XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > PS3 Games > Disc-Based PS3 Games > U (PS3) > Uncharted: Drake's Fortune

Old 07-15-2010, 06:01 AM   #1 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to homicide9209
Default Game Disc Wont Load

the game is spotless front and back no finger prints and no scratches but it wont load i have deleted the saves and the data i go to play it again it says update is available and u click update the console shuts off i dont know what else to do

MY PLATINUMS
MW2|Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection|Little Big Planet|Uncharted 2|inFamous|GOW|Uncharted|Bioshock|WET|Dead Space|Resident Evil 5|GOW II|Family Game Night|GOW 3|Borderlands|Dantes Inferno|Fallout 3|COD Classic|Eye Pet|Heavy Rain|Tron:Evolution|Sims 3|Family Game Night 3|Skate 3|Splatterhouse
homicide9209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 11:26 AM   #2 (permalink)
Guide Team

Awards Showcase Gold  Road Map Submitter   Word of Mouth - Bronze   Community Gaming Event Gold   Maximum Clubs Top 5   25,000 Posts   A+ Thread Award   Silver Submission   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Gold Trophy Guide Submitter   Staff - Guide Team   Helping Hand   Member of the Month Winner
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)

If it's doing that then it's one of 2 things:

1: It's a bad disk

2: Your Console is dying

Try a new disk, turn off the Media Servers option in the Network Settings menu though if that doesn't work then try the recovery menu: Firmware 2.50 adds hidden recovery menu | Joystiq
I DON'T Save File/Account Share/Sell any part of my account nor do Trophies for people. If you wish to play with me then do not use hacked characters, items, servers or lobbies as I run a clean game. No blank Friend Requests please as they will be deleted.

Credit to prozendaal for the Legofied avatar.

Want to write a Guide and/or Guide Supplement? Then see the threads here: Guide Central. Guide co-op partners can be found here: Collaboration group

MY MAINTAINED THREADS

Last edited by Terminator; 07-15-2010 at 11:26 AM. Reason: Fixed typo
Terminator is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 11:30 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by homicide9209 View Post
the game is spotless front and back no finger prints and no scratches but it wont load i have deleted the saves and the data i go to play it again it says update is available and u click update the console shuts off i dont know what else to do
i'm having the same problem.

it locks up right before the Naughty Dog screen and the spaniard coin icon stops spinning and starts to flicker. then my ps3 locks up.

i know my ps3 isn't dying because i've played other games recently. everything else loads up fine.

the disc isn't bad because i just played the game 3-4 days ago. this issue only started happening after i deleted the game data and downloaded the update.
Old 07-18-2010, 11:02 AM   #4 (permalink)
Guide Team

Awards Showcase Gold  Road Map Submitter   Word of Mouth - Bronze   Community Gaming Event Gold   Maximum Clubs Top 5   25,000 Posts   A+ Thread Award   Silver Submission   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Gold Trophy Guide Submitter   Staff - Guide Team   Helping Hand   Member of the Month Winner
Question

I have 4 further questions for you two:

1: What model PS3 are you using e.g. 80gb Fat, 120gb Slim?

2: Has the game EVER worked for you?

3: Have you tried the disk in another console to see if it works?

4: Have you tried another copy of the game?

It could be you're experiencing a repeat of the 3.00 FW fiasco.
I DON'T Save File/Account Share/Sell any part of my account nor do Trophies for people. If you wish to play with me then do not use hacked characters, items, servers or lobbies as I run a clean game. No blank Friend Requests please as they will be deleted.

Want to write a Guide and/or Guide Supplement? Then see the threads here: Guide Central. Guide co-op partners can be found here: Collaboration group

MY MAINTAINED THREADS

Last edited by Terminator; 07-18-2010 at 11:50 AM. Reason: Added extra questions
Old 07-18-2010, 09:21 PM   #5 (permalink)

I had the same probem. Deleted the gamedata not the savegames! And did that hidden menu trick. Entered the disk..installed..installed the update and it worked again
Old 07-18-2010, 10:51 PM   #6 (permalink)
Guide Team

That's good to hear .

MY MAINTAINED THREADS
Old 02-10-2011, 06:21 PM   #7 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to homicide9209

i ended up having to buy a new copy and it worked fine with no problems and i have read that others had this problem with certain copys idk why

MY PLATINUMS
MW2|Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection|Little Big Planet|Uncharted 2|inFamous|GOW|Uncharted|Bioshock|WET|Dead Space|Resident Evil 5|GOW II|Family Game Night|GOW 3|Borderlands|Dantes Inferno|Fallout 3|COD Classic|Eye Pet|Heavy Rain|Tron:Evolution|Sims 3|Family Game Night 3|Skate 3|Splatterhouse
homicide9209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 09:33 AM   #8 (permalink)

I had the same problem two days ago. Last night I checked for updates and updated to firmware 3.56 and now it works fine again.