Uncharted: Fight for Fortune

Dillons final game??

I'm almost done with this game. Have had little to no problems with anything really. I 5 starred everything before moving on and this is like the 3/4 guy so I'm figuring he shouldn't be that hard but I can't beat it. At least 50 tries. I got really close 1 game and went to round 6 and used the skeleton card aka nuclear bomb but he pulled some magic trick and killed me. Help!!!!!!

Hahaha You're not alone with this pain ;)

There is no strategy. I found it easier to block Dillon with Eddie and damage the other guy (the one with 3 lives). When he kill Eddie (and he will instantly) pray to god he won't put shield on that guy. Then again Eddie and kill that guy. Then... There is no other things. Just luck. You can get treasure card which deals 10 damages to all opponents which will win you a game, but as well you can get only 9pts treasures.

One more thing. Bank treasure cards for 5pts. It is better to have 5pts on your side than giving 40pts to him!

Other than that just do whatever you think is the best. One mistake tho WILL ruin your game.

Still there will be 5 games straight when you will be dead in the two rounds. Really crazy almost gamebreaking game.

Edited by rospondek

Final beat this mofo. this is by far the hardest one to win. Nothing else in my opinion comes anywhere close. got really lucky with my resource cards and got a -5 to all rivals. aside from this if you have the plat in golden abyss, this game is quite easy once you get the hang of it.

I think the best way I've started off on this round was to have both the bodyguard and Eddy present. If you use Eddy's attack on the one with 5 health, when you place the bodyguard down you'll guarantee kill one person. The bodyguard's ability helps too as it blocks half damage to the player, but you just have to keep him well defended and hope you get a really fucking good fortune card on him before you make the kill. As of this post I keep dying on the 7th round due to a stupid mistake.

EDIT: Okay so I just beat this guy using the same strategy I posted. I think it would have been way easier if I had more treasures unlocked in GA because those resource cards are what makes you win or lose.

Edited by TheCro

I took out a few of the mercenary cards I wasn't going to use to give me a better chance of starting with it. The reason I used the bodyguard was because it attacked immediately for 3 damage. I could use Eddy to get them both down to 3 health and whatever card they chose to defend that round, I would just attack the other one with the bodyguard for the insta-kill.

It's really luck based, too because if you can get a shitload of fortune in the first round or two you can put down some defensive cards that regenerate every round and then you don't even have to worry about it.

I took out a few of the mercenary cards I wasn't going to use to give me a better chance of starting with it. The reason I used the bodyguard was because it attacked immediately for 3 damage. I could use Eddy to get them both down to 3 health and whatever card they chose to defend that round, I would just attack the other one with the bodyguard for the insta-kill.

It's really luck based, too because if you can get a shitload of fortune in the first round or two you can put down some defensive cards that regenerate every round and then you don't even have to worry about it.

You seem to be suggesting that you customize your deck. While that would allow you to bring more strategy into play, the game does not allow you to exclude cards in single player. So it boils down to luck with respect to which cards are available to you.

You seem to be suggesting that you customize your deck. While that would allow you to bring more strategy into play, the game does not allow you to exclude cards in single player. So it boils down to luck with respect to which cards are available to you.

Ah. I didn't realize that you couldn't customize faction cards in the singleplayer. Oh well. TBH it takes like 2 seconds to restart a game if you don't see the cards you like anyway.

Finally got it. Without question, one of the cheapest gaming experiences I've ever seen. There is no strategy that works, it all boils down to luck. I managed to pull a +10 player health resource card on round 7, and hung on to survive with 2 health remaining.

I had a perfect run in a previous fight, only to lose when the AI pulled a +10 attack on round 7 and placed it on his last remaining card (which already had a 5 attack). Took out my defense, then got a bonus direct attack which is instant death at +15.

Cheap doesn't even begin to describe it :mad:

They could have at least let you customize your deck to improve the odds a bit.

After this fight, it has left such a sour taste I'm not sure I want to bother with the DLC packs.

• 3 months later...
Challenge is one thing, but this encounter has to be purposely designed to be impossible.

I'm still thinking, he's unbeatable. The game leaves you with a totally underpowered deck against a far too strong enemy and even the slightest chance to win relies on your luck while drawing treasure cards.

I think i did it by making sure I had a cheap Drake in the heroes column and a Skeleton in the Mercs. This way you can have Drake show all the artifacts and hopefully get a 25 damage to everyone or you wait it out to get a skeleton and then survive the next few rounds. I think i'm right in saying he's always got the same deck so you just need to play around and you'll get it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This may or may not be useful, but this was my experience finally beating Dillon...

Turn 1:

EDDY RAJA to slot 3

EDDY RAJA instantly attacked DILLON for 2 (Dillon's health: 3)

Added Path of Indra to EDDY RAJA. Played The Collector! to bank Path of Indra for 45 fortune

(Computer destroys Eddy on its turn.)

