Bounties opinions and advice

I have seen different things in threads, messages, and from talking to friends who have played Uncharted about this. I would like to hear everyone's experience so that I can finish up the guide.

My experience with these was rather unlucky. I went through full normal, hard, and crushing play throughs and only unlocked 1 bounty set.

I had no luck farming in places like sniper fights, on mini guns, or places with lots of enemies. I would kill 30 enemies on a mini gun with no bounty then break 2 lone enemies necks and they would both drop a treasure.

What do you guys think? I am sticking with that it is pretty random until other opinions come up.

Thanks

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i Recommend setting to hard, finding an area with the bounties you need, with like 6-7 group enemies, or somewhere easy to die. kill all enemies and jump of a cliff, repeat. or if for example, the first bounty, where there is not very convenient area to do this. try the following;

go to the area when you first meet chase, kill all the guys except one, and let him kill you, repeat! this also works well for other chapters also. i farmed them like this in like 5 hours -/

Just finished the Arcana bounty set but having trouble finding good spots for the

other bounties. Any farming tips?

Pieces of Silver - chapter 10 on Crushing, just kill everyone, only left one that can kill Chase.

Cadiz - Chapter 17 on very easy, when you cover Dante, left one enemy and suicide.

Spanish Gold - chapter 22 on Crushing, when you cover Sully, do the same as before, just make sure left someone to kill Sully.

Gemstones - well, I still can't find a good spot for this, so I prefer to use black market...

Pieces of Silver - chapter 10 on Crushing, just kill everyone, only left one that can kill Chase.

Cadiz - Chapter 17 on very easy, when you cover Dante, left one enemy and suicide.

Spanish Gold - chapter 22 on Crushing, when you cover Sully, do the same as before, just make sure left someone to kill Sully.

Gemstones - well, I still can't find a good spot for this, so I prefer to use black market...

Awesome Thanks

Just FYI...

You don't need to kill yourself, you can use "restart checkpoint" when you're hunting bounties. If you get a bounty and restart the checkpoint, the bounty you just got carries over. This is useful except for when killing all the enemies gets you to the next checkpoint.

This made getting all the bounties easier for me.

For Gemstones I used the fight during Chapter 33, where you climb up some ledges and there is a decent sized fight with a couple of Gau-19 soldiers (where you start on a platform with an rpg and some dragon snipers then cross a plank to where the enemies are). I played on easy, killed all the enemies then restarted the checkpoint, worked like a charm.

about 20 hours into my dedicated bounty farming and i've only got 2 sets complete... whoever thought it was a good idea to include random item drops for trophies in this game should be socked in the gut.

black market doesn't even seem to be working at all because i've only received 4 bounty items from it... so unless i'm doing something wrong, can someone please explain exactly how you use the black market to get your bounties?

thank you for the post...used Ch 33 for the gems btw. I got my first platinum now. That was one long game! I only used the market for 16 of my trades too. The grinding took a while BUT it was better than waiting around.

Just a quick note for anyone farming for bounties, seems playing any chapter on Crushing increases your chance of a rare bounty dropping, so any chapter you decide to farm on make sure to do it on Crushing. Bend Studio confirmed this via Twitter.

"@BendStudio Does the difficulty make a difference in finding bounties in Golden Abyss? #uncharted #psvita

BendStudio ‏ @BendStudio Close

@claytonshipman as a matter of fact difficulty level does improve chances of finding rare bounties. No pain, no gain!"

Just a quick note for anyone farming for bounties, seems playing any chapter on Crushing increases your chance of a rare bounty dropping, so any chapter you decide to farm on make sure to do it on Crushing. Bend Studio confirmed this via Twitter.

"@BendStudio Does the difficulty make a difference in finding bounties in Golden Abyss? #uncharted #psvita

BendStudio ‏ @BendStudio Close

@claytonshipman as a matter of fact difficulty level does improve chances of finding rare bounties. No pain, no gain!"

Only need one rare gemstone (the first one), but I'm just so tired of playing the same section over and over again with no luck. Today is my forth day of grinding for bounties and I hope is the last.

Thanks for the confirmation KCChad, I will try on crushing.

I do not understand these bounty trophies. I spent about 2 hours sniping enemies for silver bounties on crushing (which boosts drop rate). I only received one. However I go work on tarut cards or w\e on very easy and get 5 rare/scarce cards in about 7 minutes.

Only took 30 minutes to get the missing 11 or so rare/scarce cards on very easy -.-

Edited by Wagram

thank you for the post...used Ch 33 for the gems btw. I got my first platinum now. That was one long game! I only used the market for 16 of my trades too. The grinding took a while BUT it was better than waiting around.

you got 16 from the black market? i think you should consider yourself lucky! i got a total of 4 bounty items from the black market when all was said and done (i refreshed as often as i could, too).

Just FYI...

You don't need to kill yourself, you can use "restart checkpoint" when you're hunting bounties. If you get a bounty and restart the checkpoint, the bounty you just got carries over. This is useful except for when killing all the enemies gets you to the next checkpoint.

This made getting all the bounties easier for me.

For Gemstones I used the fight during Chapter 33, where you climb up some ledges and there is a decent sized fight with a couple of Gau-19 soldiers (where you start on a platform with an rpg and some dragon snipers then cross a plank to where the enemies are). I played on easy, killed all the enemies then restarted the checkpoint, worked like a charm.

How long did this take you to do? I've been trying to get my last Gemstone and it's taking forever!

Any recommended farming spot for the Arcana set?

Only good place for Arcana is end of Chapter 2 after you meet Chase, I think. I set it to Crushing, killed and restart. Got the 10 I needed in about 30 minutes.