(Crushing) Boss Battle Swipe List

Spoilers ahead.

I compiled this list. Actually took quite a while. I know most of you are having a hard time with the boss battles for Crushing difficulty.

The dashed --- lines signal a little lull in the battle. Use these dashed lines to pause the game and to look up the next couple commands so you know whats coming. I suggest doing it one dashed line at a time. After I compiled the list, I got through both boss battles easily.

*Note that these swipes for Crushing are not the same as the swipes for Hard. They contain some double swipes that were NOT in the Hard difficulty.

I'm typing them out as compass directions. I suggest taking a piece of paper and translating my compass directions to arrows so you can follow easier

Chapter 32: DANTE

SW

---

W

SW

---

N

SW

---

NW

SW

---

E

SW

---

NE

W

N

W

---

E

SW

---

DIRECTLY W THEN DIRECTLY N

DIRECTLY W THEN DIRECTLY S

---

NW

W

---

NW

W

SW

---

E

NE

NW

---

NW

W

SW

---

SE

SW

---

W

N, N, N, N, N, N,

Most used: SW

Least used: SE

Chapter 34: GUERRO

S

NE

SW

---

W

SW

NW

N

---

NW

S

S

NW

SW

W

---

N

W

W

SW

--- (hanging on bridge)

E

W

DIRECTLY S THEN DIRECTLY E

E

N

---

NW

W

N

---

W

NE

E

S

--- (name calling... is that the best you can do?)

DIRECTLY W THEN DIRECTLY NORTH

Most used: W

Least used: SE

Hopefully this helps you complete the boss battles.

Congrats on the Gold trophy for Crushing difficulty!

PSN: DeMaisonneuve

Edited by DeMaisonneuve

Wow thanks. I finished GA on Hard yesterday night and these damn swipes....

On the Dante fight i literally sat more than 30 minutes until i figured out how to do them correctly. And then i thought i made it but NO El Generale gets the same effing QTE.

Just a tip: Don't make long swipes! I only moved my finger at the center of the screen for maybe 2 centimeters.

Took me awhile at first to figure that out...

on Dante's I've found a mistake in this "guide". On the 5th "movement" just after E is NW istead of SW. At least it is in my spanish edition of the game, I swear is the same for everyone, so:

SW

---

W

SW

---

N

SW

---

NW

SW

---

E

NW

---

and so on.

• 1 month later...

Nicely done!

I´ve just (15 min ago) finished my "Crushing" playtrough and i can honestly say that this swipes are an HORRENDOUS novelty on game design. Come on, QTEs are boring enough - now QSEs? :D

I´ve literary DRAWN on a blank piece of paper the swipes needed after more than half an hour cursing during Dante´s fight on crushing. After that it went (almost) sweatless.

We all know that Apple is getting big on gaming thanks to Touchscreen, but COME ON developers, don´t force it on useless situations. We were all kids once and we all player Dragon´s Lair. We liked it then, but it´s been 20+ years. ;-)

• 3 weeks later...

For some odd reason I can get the W then N swipe every time, but have only successfully hit the W then S swipe twice out of probably 10-15 attempts.

I also tried the Guerro fight and, while not quite the same movements, can't get past the swipes.

I don't know if I'm hitting it too soon or too late. Will try smaller swipes and see what that does.

Regardless, thanks for the list! :applause:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Hi, I am fighting GUERRO on crushing, but for unknown reason i can get the very last L shaped move. Any idea why ? I always get to the last move but vita just doesnt accept it :(

I wish I could tell you but I have no fucking clue. That last one screwed me over many times too. Btw great guide to the person who made this, I really just needed to know the double swipes because those were ridiculous. I'd get the first one no problem usually, then for whatever reason they decided to keep ripping me off on the very last one. I think you might have to be quicker on that last one? Idk, I didn't feel like I did anything different when I did finally get it.

What worked for me were smaller, quick swipes as opposed to matching the length of the screen prompts.

Also don't touch the arrow. I went below or to the side of all the prompts, as it seemed if I touched the arrow it would always fail.

Seemed best for me, maybe it will work for you :)

I second this.

The guerro fight was barely registering any of my swipes. So rather than worry about the timing of the swipes, i just swiped in a fast quick motion (i.e. just quickly flick your finger across the screen in a fast movement.). I got it the very next try doing this. For the L shape move at the end just do the same - a quick left-up swipe, dont worry about precisely matching the arrow on screen. Hope this helps someone

• 4 weeks later...

OMG, that took about 3 hours of repititious swipes to acquire.

Bear in mind, I'm not opposed to the swipe method, but after the first hour I had every swipe memorized, but I would complete a swipe perfectly and the game would still red-flag it and Drake would fall to his death.

It certainly matters how you swipe, make sure you finger is firmly on the screen and try to match the movement exactly.

At 1:40 a.m., I finally did the left-up hook swipe and beat it, was that a relief!

Now just finishing the Bounties......