Horse of the Apocalypse

cheezyyman

So I found one of the Horses of the the Apocalypse and rode it around for a bit, got off of it, called it with the 'call horse' button and some other normal undead horse showed up. Any way I can get the horse back? Or do I have to find it again?

• 2 months later...
So I found one of the Horses of the the Apocalypse and rode it around for a bit, got off of it, called it with the 'call horse' button and some other normal undead horse showed up. Any way I can get the horse back? Or do I have to find it again?

It is not necessary! See in your inventary .. the act of possession of the horse!

I don't remember if you must find all 4 horses in order to obtain the four acts at the same moment. I think they are independent...

Famine was the first mythical creature I found, but I didn't realize I had to tame him and shot him in the head. Am I screwed now?

Edit - After failing to find Famine all evening, I finished up some more missing persons missions, and then finally found Famine on a cliff in Perdido. I lassoed him and then got pulled along as he fell off the cliff, lol.

I hit reload checkpoint, and thankfully he re-spawned again on the other side of Perdido away from hazards. Got my 100% now :)

Edited by tomdrama

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

can anyone confirm that the blue circle and the text "there is a mythical creature in this area" appears the second time you try to find the horse - that is, after lassoing the horse once, but not hitching it and therefore losing it.

I'v been riding around in forever now, and can't find the horses again.

• 3 months later...
It is not necessary! See in your inventary .. the act of possession of the horse!

I don't remember if you must find all 4 horses in order to obtain the four acts at the same moment. I think they are independent...

I have only found WAR and have nothing in my inventory about horses..

• 2 weeks later...

Im trying to get the challenges done, and I might have a problem now with the Four Horse of the Apocalypse Challenge.

I have to do rank 5 now, use "Death" to kill each type of the zombies...that part is CLEAR.

Problem is, I had Death, then I caught Famine....so now I have famine, and rank 5 needs Death again

Is there any way I can recapture Death again? or is my chance gone?? I flipping hope not, lol

Any insights would be nice :D

Thanks

Im trying to get the challenges done, and I might have a problem now with the Four Horse of the Apocalypse Challenge.

I have to do rank 5 now, use "Death" to kill each type of the zombies...that part is CLEAR.

Problem is, I had Death, then I caught Famine....so now I have famine, and rank 5 needs Death again

Is there any way I can recapture Death again? or is my chance gone?? I flipping hope not, lol

Any insights would be nice :D

Thanks

Complete the story and you'll unlock death and a blood pact for him so that you can summon him and make him your default horse at any time

• 3 weeks later...

I got Pestilence as my first horse. It clearly stated that he was nearly impossible to kill. I slide down a small cliff, and he is laying there dead. Seriously? I heard about a glitch possibility but c'mon within 3 minutes he dies..

Is this going to be a problem later on, since it did recognize in my journal I found 1/4 horses?

• 3 weeks later...

I'm also having huge troubles finding the remaining horses. I've watched Youtube videos and am now riding for an eternity to where Pestilence is supposed to be found and I just cannot seem to make him appear. I even got back on my warhorse because I was affraid that riding Death might enable other Apocalyptic horses to disappear (though it's a big pain to steer the warhorse as Zombie Marston).

Am I missing some specific sort of requirement to make Pestilence appear?

I'm also having huge troubles finding the remaining horses. I've watched Youtube videos and am now riding for an eternity to where Pestilence is supposed to be found and I just cannot seem to make him appear. I even got back on my warhorse because I was affraid that riding Death might enable other Apocalyptic horses to disappear (though it's a big pain to steer the warhorse as Zombie Marston).

Am I missing some specific sort of requirement to make Pestilence appear?

Pestilence is by far the rarest and most difficult horse to find. There's no real set way of making him appear unfortunately, and you'll have to keep riding around and hope that he appears. I think it took me about 2-3 hours of riding around to make him appear, whereas others say that got him in 10 minutes. It's just luck of the draw I'm afraid.

Pestilence is by far the rarest and most difficult horse to find. There's no real set way of making him appear unfortunately, and you'll have to keep riding around and hope that he appears. I think it took me about 2-3 hours of riding around to make him appear, whereas others say that got him in 10 minutes. It's just luck of the draw I'm afraid.

Thanks for the info. Managed to get him after don't know how long. The bigger problem now seems to be Famine because each Youtube video I've seen about that horse shows a different location. Now I'm baffled as to where to focus my search. =/

• 8 months later...
can anyone confirm that the blue circle and the text "there is a mythical creature in this area" appears the second time you try to find the horse - that is, after lassoing the horse once, but not hitching it and therefore losing it.

I'v been riding around in forever now, and can't find the horses again.

Very late response, but I came here to ask this exact same question while looking for Pestilence - for anyone else interested, the blue circle and mythical creature notification does come up again if you missed the horse the first time around.

Speaking of Pestilence, I just spent the last hour looking and finally found it right in the middle of the Great Plains. Most of the guides I've read have pointed to specific areas (mostly Tall Trees), but I think it spawns randomly anywhere inside of West Elizabeth - so if you're trying to get it by reloading saves and keep scouting single locations, try riding around the entire area of WE instead.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Pestilence is not the rarest - Famine is, followed by War.

The main point isn't which is rarest, it's that Rockstar screwed up. Big Time. Random spawns at random times, followed by glitches that prevent Famine from ever reappearing - this DLC sucks.