Wow the QUICK TIME EVENTS ON CRUSHING ARE BROKEN!!

PS3isKing

I swear I hope the people that made this game die a slow death!! Are you fucking kidding me with the QUICK TIMES even on CRUSHING!!!??????? I sped well over 30 min just on Ch 31, and gave up cause the US version is cheap as fuck!! I swear on everything do what the game tells me, and I still fucking DIE!! Go FUCK YOUR SELF STUDIO BEND!!!

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I swear I hope the people that made this game die a slow death!! Are you fucking kidding me with the QUICK TIMES even on CRUSHING!!!??????? I sped well over 30 min just on Ch 31, and gave up cause the US version is cheap as fuck!! I swear on everything do what the game tells me, and I still fucking DIE!! Go FUCK YOUR SELF STUDIO BEND!!!

its tough, but doable. you have to be quick with the strokes. that is the key.

It really is ridiculously horrible

On other modes it works, but they give you one shot and it fails when you do it correctly far too often

I stroked my finger in the same direction as the arrows multiple times just to be sure it registered, and if it said I failed it would NORMALLY say I succeeded otherwise because of the mutliple swipes.

Hope it helps man.

It really is ridiculously horrible

On other modes it works, but they give you one shot and it fails when you do it correctly far too often

I stroked my finger in the same direction as the arrows multiple times just to be sure it registered, and if it said I failed it would NORMALLY say I succeeded otherwise because of the mutliple swipes.

Hope it helps man.

Yea, I did multiple (2-3) swipes too to clear it.

They're definitely not fun. I spent over an hour on Chapter 31 before I got it. What finally worked for me was making short, quick gestures. Don't bother trying to cover the entire screen. Keep your movements to the center. Make sure you complete the gesture before the prompt leaves the screen. If it looks like the prompt is about to disappear, quickly lift your finger off the screen. Using this method I beat the first boss in my first try and the final boss on my third try. Hope this helps.

Trust me, then it gives you the Us the games is broken...

First of all, I'm not even sure what that sentence means.

If you're saying I must not have had problems because I wasn't using the US version, I have a US Vita and US games and didn't lose either fight once on Crushing. I lost both fights plenty of times on Hard though, until I figured out that calm, smooth, short swipes, not frantic long crazy swipes are how to get through it. That transferred over perfectly to Crushing.

Anyone reading this worried that the game is broken, I can 100% promise you it isn't.

You guys got me worried... I did this boss fight (both Dante and the general) on Crushing within three tries (Dante on the first try, even though there's a L shaped motion not present in Hard mode that caught me by surprise). I don't have screen protectors and I used full swipe motion (i.e. as indicated by the arrow). The only thing you have to make sure is that your motion has to be continuous, like a brush stroke in Chinese calligraphy (maybe that's why I don't have problem with this?).

Edited by FearlessKnight

You guys got me worried... I did this boss fight (both Dante and the general) on Crushing within three tries (Dante on the first try, even though there's a L shaped motion not present in Hard mode that caught me by surprise). I don't have screen protectors and I used full swipe motion (i.e. as indicated by the arrow). The only thing you have to make sure is that your motion has to be continuous, like a brush stroke in Chinese calligraphy (maybe that's why I don't have problem with this?).

Sorry I didn't want to make anybody worried. I did eventually get through both bosses, but the L shaped motions were in my book broken! With or without a screen protector. It makes no sense to make short swipes when the arrows indicates otherwise. Crushing was poorly done in this Uncharted game. Trust me I have played all 4 so far, and this is by far the worst when it comes to doing things you have no control over i.e. Ch. 11....

These are bullshit! Quite clearly making the swipes and they simply don't register! Watched a youtube video to see if I was doing something wrong and that guys swipes are all easy, no curved ones? Different regions, different gameplay, fuck you BEND!

EDIT: I used the double swipe method and after only a few tries managed to get through these stupid QTE's

Edited by GAZDAN
Method that worked for me added

I had a huge amount of difficulty with the swipes too (EU version). It didn't matter what I did - short swipes, complete swipes (i.e. mimicking exactly what was on screen) - numerous times the swipes were being registered as being incorrect. I eventually got there but that was after being balls out frustrated and it was a huge negative in an otherwise thoroughly enjoyable game :(.

First of all, I'm not even sure what that sentence means.

If you're saying I must not have had problems because I wasn't using the US version, I have a US Vita and US games and didn't lose either fight once on Crushing. I lost both fights plenty of times on Hard though, until I figured out that calm, smooth, short swipes, not frantic long crazy swipes are how to get through it. That transferred over perfectly to Crushing.

Anyone reading this worried that the game is broken, I can 100% promise you it isn't.

I agree. I'm sick of hearing the term 'broken' in gaming. Properly used, it means something will not work at all. I think there'd be a slight bit of uproar if UC:GA's game code prevented the user from completing the game and that we'd have heard about it by now.

I didn't have too much trouble, I had more trouble on Hard too.

Just finished on Crushing and didn't think that the QT Events were that much more difficult than on Hard. I did find though that Multiple swiping in the direction that you needed to go worked for me, but I managed to finish the QT Events quicker than I did when I played them through on Hard.

Wish I could say the same thing, it took me way more tries to fisnish the last fight on crushing than it did on hard.

What I did was write down the directions I had to swipe and just kept swiping in the direction I was suppose to. I would memorize 3 or 4 swipes then pause and look at the directions again and repeat.

Warning

I am not responsible for any burns you may get while doing it my way. I fucking got friction burn on my finger :(