Step Aside

twentylemon

After boosting this today and running into problems, I figured I should post this to let people know what will happen and an easy workaround.

So the problem? After three consequtive ranked matches, I could never join a ranked match with my boosting partner again. He couldn't join my game either. We tried a whole bunch of stuff, but nothing worked. But, never fear, I have an easy solution.

Each boosting partner must have two accounts. After I switching accounts, we got matches just fine. So let's label 1-1 and 1-2 are boosting partner #1's accounts, and likewise for 2-1. X-1 wants the trophy. Here's the best way.

1-1 wins 3 games against 2-2

1-1 wins 2 games against 2-1

Ping!

2-1 wins 1 game against 1-1

2-1 wins 3 games against 1-2

2-1 wins 1 game against 1-1

Ping!

Step Aside seems to be bugged at the time of this post, it's not 5 wins in a row, just 5 wins. But I'm sure it will be fixed eventually.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Well, they say that patch 1.03 is out but my game shows I have Enhanced Edition, version 1.02. Game does not want me to update to 1.03 version so have no idea what is going on.

I've tried yesterday with my friend and despite having 5 wins in a row trophy didnt pop up :(

Somebody said that downloading game again and reinstalling it could help but I really doubt it.

Edit For all these people expereincing this glitch. Delete your save data and start playing online. It works!!!

Edited by Ken Marinaris

Well, they say that patch 1.03 is out but my game shows I have Enhanced Edition, version 1.02. Game does not want me to update to 1.03 version so have no idea what is going on.

I've tried yesterday with my friend and despite having 5 wins in a row trophy didnt pop up :(

Somebody said that downloading game again and reinstalling it could help but I really doubt it.

Edit For all these people expereincing this glitch. Delete your save data and start playing online. It works!!!

Save data or game data?

• 4 months later...

Well, i resinstalled the game and nothing happened, then i deleted my save game and got the trophy after my 5th win, so i guess the matter is about save data... btw you must know it is a locked save, so if you are not a plus member you can't back up. Luckly i was only at the first stage on SP campaign when i deleted my datas, no bother too much restarting from the beginning

• 3 weeks later...

I've tried both, but it both did not help. Also, if I deleted my save-data and I started the game again it would not automatically make a new profile for me and the wins and losses weren't updated in the profile card in the top left. I had to make changes to my controls or whatever and save them before I my stats were updated again. Is either of this conflicting with the trophy? (having save-data when you play, or not having it?)

• 10 months later...

As of now this trophy is still glitched, my boosting partner got it after 5 wins not being in a row , but in my case i had 5 five wins in a row but no trophy, so i deleted the SAVE DATA, got 5 straight wins and then it popped ( it doesnt matter if the card on the top left isnt updating) , also if you cant connect with each other in ranked just use a secondary account and vice versa

• 2 months later...
  • 3 years later...