HVT Boosting Thread (Read First Post!)

osakamitsu

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/news/boosting1.png

Trophy Boosting Thread

What your post should at least include (but not limited to):

1. Your PSN ID
  2. Online trophies you're wanting to boost
  3. Your time zone

To make everyone's life easier during boosting, please ensure you're familiar with the methods used to boost this game before you start.

If the boosting method requires a group to be organized and set up, please keep all discussions and planning in the boosting thread. Please do not create another thread.

Boosting Method:

If you feel that there's a much better and more preferred boosting method for certain online trophies not found in this thread or in the Trophy Guide, please post it in the

Feedback Forums. Please do not post here, as it will be missed.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/2863265-post2.html

Edited by BreadSkin

• Replies 979
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Directions:

This is a two part share/boost experience. One is the sharer and the other is the receiver. The sharer must have legitimately earned the HVT that he/she is sharing. Share/receiver must be on the same friends list, and use near to exchange the shared HVT. You do not have to be "near" each other use use near. Just on the same friends list. Shared HVT's cannot be shared. Shared HVT's do not remained unlocked for very long. You have 3 hours to complete the shared HVT mission. (Im not actually sure if they stay unlocked for 3 hours or the gift from near expires in 3 hours. Not sure if one or the other or both or maybe you have more time with the HVT. I need more confirmation.)

Please be generous and help others out if you have earned a hard to unlock HVT.

Sharer instructions:

If you are a generous sharer you must have the missions unlocked for yourself. There are 36 missions and after 5 starring each mission you will have 180 stars. The last HVT is unlocked at 180 stars. There are a total of 9 High Value Target's (HVT's) that you must kill for 1 trophy a piece, as well as 1 trophy for them all together.

They are:

1. Phoenix

2. Wizard

3. Viper

4. Hyena

5. Big Slick

6. Scimitar

7. Vampire

8. Grifter

9. Scorpion

Step 1. DO NOT UPDATE NEAR. Make sure it has been at least an hour since you have updated near. Or, if you made the mistake of updating your OK, you just need to wait an hour before you can share the HVT. Do not attempt to share an HVT unless it has been an hour since near has been updated.

Step 2. Unlock an HVT. Obviously this can be done before step 1.

Step 3. Find who you are sharing the HVT mission with and add them to your friends list.

Step 4. Complete the HVT mission. Once on the mission summary screen click the "share HVT mission" button in the upper right corner. See below:

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7194/6825025578_07ffd3cbdd.jpg

If you are sharing make sure you complete the HVT mission you plan to share NOT in the same hour that you last updated near. Near has a 1 hour time limit for updating. If you try to share during the same hour you will either get a location error or it will tell you to wait until you can update near in order for you to upload the HVT. If this happens you will have to complete the HVT mission all over again in order to share the HVT.

Receiver Instructions:

Step 1. DO NOT UPDATE NEAR. Make sure it has been at least an hour since you have updated near.

Step 2. Find who you are receiving the HVT mission with and add them to your friends list.

Step 3. Only update near once they message and tell you they have shared their HVT mission. You can also just update and check for random HVT's being shared, if a lot of people on your friends list are sharing. I have received maybe 50 HVT's in 2 days just from updating near for other games.

Step 4. Open near and hit the upper right update button. Once updated just wait for it to tell you that you have found game goods. Sometimes it takes a few minutes.

Step 5. Click on the discoveries button and scroll to the HVT mission that was shared with you and download it.

Step 6. Load up unit 13 and go to your HVT missions to find the shared mission unlocked and ready to play. Complete the HVT as soon as possible, they wont be there forever! You have 3 hours to complete the mission. If you for some reason lose the shared mission try updating near again and you may still be able to receive it. Otherwise ask someone to re-share it. (Im not actually sure if they stay unlocked for 3 hours or the gift from near expires in 3 hours.)

Tips for the two tricky HVT missions. Expect SPOILERS.

There are 2 hard HVT missions. All the others are VERY easy.

HVT 2 - WIZARD

This mission SUCKS! But if you can follow my guide you wont have any issues. I wrote it from memory while at work so hopefully its not confusing. The reason its hard is because there are a few areas that have infinite enemies. But if you kill them in certain ways they are not infinite any longer. The main thing to remember is this: Be as stealthy as possible. you dont need the stealth character, just use the silenced pistol. All characters have it. Also for this strategy you need the remote charges. Pay attention to your map and pick up ammo from the caches located in green.

At the start, disable the proximity mines then knife the guy that crosses your immediate path going left. Then make a run for the stairs to the right. This will alert everyone sometime but it doesnt matter here. Balance taking out the enemies and getting rid of the mine at the top of the stairs. The goal for this area is to move your character into the back right room (balcony area) as quickly as possible to get the guys to stop spawning. They are infinite here until your guy moves in this area. Then take everyone else out to clear the area. Once most of the area is clear two guys will come from the back right area (as if you are looking down from the balcony on the open area, take them out and then as you head down the stairs two more guys spawn from the left at the bottom of the staircase leading to the pathway to the next area, but they run the opposite way. I got my two for trophy on these two guy with a machine gun. They usually run together and away from you as you go down the stairs.

