Help please! Tips for boss fight (crushing)? *spoilers*

And808

...against Dante in Ch. 31 on Crushing?

I'm having a hard time. Failed too many times for me to admit. I'm at the end of my rope. :wall: Sometimes it seems I've swiped the screen perfectly but it still registers as a miss. I've beaten it on Hard and never had this much trouble.

I've cleaned the screen, no smudges, wash my hands. It doesn't help that you can't fail once and if you do you have to start all over again. Gah! It goes on for an eternity. Any advice from anyone who's beaten it would be greatly appreciated... :think:

I'm not sure how you are swiping the screen. Have you tried to use the full display when swiping?

Spoiler alert

Maybe this can help:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZG6KEWuN0E]PS Vita Dante vs Drake fight - YouTube[/ame]

Edited by Jaglee

Okay, the one part that gave me LOTS of trouble was the part when you're rolling and you have to swipe from the bottom right of the screen to the top left (I think?) and the top right of the screen to the bottom left.

For the second one, you have to start your finger about 2-3 cm to the right of the actual prompt on the screen. For whatever reason, the yellow arrow doesn't fully cover the area you need to swipe.

• Thanks 1

Okay, the one part that gave me LOTS of trouble was the part when you're rolling and you have to swipe from the bottom right of the screen to the top left (I think?) and the top right of the screen to the bottom left.

For the second one, you have to start your finger about 2-3 cm to the right of the actual prompt on the screen. For whatever reason, the yellow arrow doesn't fully cover the area you need to swipe.

I'm taking about the curved line part, by the way.

I haven't seen it said here, but the key for me appears to be not accuracy, but speed. I have to do the swipes not only before the arrow runs out, but with hard, fast swipes. I still haven't beat it though, I keep getting caught right after the two curved arrows.

EDIT: Just beat it on crushing. Once you've done Dante, Guerro really only takes a couple of tries.

Edited by FH2

I haven't seen it said here, but the key for me appears to be not accuracy, but speed. I have to do the swipes not only before the arrow runs out, but with hard, fast swipes. I still haven't beat it though, I keep getting caught right after the two curved arrows.

speed might be the key, but i don't think you need to do the swipe before the arrow is gone. i made several swipes after the arrow just finished and it still registered as correct.

i found, by the end of the fight with dante that you don't really have to swipe across the entire screen, either. i was just making smaller, quicker swipes in the center of the screen (even the curved ones).

there's certainly something different between the sensitivity on the two difficulties, but i can't quite put my finger on it (sorry... no pun intended). i did this fight on hard first try, but it took almost an hour on crushing. there were times when i *clearly* made the correct swipe and it registered as being incorrect, which obviously made me a little upset.

I followed a youtube video and paused after each move to help me along after a few failed attempts. Besides the odd lines, you should do what I did and that help a lot. Just pause after each move and start making the line gesture before it comes up on the screen. There are a few quick ones that you have to be ready for though.

It's just a game dude

:)

Try hard more and focus to the tip your finger

That's some clear, well thought out, insightful advice. ;)

I haven't seen it said here, but the key for me appears to be not accuracy, but speed. I have to do the swipes not only before the arrow runs out, but with hard, fast swipes.

This worked the best for me. I was stuck for nearly an hour making the correct motions, covering the whole screen, but not getting credit. I started to make sure I completed the motion while the prompt was still on screen using quick, small movements (I did not cover the entire screen) and I passed it on the first try.

That's some clear, well thought out, insightful advice. ;)

This worked the best for me. I was stuck for nearly an hour making the correct motions, covering the whole screen, but not getting credit. I started to make sure I completed the motion while the prompt was still on screen using quick, small movements (I did not cover the entire screen) and I passed it on the first try.

This is by far the most frustrating fucking Uncharted game ever thanks to the people at Bend Studio (Fucking IDIOTS). I have failed many times on this, but will keep in mind speed now. I have everything memorized too, it is the curve on the top left going down that fucks me everyTIME!!!!

