Rate the trophy difficulty...  

105 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty...

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_plat_5.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 4.78

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by Xander45
update - 9/16/12

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Going to vote like the rest.. around a 9.

Seriously????:confused:

My vote is 1, no skill required at all, it takes 8 hour of playing for "Free Play" in "New Order Mode", and 8 hours of playing for "Free Play" in Arcade Mode.

Even unskilled Shmupers can complete a Shooting game with unlimited continues, theres NO Trophy that demands a 1 Credit playtrough.

The only "tough" Trophy is probably the "Ammo Cut" Trophy, collect a total Bombstock of 6 Bombs, the Rest is easy

The only "tough" Trophy is probably the "Ammo Cut" Trophy, collect a total Bombstock of 6 Bombs, the Rest is easy

Ohhhh, thats how you get that one! :)

So its 8 hours to activate free play huh? Dang.

Seriously????:confused:

My vote is 1, no skill required at all, it takes 8 hour of playing for "Free Play" in "New Order Mode", and 8 hours of playing for "Free Play" in Arcade Mode.

Even unskilled Shmupers can complete a Shooting game with unlimited continues, theres NO Trophy that demands a 1 Credit playtrough.

Agree with you... I'm not very skilled at shmups and can finish it with 3 continues on extra mode...

Anyways, I did what you mentioned, stocked 6 bombs and the "Ammo Cut" Trophy never poped up... do you remember if you did anything else, like play it on new order or arcade and some other criteria you might have met?

Thanks.

Edited by darkouer
mistake

Anyways, I did what you mentioned, stocked 6 bombs and the "Ammo Cut" Trophy never poped up... do you remember if you did anything else, like play it on new order or arcade and some other criteria you might have met?

Sorry, forgot to mention Trophy requires "complete a Stage with a 6 Bombs Stock".

Basically, get 1 Bomb in Stage 1, 2 Bombs in Stage 2, AND complete Stage 2 with 6 Bombs left.

I did it in Arcademode, because New Order Mode is weird, faster enemy bullets and stretched screen.

• 2 weeks later...

Difficulty setting affects bullet speeds.

Ammo Cut may be difficult for many..otherwise a few other tricky stuff. game will keep you on your toes from stage 2 and on. difficult some bosses and may ruin runs.

I give overall difficulty rating 6 to 8 out of 10

Edited by vitaboy

• 4 weeks later...

Voted 3. Got the Plat a couple of weeks ago (About two days after I bought it). I didn't have any trouble with this at all. The only one I'd say I had a little bit of trouble with is Ammo Cut (which is what bumped it from 2 to 3), but I usually made stupid mistakes when I was going for it. :p

But yeah, didn't need more than 2 or 3 credits to finish the game (on a bad run). If you have been playing shmups for a good while, you should be fine. If you're a newbie, I'm still confident you can finish the game on Hard before it gets to the point of Free Play. Twin stick controls make the game SIGNIFICANTLY easier. At least in my opinion it does.

I'm going to pick up the 360 LE now, and 100% it again. :dance:

Edited by AweOfShe1

• 2 weeks later...

All these votes of 7-10 out of 10? Seriously?

2/10 from me. It's a 4-6 hour (P) at most if you're good at shmups, and even if you're terrible at 'em, Free Play can be activated simply by leaving the game idle overnight on the pause screen for 8 hours, and Ammo Cut (G) is a joke with a second controller (see my post in the Trophy Guide for more details). Nothing hard here at all, folks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

2.5/10 (Voted 3)

Under Defeat requires no SHMUP skills but took me 4-5 credits or less to complete 1-1 to 1-5 or 2-1 to 2-5. Ammo Cut (G) was way too easy with 2 controllers but no complaints, as I was trying while I received 5 bombs before I got shoot down from Level 1-1 to 1-2. Under Defeat could extend more of a degree of difficulty if you lack a 2nd controller or, if you prefer to beat the game with 1 continuing credit or 1 live. However, there is no trophy for 1CC or 1 live.

Very fun game and hard to imagine that it was around in 2005 on the arcades and on the Sega Dreamcast in 2006.

EXTRA NOTE: If you've acquired a wireless or wired Hori Turbo pad; it will also help with the Ammo Cut trophy, as well.

Edited by MainComptonese

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Gave it a 3, mainly beacuse of the Ammo Cut trophy. I didn't need any more than 4 countinues to get through any of the game modes. Anyone half decent at these sorts of games could get the plat in 3-5 hours, and anyone that doesn't want a challenge can just leave it paused over night and get everything in free play.

The game suffers from a huge amount of slowdown whenever there's a decent amount of action on screen, so you have plenty of time to dodge any bullets coming your way.

Yes its a easy plat if you're good at these sort of games and I know free play is unlocked after several hours but that still doesn't help if you suck at these games really....the final boss is pretty hard since you always have to restart from the beginning if you lose all your lives. I've completed japanese shooters more difficult than this but they've always been ones where it lets you jump straight back into the action where you continued from. I'd have to say 7 right now unless there is an option unlocked to get more lives per continue as I'm having real trouble with the 1-5 boss right now.

EDIT: I managed it in the end. It's difficult but after practice you should manage it. I would actually say a 6 now that I'm more used to the boss. Still hard but manageable given enough practice.

Edited by MISSINGNIN

Yes its a easy plat if you're good at these sort of games and I know free play is unlocked after several hours but that still doesn't help if you suck at these games really....the final boss is pretty hard since you always have to restart from the beginning if you lose all your lives. I've completed japanese shooters more difficult than this but they've always been ones where it lets you jump straight back into the action where you continued from. I'd have to say 7 right now unless there is an option unlocked to get more lives per continue as I'm having real trouble with the 1-5 boss right now.

EDIT: I managed it in the end. It's difficult but after practice you should manage it. I would actually say a 6 now that I'm more used to the boss. Still hard but manageable given enough practice.

Step#1:

The first thing to do is always have the rocket option available to attack the turrets. When they are all gone... I also would recommend one bomb at the most.

Step#2:

Bomb the 5 gun mounted turrets and use as much of your options while trying to avoid the bullets. After destroying the 5 guns, grab the cannon option for the next step.

Several bombs or more to use.

Step#3:

Place yourself in the center with 2-3 lives and keep bombing and hitting the big cannon and don't stop shooting unless you need to recharge the option. Several bombs or more to use.

Additional notes:

* You have 5 lives and 15+ bombs to use, so don't feel uncertain to use a bomb.

* Don't stay in one spot for too long unless spamming bombs.

* Don't overspam your bombs.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lq8TJmAAbB4]Under Defeat Stage 1-5 (1 life clear) - YouTube[/ame]

Edited by MainComptonese

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was unsure if to vote 1 or 2, but I ended up at 1. Will be writing a new trophy guide for the game which probably will explain in detail how this (P) can be obtained so easily, as the current one is wrong at some points and is not very informative about the "hardest" trophies, actually making them hard to get. Must be noted this game is like a 5/10 if you got only one controller, this is solely because of STOCKPILING ARMS (G).

Edited by MMDE

I was unsure if to vote 1 or 2, but I ended up at 1. Will be writing a new trophy guide for the game which probably will explain in detail how this (P) can be obtained so easily, as the current one is wrong at some points and is not very informative about the "hardest" trophies, actually making them hard to get. Must be noted this game is like a 5/10 if you got only one controller, this is solely because of STOCKPILING ARMS (G).

I was unsure as well on the 1 or 2 but went for a 2 due to the Stockpiling Arms Trophy as i think some people might find it a little tricky but once you done that Trophy the rest is a breeze.