Uncharted: Fight for Fortune

Uncharted: Fight For Fortune (and DLC) - Trophy Guide & Road Map

49360248667_71f17e6250.jpg

Like what you see? Join the forums! There's plenty more guides and communities where this came from.

Road Map

Overview:

• Estimated 100% difficulty: 3/10 (Personal opinion)
  • Offline trophies: 14 (3 (G), 5 (S), 6 (B))   
  • Online trophies: 1 (B)
  • Approximate amount of time to 100%: 20-30 hours
  • Minimum number of playthroughs: Beating everyone once takes 37 Wins (17 GA, 12 U2, 8 U3). Maxing out Stars takes 159 Wins (85 in GA, 45 in U2, 29 in U3)
  • Number of missable trophies: 0
  • Glitched trophies: 0
  • Does difficulty affect any trophies: No
  • Do cheat codes disable trophies: There are none

Introduction:

Due to the servers being closed, the trophy "Kitty Got Wet" is no longer obtainable.

Uncharted: Fight for Fortune is unlike any Uncharted game you’ve played before. When you’re not chasing after cursed treasures or fighting off diabolical warlords in the other Uncharted adventures, you can take time to relax with a nice game of cards. “Uncarded” allows you to take control of three factions (Hero, Villain, and Mercenary: made complete with all your favorite characters) to do battle with your opponent, using a variety of weapons, traps and so on, as you…well…fight for fortune.

If you only have the base game and none of the DLC, then ignore the DLC portion. The DLC has little to no effect on the base game and won’t alter your road to completion at all (other than missing out on the DLC trophies).

How to Play

Before we get all caught up in the trophies (don't worry, we'll get to them!), you might be sitting here wondering, "How exactly do I play this game?".

First off, it's one on one. You have one opponent who is either an AI opponent or someone via the online mode. Normally, both you and your opponent have 25 HP, with your goal being to reduce your opponent's HP to 0. The exception however, is in Fortune Hunter Mode (the main single player mode) where this isn't always the case. Against AI, you always make the first move.

Your turns will go a little something like this:

Step 1: Faction Points

49360047666_da801704d0_o.jpg

You have control of three different factions as seen in the picture. Each faction has a number by them. These are your "Faction Points", which you can spend on a character within that faction. Notice that I only have enough for Rika Raja and the Merc. The middle number on the character's card is how many faction points they cost. The number to their left is their attack power. The one on their right is their defense. Each card has their own perks so pay close attention. Unless your card has a perk that says otherwise, your card cannot attack on the turn it's played (as you can see by the hourglass on Rika Raja in the picture below).

Step 2: Fortune Phase

49359581198_f9ebda3408_o.jpg

This phase has you select one of three face down cards. These cards have their own value which you can spend on resources. See the Treasure Chest below the Heart next to my avatar? That shows that I have 0 fortune stocked. You can either drag the Fortune Card to your avatar to instantly gain 5 Fortune, or you can drag it to your character, so you can have an opportunity to bank it in a later turn. Again, pay attention to the perks your cards have. If your opponent kills your character with a Fortune Card attached to it, they take all the fortune (so it would be 36 in this case). This applies vice versa.

Step 3: Resource Phase

49360248487_ca09a61580_o.jpg

The fortune you have (or don't have) can be spent on resources. These are benefits, such as banking a Fortune Card you have on one of your characters, increasing their attack/defense, healing your HP, attacking your opponent's cards directly, laying traps, and so on. With my 0 Fortune banked, I can only get the two resources at the top. The cost is, again, at the top middle.

Step 4: Attack Phase

If you have a card that can attack, it will. It will attack the card directly in front of it. If there are no cards in front of it, it will attack your opponent's HP. After this, your turn is done.

Keep playing your cards right, whittle down your opponent's HP, and once their HP hits 0 you will be victorious!