BTW it seems for the US version they made it harder, the Jap. version is not as hard if you look up the videos on YouTube

One small tip for those having difficulties with the QTE: you can spam the QTE (doing them very fast, 3 or 4 time) until they register correctly.

You can even recover from a failed input if you're fast enough using the spam technique (the red arrow will turn green).

Write down the sequence it the same every time use pause after every new sequence and commence the sequence repeatedly til goes green before it shows on the screen repeatedly til goes green only exception is the curved movement you have to do that in sync with the screen command this is how I completed the game on crushing (the curve movement are very frustrating especially if missed the 2nd one after getting the 1st one done).

I just beat the game on Crushing last night, and here's my two cents for what it's worth:

- Dante is much harder than the General. If you can beat Dante, you'll have no problem with the General.

- I made a single swipe in the centre of the screen, not multiple swipes.

- Both fights feature L shaped movements. Learn when the pop up so you're ready. Make a right angle movement, not a curve.

- Dante's fight has two L shaped movements in quick succession. The General has two but further apart: one as the third movement when you're hanging off the bridge, the second in the next sequence when you're back up top. Both Ls go in opposite directions.

- Make the L movements multiple times. This was the only move I had trouble registering.

- In both fights, the speed of the movements gets faster as it goes on.

- Be patient. Dante kicked my arse for ages, but just keep at it, you'll get there.

- I found turning the sound off made it easier to concentrate. Also, just focus on the centre of the screen watching for the arrows, ignore the characters completely.

- Memorise it as best you can. You likely won't remember the exact sequence, but try to learn the tricky parts, particularly the L shapes. Diagonal up-swipes can catch you by surprise too.

- On the General's fight, watch out for the final L shape going from the bottom right across to the left then up. This happens when there is a pause in the fight while Drake is in front of the bridges and they talk about insults. The General rushes at Drake and you have to make this final swipe. Don't be fooled into thinking it's all just a cutscene (as I did the first time).

- You need to make the movements, or at least start it, BEFORE the arrow leaves the screen. Keep this in mind for the faster sections.

- I found movements smoother when there were a few fingerprints on the screen, compared to a freshly wiped down screen.

- Use the unskippable death sequence as an opportunity to have another swig of beer. ;)

The best advice I can give is just to be patient and try to learn when to expect certain tricky parts. Dante was a long fight with a few rapid sequences, just be patient. I thought it was never going to end, but it does eventually.

Some people find multiple swipes helps, I personally preferred single swipes. I made all my movements in the centre of the screen. For L shaped movements, I made the movement multiple times as I found it often wouldn't register the first.

I also did better when I kind of zoned out, so to speak. I turned the sound off, and just looked at the arrows ignoring everything else. It's basically a rhythm game sequence. When I tried multiple swipes I found I was too tense and it made things harder.

Hope that helps.

As its been said, it seemed all about speed to me. I know I was doing the swipes correctly, but it would fail. What I did was hold the Vita with 1 hand, and had my swiping finger hovering over the screen,waiting for the arrow. As soon as it popped up, I followed it. Took me a few tries, chapter 11 was a lot worse for me

Man, the crushing QTEs here are the worst since the mid cutscene QTEs in Resident Evil 4.

I'm guessing most problems have been with the curved QTEs which weren't in any of the other difficulties. In Dante's fight, I kept on getting stuffed up by the second one - left then down.

I found after 1 1/2 hours that it's longer than the first one - to do it, you need to think of that swipe as a kind of inverted L shape like this: Г. First 'dot' to the right, second dot to the left, third dot straight down. No curved shape, both sides of this Г shape roughly equal. Suddenly I could hit it.

I personally washed my hands before doing the fight to make sure the screen was not getting any smuges on it. I beat dante after 4-5 tries and like others have said the L shaped swipes caught me off-guard.

Looking forward to beating querruo now!

• 4 months later...

EDIT: Just beat it on crushing. Once you've done Dante, Guerro really only takes a couple of tries.

Personal opinion^. I did dante first try, guerro is giving me trouble