After running down the path to the next area, disable the first mine. Dont worry about the second mine yet. Watch your map and wait for the guy that walks around on the right to face the other direction then wall up against the wall in front of the stairs you came down. Inch to the right and take out the rocket guy up top. You can actually shoot him between the edge of the wall and big pole next to it. He wont respawn. Now heres the other thing you need to understand about this game and this mission. Because most likely you alerted them by taking that jerk out. This area has infinite enemies until you take them out a certain way. If you keep killing them as they come you will be here FOREVER. What you need to do is run and hide and wait for them to calm down. If any shot at you, then you need to kill them. If they shoot they wont go away and they will keep spawning. So run and hide, wait for the enemies to calm down. once they are back to normal wait for that guy on the right to walk around that far right corner and go the opposite direction from you, run up to the corner of the path (But not around there is a guy waiting for you) and toss a proximity mine to the guy that faces your direction constantly, run back and wait for the second guy to get close and detonate. They wont return. Again wait for them to calm down (running back to the initial entry hallway is a good hiding area). When they do hug the walls to the right along the stalls or whatever they are, and then snipe the guy on the left of the area with the redish hat. He wont come back. Then work your way to the left arch way where the enemies group up behind the boxes. Throw a proximity mine in the walk way as far up as you can without alerting them and run away and hide. Wait til it gets one of their attentions, run back detonate and take them all out at once and they wont come back. You should kill 4 enemies at once here. This should take care of this area. Watch the mines just past them.

Head to the round building. Take the rocket guy out on the balcony inside from the doorway and anyone in the lower right area. The guys in the left hall area will repawn infinitely. After you cleared the room except for the left guys you need to rush them. Wait for them to calm down first. This is the hardest part of the mission. Take them out and push down the stairs call of duty style. The trick here is to position yourself at the bottom of the stairs where you can see the back left area. The HVT will stick his head up and you can pop it off. Just stay down and avoid the gunfire while you are waiting for the HVT to show his head. Once the HVT is dead the enemies will stop spawning infinitely. Clear the room and push through.

HVT 8 - Grifter

You need the remote explosives for this strategy. Just remember that if you alert everyone, just hide and wait for them to calm down. If they shot at you, you need to kill them. The main area when you first get inside with the stage has infinite enemies. At first it seems that it doesnt but trust me it does. There are a group of shotgun guys that will keep coming if they stay alerted. Once you finish clearing the area, if you hang out there too long you will find yourself in trouble since a lot of enemies will start spawning. Its easy if you keep moving though. Sometimes they spawned as I was leaving but they dont seem to follow you. The only really hard part here is how to actually kill the HVT. Thanks to Lord_Xero_Rare for this great strategy. First when you get to the room upstairs where the HVT is hiding you need to disable the mine outside the doorway. Inch up and throw a mine on the bench. The problem with this room is that the enemies are infinite and you need to move FAST. After throwing the mine, rush the room. Kill the guy behind the bench and watch the shotgun guy to your left. The HVT is all the way back and to the left toward where you came from. The trick here is to shoot the HVT 1 time quickly and run back out of the room before the enemies re-spawn. After being shot the HVT moves to new cover behind the bench right next to your charge. Blow him up and finish the mission.

I can no longer share HVT missions. I got my platinum and traded my game. This post was made in MARCH! Its mid JUNE and Im STILL getting all kinds of requests. PLEASE READ!

Credits:

osakamitsu

rjgiggs11

caboc

Lord_Xero_Rare

Make sure after you finish a hvt mission, in the top right corner directly after you finish the mission there will be a share with near token. Click it to post in near, it will open near and then share it with those near you and those on your friends list. But make sure you share the "token" otherwise this thread is pointless

Edited by rjgiggs11
Typo

Make sure after you finish a hvt mission, in the top right corner directly after you finish the mission there will be a share with near token. Click it to post in near, it will open near and then share it with those near you and those on your friends list. But make sure you share the "token" otherwise this thread is pointless

Thanks added to the main post and credit given. Also sent a friend request.

So basically if someone beats the 180 starred HVT and shares it whoever picks up the shared HVT will not have to complete 180 stars to get the last HVT since they got it through near from someone who shared it? If someone picks up the HVT can anyone else get it or is it one per person, whoever finds it first in NEAR gets it and the rest are shit outta luck?

Edit: You can technically do all the HVTs offline just by completing all 36 missions with 5 stars then right? Also since the gifts have expiration does that mean you have to beat the HVY that you got as a gift from NEAR within the time frame before it expires?

I've completed 11 missions (all 5 starred) and sitting at 55 stars. I could go for 180 stars and try to share all the HVTs I guess but that'll take a long time.

Edited by QuantumMercury

Yeah you can do it all offline. Someone just sent me the 7th one. Hes trying to send me the last two as well. I noticed that sometimes I dont have the share button in the upper right corner when completing the HVT mission. Anyone know why? I was signed into psn...

no idea about the time frame. I downloaded it and completed it on the first attempt once he sent it to me.