Walkthrough:

Step 1 (Uncharted: Golden Abyss) - OPTIONAL:

For those who have Uncharted: Golden Abyss, you’re in luck! As you make your way through Golden Abyss, collecting treasures, bounties, and (most importantly) trophies along the way, you will unlock upgrades for your Fight for Fortune cards. If you’ve earned a weapon trophy in Golden Abyss, that attack is doubled. If you’ve earned a certain treasure, that card’s Fortune Value is doubled. If you’ve attained all of a certain bounty, that card increases your available Faction Points.

Again, this is optional. It does provide incentive to go back to Golden Abyss, or play it for the first time. Why not play through it? It’s a great game in itself. By collecting trophies in Golden Abyss, you make your trophy collecting in Fight for Fortune much easier. What’s not to love?

Syncing Golden Abyss: On the LiveArea screen, you'll see a briefcase with a controller on it. Touch that and you'll sync your Golden Abyss data to Fight for Fortune. Here's what it looks like:

49360048116_601ef9ae8c_t.jpg

Step 2 (Beating Every Character):

These next two steps can be done simultaneously. You can face a character until you 3/4/5 star them and move on. OR you can beat every character once before tackling the stars. It’s up to you.

Golden Abyss has 17 characters (which will get you (S) Professional Fortune Hunter). Uncharted 2 DLC has 12 characters (which will get you (S) Professional Fortune Hunter II). Uncharted 3 DLC has 8 characters (which will get you (S) Professional Fortune Hunter III).

Overall, the game is not too difficult to understand. I feel the game does a good enough job at teaching you the basics, and it won't take long before you're a pro.

If you are unsure, or have forgotten what certain symbols mean, press :select: in-game to access a Legend with such information. You'll also have access to other information such as Tutorials and descriptions of specific win requirements to go back to in case you forget or get lost.

You will also unlock (B) License to Hunt once you win your very first match. It’s a tutorial level, so you’ll have no issues at all.

Completing this step will grant you:

(S) Professional Fortune Hunter

(S) Professional Fortune Hunter II (Uncharted 2 DLC)

(S) Professional Fortune Hunter III (Uncharted 3 DLC)

(B) License to Hunt

Step 3 (Maxing Out the Stars of Every Character):

Once you’ve defeated each character once, you then have to defeat them again…and again…and again. This isn’t all too difficult, it just takes time. You have to defeat each character in the base game a total of 5 times each. You also have to defeat each character in the DLCs 3 or 4 times each (to those who own the DLC).

(G) Master Fortune Hunter

(G) Master Fortune Hunter II (Uncharted 2 DLC)

(G) Master Fortune Hunter III (Uncharted 3 DLC)

(S) Plundered!

(S) Over 9000

(B) Baby Got Back

(B) Avatar Hunter

(B) Card Collector

(B) Behind the Scenes

Step 4 (Change a Few Things for a Free Trophy):

The (B) Change it Up trophy requests that you customize your Avatar, Card Backing, Background, and Faction Deck. It’s a simple trophy that you might get along the way without trying.

(B) Change it Up

Step 5 (Online):

Last, but not least, the online trophy. All (B) Kitty Got Wet requires is that you win one, single, online match. I recommend saving this for last as you’ll have everything unlocked and you’ll have your Golden Abyss boosts. Note that if your opponent resigns, you do not get the trophy.

Completing this step should grant you:

(B) Kitty Got Wet

Edited by Viper
Editorial sweep

Trophy Guide

9A3.jpg  Master Fortune Hunter (G)

Unlock everything in Uncharted™ Fight for Fortune

You have to beat all of the base seventeen characters in the Fortune Hunter campaign five times. They will get slightly more difficult with each increasing star.

After each match you’ll unlock one of five cards. All are face down and you select one to face up and unlock. You unlock either a card to be used in battle (a Character or a Resource Card), an Avatar, a Background, or a Card Backing. Most of the time, the character card and the avatar are of the person you've beaten.

You will get (B) Baby Got Back, (B) Avatar Hunter, (B) Card Collector and (B) Behind the Scenes along the way, so don’t worry about those.

The unlockables in the DLCs do not count towards this trophy, they both have their own Master Fortune Hunter trophies.

Here’s a list of all the base 17 characters with their requirement for beating them for the 5th star.

