Steel Fist Expert Trophy Issues

Hausendorn

Can anyone tell me why I cannot unlock the Steel Fist Expert trophy when I have already unlocked the Steel Fist EMaster Trophy? I have killed over 50 enemies consecutively with no luck. Is this trophy glitched or something? it is the last trophy i need too.

• 4 months later...

Mine unlocked on chapter 2 (Area where you meet chase) you must not snap there necks but punch or kick the life out of them. It is easy in this area ( a bit frustrating as one neck snap resets the counter), once you clear that area there should be 8 guys you can climb up the rope with chase and kill 2 more guys and the trophy should unlock.

• 4 weeks later...

I chose the beginning of chapter 9 (as the video in the guide shows an example). The only issue I had was, that when the big guys with the shot guns would appear I would aim and shoot 4 times (very easy mode) and then punch them for the final blow. I did this maybe maybe 30 or so times, with no luck unlocking the trophy. So make sure not to aim at all and just run and gun to weaken enemies. Without aiming at the shotgun enemies I unlocked the trophy on the first try. Hope this helps someone.

Mine unlocked on chapter 2 (Area where you meet chase) you must not snap there necks but punch or kick the life out of them. It is easy in this area ( a bit frustrating as one neck snap resets the counter), once you clear that area there should be 8 guys you can climb up the rope with chase and kill 2 more guys and the trophy should unlock.

I think this is the best area to do this, though you're kind of fucked if you mess up. After trying that chapter 9 bit for probably an hour I tried this out and got it the first time. Chapter 9 is BS because the shotgun guys can easily screw you up, plus for some reason the one punch wouldn't take some of the other guys out (especially right at the end, frustratingly enough) after I was very sure I shot them once via hip-fire. Very annoying trophy, but chapter 2/beginning of 3 is a great way to go if you're having trouble, just be extra careful.

I think this is the best area to do this, though you're kind of fucked if you mess up. After trying that chapter 9 bit for probably an hour I tried this out and got it the first time. Chapter 9 is BS because the shotgun guys can easily screw you up, plus for some reason the one punch wouldn't take some of the other guys out (especially right at the end, frustratingly enough) after I was very sure I shot them once via hip-fire. Very annoying trophy, but chapter 2/beginning of 3 is a great way to go if you're having trouble, just be extra careful.

Exactly why i switched to chapter 2 after 10 failed tries. Got it second try there.

You have to kill the guys with one punch after softening them up with gunfire.

This is the method I used (the method from the trophy guide):

Go to chapter 9 on very easy. run down the stairs and hip-fire the first guy once. he should stumble back which will open him up for the finishing punch. Keep doing this for the next few guys until the shotgun guy shows up. When the shotgun guy arrives, take cover and shoot him three times which should make him stumble. When he stumbles, you can give him the punch to kill him. Rinse and repeat the method used for the first 4 guys in the next bunch of enemies. You should have 1 guy left when the trophy pops.

Check out the trophy guide for a video demonstrating this method.

• 5 months later...

Thank you, this is a much better area and I got this damn trophy at my first attempt (after an hour of frustration with the shotgun dudes in chapter 9). The guide should mention this location as an alternate (and in my opinion a much better way as no shotgunners are there who auto-melee you if you're close enough to them..Thanks again!

• 4 weeks later...

I found Chapter 2 to be a lot easier as well. You can kill the first two guys on the right, then hang around the cliff where the new guys jump down and take them out one by one, followed by the guy on the bridge, and then a couple of the guys after the cutscene. Did take a good few attempts, but made progress a lot quicker than I did on Chapter 9!

First of all it has to be chapter 2. Secondly, why is nobody not starting with the two guys on top of the truck before the dig site?. If you balls them up just restart cp and it'll bring you back into the game just before the truck.Next go to the next area and after the cut scenes, run to the right and take out the first guy in the back of the area, then climb up and do the guy on the wooden bridge. Clean up the remaining 6 enemies as they appear for the trophy!. No need for the next area whatsoever!:D

• 1 month later...
I found Chapter 2 to be a lot easier as well. You can kill the first two guys on the right, then hang around the cliff where the new guys jump down and take them out one by one, followed by the guy on the bridge, and then a couple of the guys after the cutscene. Did take a good few attempts, but made progress a lot quicker than I did on Chapter 9!

Yup chapter 2 is a lot easier to get it got it on my third attempt.

• 2 months later...

Are you guys doing this on chapter 2 on Easy or Very Easy? I've been trying on Very Easy and it seems like most of the time, one shot isn't enough for one punch to kill the enemy afterwards, but they die in two shots.

EDIT: Finally got it (chapter 2, Very Easy). The important thing is you have to melee them quickly after shooting them, while they're still staggering. I was misunderstanding the stagger animation as an indication of their health (that after the stagger animation, one melee attack would kill them) but no, it has to be while they're still staggering.

Edited by Sunlit Garden

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the tips everyone. Got this very easily in chapter 2 as well. One thing I haven't seen mentioned that I discovered in my run is that if the melee animation triggers because you get too close, just let the guy hit you a couple of times until you can run away. Take out some other guys, and then go back to the one you melee'd with once his health recovers to steel fist him. Only took me three restarts because sometimes the enemy would go down with one bullet on very easy (perhaps I inadvertently headshotted shooting from the hip).

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

Hi I am at a loss here.

I am having trouble with this trophy.

I tried everything said on this thread.

Chapter 2,3 and 9.

I softened them up by one bullet and then did a one hit punch only.

I counted I know i got 20 (non cumulative as of now),trophy wont pop.

Any ideas? :think:

Does resetting checkpoints reset the numbers?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thankfully I read this thread before trying too much longer on Chapter 9 (which is complete bullshit). I'm going for Chapter 2 now.

Resetting checkpoints in this one does reset the counter but you can kill yourself or back out to the main menu and continue.

So are you saying that you can have, say, 7 in a row, then die, then come back and do 3 more and get the trophy?

EDIT:

Well, doesn't matter ... I got it after 2 tries of just killing all the guys in that area, then taking out 2 more after the cutscene.

Yes ... this IS WAY BETTER THAN CHAPTER 9. I've sent a message to the writer of the Trophy Guide to tell him he needs to update it so more people don't waste their time and give themselves strokes trying it on Chap. 9.

Edited by Hotspur000

• 1 month later...