Rate the trophy difficulty...  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty...

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_plat_65.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 6.67

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by olsen77

I gave it a 5. Surprisingly the first 2/5 of the game is a lot harder than the rest of it. It is still a pain how slow you need to crawl in the later stages, but you have really powerful units at your disposal - in other words it becomes more about time than difficulty.

EDIT: With patch 1.02 being released shortly, it should get even easier, perhaps a 4.

• 2 weeks later...

The two first chapters were harder than the last three for me. Just take it slow and it wont be any problem. In chapter 3 you get the shamans which are really strong, and with the stun tactic it is kinda easy. The healing shamans protect from range damage too which is great. The last part of chapter 5-2 was kinda hard, but doable. Bosses are the easiest part of the game.

4/10

Edited by gh0stface

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I voted 5. There is nothing difficult in this game. Campaign on hard is a piece of cake if you finished it on normal before.

Boosting online is easy, even ranked matches, cause just a few people play US currently.

Step Aside trophy is glitched, so deleting save data can be solution for you as it was for myself (just remember to do it after finishing campaign, you wouldn't like to start over again :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just beat the game and just need multiplayer trophies now. Its a 5/10 for me. Not too hard but not too easy either, after the first 2 chapters you get the wari warriors and shamans and they make the game 10x easier. Tiger's guide also helps heaps too as its the closest your gonna get to a walkthrough your gonna get. no ones played the game so theres none out there, not in 20 google pages... (i looked that far cus i got stuck for no reason). Ive got a boosting partner but were never online at the same time, but from the strategy in the guide it looks easy to boost. Overall not too bad of a game, especially seeming its an rts on consoles. I found that i couldnt play it for a long time either and could just keep retrying after I died.

• 7 months later...

Actually, some spots are kinda very hard, especially chapter 2-1, chapter 2 boss and chapter 5-2. A lot of attempts and a good strategy are needed to pass those spots, tho overall the game is short enough to plat and very enjoyable. Survivavilist is way better be done on easy after u finish the game, replaying from section 10 ahead

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...

3/10

RTS is my main genre so this was very easy for me, chapter 2 end boss was the only slightly challenging part.

I really don't know how some people can rate this 8+/10, even for RTS newbies I don't think this is harder than 5/10.

The 2 OP units make chapter 3-4-5 literally 1/10; chapter 1 didn't have any hard part; my 3/10 is solely for chapter 2 boss, that required some minor strategy.

• 7 months later...

Under Siege platinum difficulty (with guides) 5

Under Siege platinum difficulty (without guides) 7

I spent more time fighting the Wyvern Queen (and dying) than I did on the rest of the game. Stupid Wyvern Queen.. she and her infinite spawning gargoyles can suck it.

It starts and ends with the Wyvern Queen. It's the hardest part of the game, by far. Everything beyond that battle is manageable thanks in part to the Wari Warriors and Shamans. (Beasts!) The online stuff is easy and can be done quick IF you don't run into connection problems. (I did, but found a nice work-around) Overall, not too difficult and not too time consuming but just right if you're into RTS games and such. I'm not..

• 1 year later...

The difficulty on this game felt very over-rated. For me, anyway. I'm no RTS expert, but I would place the difficulty of this game at a 3. Beat the game first on Casual to learn how to play - playing on Casual is a difficulty of 2, and I got the Survivalist trophy on Chapter 1 without even trying. Beating again on Hardcore was not very hard - I had to restart a couple of missions, but never more than twice, and usually not at all. Zombie Tycoon 2 was much, much harder than this game, and I only rated that as a 5.

I have to recommend sticking with Archers over Shamans. Both heal, but the Archers do ranged damage, whereas the Shamans don't seem to help at all in battle. However, Waki Warriors are far superior to Soldiers.

Online was ridiculously simple (when boosted).