[spoiler=PFHGA]

1. Doughnut Drake – Reduce his health to zero

2. Nathan Drake – Defeat Drake

3. Elena Fisher – Defeat Elena

4. Blaine – Defeat Blaine or Survive 6 Rounds (whichever happens first)

5. Descendants – Defeat Descendants or Finish Match in under 10 rounds

6. Dillon – Defeat Dillon or Survive 7 Rounds

7. Dutch – Defeat Dutch or Survive 5 Rounds

8. Victor Sullivan – Hoard 70 Fortune and Finish Match in Under 8 rounds

9. Jimbo – Defeat Jimbo or Survive 9 rounds

10. Jason Dante – Hoard 75 Fortune and Finish the match in under 10 rounds

11. Mac – Hoard 95 Fortune

12. Jorge – Defeat Jorge

13. Roberto Guerro – Defeat Guerro and Finish Match in under 8 rounds

14. Prasko – Hoard 125 Fortune

15. Atoq Navarro – Defeat Navarro and Finish Match in under 15 rounds

16. Gabriel Roman – Defeat Roman

17. Jose Parrot – Defeat Jose and Finish Match in under 8 rounds - This one is pretty comical

The only one who should give you issues is Dillon. Luck is the best way to win this, if you want more info, see this thread.

E26.jpg  Professional Fortune Hunter (S)

Complete each Fortune Hunter match at least once

Defeating every character in the base game at least once will grant you this trophy.

Beating everyone once shouldn't be too difficult. If you're having difficulties, it won't take long before you find the right strategy.

Note: Pretty much everyone plays their card on their first turn (Nathan Drake will play Nathan Drake on his first turn). They'll likely either Bank a Fortune Card or add defenses during their Resource Phase. Take note of what their cards do, so you can accommodate on your move. If you have the option to take down their Faction Points on the first move do that. It prevents them from playing their character card.

2C0.jpg  Over 9000 (S)

Bank 9,001 Fortune in Fortune Hunter

If I recall, I had about 5,000-6,000 after beating everyone once (including DLC). You will have no issues achieving this en route to Master Fortune Hunter.

If you’re in a match that you feel like you’re going to win, shift your focus to banking as much Fortune as possible before winning. Certain Faction Cards bank fortune automatically (or do so every turn). Utilize these. Also, you just need to bank it for it to count as I got the trophy after using a "Bank a Fortune Card" card.

You can keep track of how much Fortune you've banked, by touching the stats section in the bottom right corner of the main menu, keep pressing until the specific stat displays.

31B.jpg  License to Hunt (B)

Complete the Fortune Hunter Tutorial

Simply beat Doughnut Drake once. He’s your first opponent in Fortune Hunter mode and starts off with 1HP. It's the tutorial level and the game walks you through a chunk of the match so you can get the hang of it. It's virtually impossible to miss.

F5C.jpg  Baby Got Back (B)

Unlock all Card Backings

See (G) Master Fortune Hunter.

E16.jpg  Avatar Hunter (B)

Unlock all Avatars

DE3.jpg  Card Collector (B)

Unlock all Cards

E66.jpg  Behind the Scenes (B)

Unlock all Backgrounds

6DF.jpg  Change it Up (B)

Customize your Faction Deck, Avatar, Card Backing & Background

Go to your Faction Deck and you’ll see a character with a check box by them. Check and uncheck the box and you’re good in that regard. Then go back to the Main Menu and select Options. Then, you have the option to change your Avatar, Card Backing and Background. You can change your Avatar to your PSN Avatar. Avatars, Backings and Backgrounds will be unlocked as you progress toward the Fortune Hunter related trophies.

321.jpg  Plundered! (S)

Unlock all Rewards in a Fortune Hunter Match

Each of the characters you face in the base game have 5 stars for you to achieve. Once you beat the same opponent 5 times (thus achieving your 5th star) against any one opponent, this trophy is yours.

If you want, you can 5 Star Doughnut Drake (the first opponent) before moving on to the next opponent. It’s easy to 5 Star, so you can get this trophy out of the way.