Turn 2:

REVOLUTIONARIES to slot 3

Added Aspect of Amnalatua to REVOLUTIONARIES & Played Hangman! (+4 Offense) to buff REVOLUTIONARIES

REVOLUTIONARIES attacked DILLON for 3 (Dillon destroyed)

Banked Aspect of Amnalatua for 12 fortune

Summary: I played Eddy Raja to instantly damage Dillon. Then, insta-banked a valuable fortune card. On my next turn I played Revolutionaries, which doesn't have an attack timer. I spent fortune to buff Revolutionaries so it could kill Dillon.

Turn 3:

EDDY RAJA to slot 4

EDDY RAJA instantly attacked JAVIER for 2 (Javier's health: 1)

Added Francis Drake's Ring to REVOLUTIONARIES & Played Flak Vest (+5 Defense/Auto-Repair) to buff EDDY RAJA

REVOLUTIONARIES attacked BLAINE (Blaine destroyed)

Turn 4:

WETSUIT DRAKE to slot 2

Insta-banked Francis Drake's Ring for 45 fortune

Added Aspect of Eternity to REVOLUTIONARIES to slot 3 & Played 100 Headshots (+4 Offense) on EDDY RAJA

REVOLUTIONARIES attacked GABRIEL ROMAN (Gabriel Roman destroyed)

Banked Aspect of Eternity for 12 fortune

EDDY RAJA attacked JAVIER (Javier destroyed)

Summary: At this point I've destroyed the Dillon, Blaine, Gabriel Roman and Javier cards. The computer places the trap card Swinging Fire in Slot 1 so I decide to spring it with a throwaway card: Friar Marcos.

Turn 5:

FRIAR MARCOS to slot 1 (Friar Marcos destroyed)

Added Three of Swords to WETSUIT DRAKE & Played Butterfly Knife (+2 Offense) to buff WETSUIT DRAKE

WETSUIT DRAKE attacked MERCENARIES (Mercenaries destroyed)

Banked Three of Swords for 28 fortune

(... and there's more to this turn, but you get the idea)

Conclusion: I can't make any more sense of my game history at this point--too many numbers--but my conclusion is that the Eddy Raja-Revolutionaries combo (provided you can buff Revolutionaries so it can finish off Dillon) is a solid way to begin the match. Only place fortune cards on characters that have the strength to finish an existing opponent and instantly bank. (If in doubt, trash for 5 fortune. Better than letting the computer have it.) If you're lucky you'll get valuable fortune cards that will give you the ability to equip auto-repairing armor like the Flak Vest.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I beat Dillon four times during a play session. First time I killed him, I killed him before round 7 with some combo I couldnt repeat - it was sweet. But generally he's fairly easy. You can beat him probably every 5 - 10 tries with practice.

You need to start either the Bodyguards or the Revolutionaries card in the merc category. If its not there restart.

round one: put eddy on the 3 spot and hit Javier for 2 dam. Pick a fortune and instant bank it. Put a health on eddy so eddy should have 6 health. If there is no health restart.

round one: Dillon will come out with an instant attack card on eddy but not kill him (thats why you need 6 health on eddy). Dillon card attacks and kills eddy, Javier attacks and hits you for 5 points. Now sometimes but not often Dillon will take a fortune and put it on Javier. So Javier is sitting there with a 46 fortune card and only one hit point as an example. Then Dillon will leave Dillon card alone and beef up the rival card. Haha now you're in the zone.

round two: come out with bodyguard or revolutionaries card and kill Javier, instant bank your fortune and then put some health on him. +4 if you can.

Now at this point the game depends on your resource cards and Dillon's. At this point its all skill/luck.

• 6 months later...
This may or may not be useful, but this was my experience finally beating Dillon...

Turn 1:

EDDY RAJA to slot 3

EDDY RAJA instantly attacked DILLON for 2 (Dillon's health: 3)

Added Path of Indra to EDDY RAJA. Played The Collector! to bank Path of Indra for 45 fortune

(Computer destroys Eddy on its turn.)

Turn 2:

REVOLUTIONARIES to slot 3

Added Aspect of Amnalatua to REVOLUTIONARIES & Played Hangman! (+4 Offense) to buff REVOLUTIONARIES

REVOLUTIONARIES attacked DILLON for 3 (Dillon destroyed)

Banked Aspect of Amnalatua for 12 fortune

I start with this, and then everything go well (got a lot of luck on resource cards) :applause::dance:

• 11 months later...

I was a little lucky and used a bodycount to reduce the huge damage from rival cards.

Basically u need to keep bodycount alive until u find an empty rival slot to attack Dillon.

I didn't get any powerful fortune card but for resource i got one attack card which add 8 atk to my Sully card. After 2 turns, dillon died.

Basically, if u start and play this battle without a powerful fortune card like damage all rival cards 11HP, u need at least:

- Eddy

- Bodycount

- Defense up

- Attack up

Sometimes the CPU rival is really stupid like this one - Dillon who doesn't block my most powerful attack-card.

BTW, descendents are much more annoying for me.

• 1 year later...

I don't have Golden Abyss upgrades, I've defeated every other opponent 5 times except Navarro, so I almost have every power up card, and this match with Dillon is f'in impossible. The difficulty score for this 100% should be way higher, beware, don't buy this thinking it's a walk in the park, don't make the same mistake I did.

• 1 year later...