Chapter 15 - Can't progress

panzerthrice

It shouldn't. I did my crushing playtrough trough chapter select, i didn't even start a new game. I had the same problem, restart checkpoint didn't help but restarting the chapter did. As long you play through every chapter on crusching you should be OK.

Oh that's awesome, thanks :applause:

had this happen to me again while doing collectibles on chapter 26, again the rubbing prompt isn't showing up. Now no matter what I do, restarting the level, exiting the game powering off and restarting the level, nothing is fixing it.

edit: decided to skip to chapter 27, that seems to have worked for now. I guess I'll see when i try 26 again.

Edited by ekkatin

this glitch (or a very similar one) has glitched me out of my platinum. In chapter 26 and 27 none of the prompts for charcoal rubbings are showing up. The only trophies I don't have are the puzzle trophies, rubbings, and the 200 kills trophy (just haven't done it yet) so frustrated. I've tried everything. I'm really at a loss here. I was really hoping to trade this in towards my Vita copy of MLB The Show. I don't wanna wait around for a patch. I guess if I have to I'll try to start a new game and just run through getting rubbings.

• 1 month later...

I came here specifically for this reason. I am stuck here as well.

Hopefully restarting the chapter fixes it, I guess I will post back after I try it

*Update*

Restarting the chapter works :) I'm on chapter 16 now

Edited by MOOSH89

Same problem for me in chapter 15, the rubbings wont appear on the rightside of the screen. I quite the game, installed the patch and tried again; still didn´t work.

EDIT: Restarting the game another day worked for me, the rubbings appeared and I could continue with the game. So just keep trying/restarting and you should be able to progress.

Edited by witteijsbeer

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
This glitch happened to me but in a strange way. I was able to get the first 2 charcoal rubbings done, but the ones in the "golden maze area" and the other just past that were impossible to get. Strange! :p

Lol, i got an other way the progress stuck: 1 chorcoal rubbing didn't work in the first area and one in the maze didn't work

• 1 month later...
This glitch happened to me but in a strange way. I was able to get the first 2 charcoal rubbings done, but the ones in the "golden maze area" and the other just past that were impossible to get. Strange! :p

That's my situation right now, restarted checkpoint 3 times as that worked in a previous chapter, nuthin. Restarted level twice now, still always the same, the two one one side show up, not the other two.

Bend has joined Bugbear on my recent adds to companies I won't be buying new games from unless they fire every single employee who worked on their latest release. This is a broken software, is what it is. I've gotten damn tired of buying what appears to be half-gametested glitch-festivals.

1st playthrough was great fun, despite being way to heavy on collectibles, but the 2nd playthrough is turning into a nightmare of restarting to get game-objects to work, this is really ruining the game for me

Edit: What got me through finally was restarting the chapter (5th restart!) and not skipping any cutscene along the way. Maybe it's just random, but at least I got through and cleared hard. Now to see if it happens again on crushing

Edited by Pinhead

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

im guessing all these issues got ironed out???

i played through 3 times on normal, hard then crushing. i was so happy most of the things i did in playthrough 1 didnt have to be repeated. but having to jump about on chapter 15 to get rubbings that had already been done was annoying, time wasting stuff.

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...

For anyone that this has happened to:

Could you confirm if restarting the chapter to continue forward ended up reseting the progress on counters like say your weapons & headshots? I know the warning on the guide says something to that effect but it is somewhat vague and I am the latest to encounter this in chap 15. I'm also at like 210 headshots and really don't want to do them all over again if I don't have to.

Edit: Got past it, took about 4-5 checkpoint restarts but all weapon/ect counters remained intact.

Edited by TeamRKO

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I also got this issue when I was redoing the game on crushing, and restarted the checkpoint many times with no luck.

Just to confirm I restarted the entire chapter (did skip cutscenes) and followed this walkthrough of the order of collecting the statues:

You have to restart 15 and do everything Go down into the pit with Chase and trigger the cutscene: then go back the way you came and get the Tapir and other rubbing (Gargoyle looking one), go down, pass Chase (she'll say "You asked ME to do these, remember?"), head into the maze, get the Eagle rubbing, then follow the water on the floor to go outside in the maze, climb and get the last one (Dragon statue). Climb down to meet Chase and go to the door.

Hope this helps people :).

• 4 weeks later...
I also got this issue when I was redoing the game on crushing, and restarted the checkpoint many times with no luck.

Just to confirm I restarted the entire chapter (did skip cutscenes) and followed this walkthrough of the order of collecting the statues:

Hope this helps people :).

I followed this and it worked. Thanks!