CF0.jpg  Kitty Got Wet (B)

Win your first online Multiplayer Match

Due to the servers being closed, this trophy is no longer obtainable.

If you’re familiar with phone-based multiplayer games like Words With Friends, you’ll be right at home with how Multiplayer works here. You can have 8 games going on at once, but it isn’t live. You make your move and send it to your opponent and whenever they get online, they’ll make their move and send it back to you. There's no time limit and you can make moves on your own accord. All you need to do for the trophy is win once. It's worth noting that if your opponent resigns, you do not get the trophy.

If you require a boosting partner, feel free to use the following thread: Trophy Boosting Thread.

Edited by Viper
Editorial sweep

Uncharted 2 DLC

1D0.jpg  Professional Fortune Hunter II (S)

Complete each Uncharted™ Fight for Fortune - Among Thieves Expansion match at least once

Defeating every character in the Uncharted 2 DLC at least once will grant you this trophy. They will get slightly more difficult with each increasing star.

Beating everyone once shouldn't be too difficult. If you're having difficulties, it won't take long before you find the right strategy.

2E0.jpg  Master Fortune Hunter II (G)

Unlock everything in Uncharted™ Fight for Fortune - Among Thieves Expansion

Once you have maxed out all the Stars in the Uncharted 2 DLC, this trophy is yours.

Here is a list of each character and their requirement for maxing out their Stars.

[spoiler=PFHU2]

1. Pema (4 Star) – Overkill your Rival by 6

2. Jeff the Cameraman (4 Star) – Overkill your Rival by 7

3. Chloe Frazer (4 Star) – Hoard 110 Fortune

4. Karl Shafer (4 Star) – Defeat Shafer

5. Tenzin (4 Star) – Defeat Tenzin and Finish the Match in under 8 rounds

6. Harry Flynn (4 Star) – Overkill your Rival by 10

7. Zorskel (3 Star) – Overkill your Rival by 10

8. Tetram (4 Star) – Defeat Tetram and Finish the Match in under 8 rounds

9. Dragan (3 Star) – Defeat Dragan or Overkill 6 cards

10. Draza(3 Star) – Defeat Draza and Overkill 7 cards

11. Guardians (4 Star) – Overkill your Rival by 10

12. Zoran Lazarevic (4 Star) – Defeat Lazarevic

Note: For overkilling your Rival (let's say overkill 10). Your attack on his HP needs to be a min of 11 at once. As in, one card needs to attack him 11. If not, he'll be revived and back to 1 HP. If your attack is 11, he'll lose that 1 HP and go down to -10.

Uncharted 3 DLC

B4F.jpg  Professional Fortune Hunter III (S)

Complete each Uncharted™ Fight for Fortune - Drake's Deception Expansion match at least once

Defeating every character in the Uncharted 3 DLC at least once will grant you this trophy. They will get slightly more difficult with each increasing star.

029.jpg  Master Fortune Hunter III (G)

Unlock everything in Uncharted™ Fight for Fortune - Drake's Deception Expansion

Once you have maxed out all the Stars in the Uncharted 3 DLC, this trophy is yours.

Here is a list of the characters and their given requirements for the max star.

[spoiler=PFHU3]

1. Charlie Cutter (4 Star) – Keep Suited Drake alive for 9 rounds

2. Victor Sullivan (3 Star)– Defeat Sully

3. Salim (4 Star) – Defeat Salim or Play Skelzor

4. Nathan Drake (3 Star)– Defeat Drake (except this time he has 50 HP instead of 25)

5. Rameses (4 Star) – Kill Rameses (kill the Rameses card, not defeat him)

6. Chloe Frazer (3 Star) – Defeat Chloe

7. Talbot (4 Star) – Defeat Talbot or Play Suited Sullivan

8. Katherine Marlowe (4 Star) – Defeat Marlowe

Edited by Viper
Editorial sweep

Good stuff. I started on maxing out stars on U2, but seeing that U3 has less I might do that one first as a little bit of a confidence booster.

