I believe the developers confirmed can be done), and I wouldn't put it past them to throw in one where every character has to die before the end as well. Multiple trophies for collecting all those Totems is also likely as well.

Still no trophy list and people already have copies (I guess review copies or something) like NukemDukem who I saw has a in boxing of the game

If Sony hasn't put the trophies up on it's server yet, then having a copy won't matter. With the PS3 you could at least look at the offline list, but the PS4 only shows trophies on Sony's servers and doesn't store offline data, so you're S.O.L.

If Sony hasn't put the trophies up on it's server yet, then having a copy won't matter. With the PS3 you could at least look at the offline list, but the PS4 only shows trophies on Sony's servers and doesn't store offline data, so you're S.O.L.

I didn't know you couldn't see them offline like the PS3. I thought they were available once you put the disc in