I would almost recommend against it. Though, really, if you've 5 starred everyone in the base game you can max out the rest no real problem (especially if you have GA to help boost your cards). U2 isn't too bad, but Salim in U3 can get tedious, so anything that can help.

[spoiler=Salim]

In Salim's battles you have to build up your Villain Faction points to be able to play Guerro (8) and later Skelzor (10). Or you can defeat him haha. You don't gain any points at the start of your turn, so you have to build them up using the historical people (like Sir Francis Drake). It can get hectic and in the last battle, I ended up defeating him with 5 HP left (after starting at 50). He starts off at 99 for the 4th and final Star.

I'm currently half way through maxing out U3 (I'm taking a break for the night haha), so I should have complete 100% of the game tomorrow.

Edited by mcolwander90

Any tips for Dillon 5 in the main game. I know it comes down to luck regarding which cards, but he seems unbeatable. I don't think I lost more than 1 or 2 games before him. Have finished everything else, but cannot get past him.

It would suck if the only way to win was to pull a random fortune card :(

Any tips for Dillon 5 in the main game. I know it comes down to luck regarding which cards, but he seems unbeatable. I don't think I lost more than 1 or 2 games before him. Have finished everything else, but cannot get past him.

It would suck if the only way to win was to pull a random fortune card :(

I'm positive luck isnt the only way to win. It just so happens that that is how I and a lot of people have won. I ended up getting the Artifact that did 11 damage to all his cards (which was boosted by GA) on the very first turn.....of my 7th (or so) try.

If possible, try to survive long enough to get a Skelzor and that will definitely help. Once you play him, you'll get a clean slate for the remaining rounds to survive. If you've banked a good share of Fortune Points and have a powerful weapon waiting, hope you have someone who ignores the attack timer and sick 'em on Dillon. That's really all I can tell you until I go back a develop a more sound strategy.

Good luck ;)

EDIT: Saw on your card that you beat him before I replied. Happy to help! :p

EDIT2: Ok, I now have 100% in this game :) and also the requirements for maxing the stars in the U3 DLC are up.

Edited by mcolwander90

EDIT: Saw on your card that you beat him before I replied. Happy to help! :p

EDIT2: Ok, I now have 100% in this game :) and also the requirements for maxing the stars in the U3 DLC are up.

Yup, the usual 'post to win' strategy works every time :p

I'm pretty convinced it is luck. Without a good initial faction draw (you need at least one instant damage character, and one timer ignore character in different factions, you can't win.

Even with that load out, you still need luck with either a good artifact card dealing damage (the 11 damage to all opponents pretty much guarantees a win) or some good damage fortune cards, like "We're going down".

You also must get the bank fortune card draw, not the free 3+ health, as you must amass bounty and not lose it to Dillon.

Obviously you still need a good strategy, but you must have a number of luck based scenarios to give you a chance to win.

Also, I never once made it to one of the skeleton cards. Not enough rounds to get a faction to 10 (again, unless you draw a faction boosting artifact)

Great first guide by the way :applause:

So I have a question on the game. When you go back and battle the characters again, are they different? So if you fight someone five times, are there five different strategies needed?

They're slightly harder each time and the max star oftentimes has a different (or added) objective/scenario. "Harder" as in the AI plays their cards just a tad better or the added/altered objective prolong things a little.

ex: Doughnut Drake has 1 HP the first time you face him. When you reach the 5th star, he has 15 HP. One might have you defeating them for the first few, but for the last one, you have to defeat them within 7 rounds or something.

Usually a different strategy isn't needed, but if you do, it isn't difficult to figure out what changes need to be made (Unless it's Dillon's 5th Star haha). In just about all of them, all you really need is a good start :)

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone please come up with a strategy for Guerro? I'm at the 2 star match now and he starts off with 50 health and an insanely rpg powered card of his own against a worthless Chase card of mine and only 25 health. Then in the next 2 rounds he pulls 2 revolutionary cards (which is weird cause we as players can't choose 2 of the same cards), giving him a +4 defense combo that resets itself and the revolutionary guys get a +2 bonus both. I managed to make it to the skelzor card but even then i can't beat Guerro cause by that time he has a 15 defense at least (8 himself, 4 combo and 3 or more with a resource card). How did you guys manage to beat this guy?

Edit: found it out myself now and turns out to be quite easy (isn't it always like that?). For the people struggling with this too, don't bother with guerro himself for the first 2 rounds, just place a decent card left of him in the first round and a decent card right from him in the second round. From there on you just block Guerro with cheap 2 point cards and let yoyr 2 decent cards get rid of the mercenaries. Guerro will stupidly keep throwing the mercenary cards in the opposing spot of your good ones, even on 5 stars, so ultimately this must be one of the easiest ones to beat lol. Just gotta know the trick! :)

Edited by Robinworldwide

Are the upgrades for the cards tied to your trophy data or game save data? I have the platinum for Golden Abyss but deleted the game save months ago.

My intuition tells me it's tied to your save data. I'm not 100% sure, but it's most likely.

EDIT: Stay tuned for edits coming to the guide. Some things need to be cleaned up so it's more presentable and informative :)

EDIT2: I've done just about all edits to the Guide I can possibly do to the point where I feel it is satisfactory. Most things are difficult to further expand upon due to the simplicity of the game. Things like unlockables can be done in another thread (by me or another) because I don't currently have enough space to fill all of that in. Not to mention I have to seriously look into what cards are unlocked by playing through Golden Abyss (certain Resource Cards are unlocked at certain points of the game on top of the Treasures and Bounties you collect). It all gets lost in the shuffle so to speak. Strategies against certain opponents I feel can also be done in another separate thread.

Please let me know what else I can add! All suggestions welcomed!

Edited by mcolwander90

• 3 weeks later...
*Guide stuck*

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n207/mcolwander90/tumblr_lp3o788pro1qgly4jo2_250_zps87ccfb7c.gif

(yes, I had been saving that for this moment)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaIvk1cSyG8]Thumbs Up for Rock and Roll! - YouTube[/ame]

Thanks everyone for whatever support you have given me! I appreciate all the feedback I've received and, now, my first ever Guide/Roadmap is now Stickied!!! But this isn't it. Keep throwing feedback my way and I'll do my best to build upon this :)

Edited by mcolwander90

• 2 months later...
No worries :). Hopefully it gets fixed soon for the folks that want their 100%, but given the lack of activity with the game and the length of time it's gone unfixed so far, who knows when it'll get fixed (if at all).

And that really saddens me because I do really like the game :(

Hopefully they'll come up with another DLC pack soon or something, but it seems unlikely...

And that really saddens me because I do really like the game :(

Hopefully they'll come up with another DLC pack soon or something, but it seems unlikely...

Heads up:

The online seems to be working now. I just boosted the trophy, so it's working well enough.

Olsen tweeted Ask PlayStation yesterday and they've fixed it at some point today. Online works again. :)

• 5 months later...

I cant make my FFF sync with my GA save. I touch the briefcase button and i find the save, but when i start the game the powerups are at 0!!! My GA save is 1.03 and i even played 2 chapters on it again to be sure and it recognizes the cards there!!! Do you know if it is a bug or something?

I cant make my FFF sync with my GA save. I touch the briefcase button and i find the save, but when i start the game the powerups are at 0!!! My GA save is 1.03 and i even played 2 chapters on it again to be sure and it recognizes the cards there!!! Do you know if it is a bug or something?

Are both games updated? I'm not sure if FFF has an update. Maybe try deleting FFF and reinstalling it. How far into GA are you and when did you last update it? I believe updating GA resets counters like headshots, so maybe it's finding difficulties reading your collected cards pre-update. Have you tried to transfer the save after collecting new cards with a fully updated GA? Have you looked at every card you have in FFF and see that nothing has updated? Maybe certain cards aren't updated until you have a certain number of stats/collectibles.

I'm unaware of any bugs, so if it is one I'm no help :\

• Viper changed the title to Uncharted: Fight For Fortune (and DLC) - Trophy Guide & Road Map