Getting the Plat is ruining the game, Do I Carry on?

Unchartered 2 was the 2nd ever plat i got, its only now i thought i might try do the same for the 1st game. First play through on hard was very enjoyable with all the treasure collecting and most of the tricky stuff out of the way. But i started playing my crushing play through and its got really boring really fast, to the extent that i resent playing it and rather play something else. Ive seen many people say crushing is easy. Some of you might find it easy but in my opinion it is very frustrating. Im half way through chapter 6 and i know im only a few hours from getting the plat but it already has changed my view on the game and Im slowly starting to dislike the uncharted games because of this.

i do feel the need to mention that i am not a fan of shooting games at all i resent playing them at all as i believe the games like cod and battlefield lack imagination and intelligence when the game is being made. (this is just a person opinion) but unchartered is slowly turing into one of them games for me the longer i play it :(

Should i stick it out or leave it and come back to it in a few weeks baring in mind i still have U3 to still play? :think:

Play something else, enjoy yourself. And if you feel like it in a few weeks then pick up where you left. It's not like the Uncharted controls are very complex or as if there would be any complex combos you'd have to remember.

If you still have Uncharted 3 to play, than even better. You won't have to get used to the controls again at all.

Don't force yourself too much for a plat. If it's too annoying take a break. You can still finish it off at any other given time.

Cheers for the advice guys i completely avoided my PS3 for the whole of yesterday. I Find it hard to work on more then one game at once. Now ive been on it all morning and Im half way through chapter 14 and most importantly Im enjoying it. I think i was just ramming my self with so much gaming in the past few days. Should have my 31st (P) by the day is gone :)

• 1 month later...

I just finished crushing mode, and I have to say that the mode is pure bullshit and completely ruins the game. I really enjoyed my hard playthrough, but this run was disgusting. It is full of cheap, un-skilled gameplay which isn't based on any tactics but merely memorisation. I like games to be hard, I do and if it wasn't for the ridiculous checkpoints this would have been alot harder. I annoy myself that I would actually put myself through that crap just for a stupid trophy. But oh well it's done now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Unchartered 2 was the 2nd ever plat i got, its only now i thought i might try do the same for the 1st game. First play through on hard was very enjoyable with all the treasure collecting and most of the tricky stuff out of the way. But i started playing my crushing play through and its got really boring really fast, to the extent that i resent playing it and rather play something else. Ive seen many people say crushing is easy. Some of you might find it easy but in my opinion it is very frustrating. Im half way through chapter 6 and i know im only a few hours from getting the plat but it already has changed my view on the game and Im slowly starting to dislike the uncharted games because of this.

i do feel the need to mention that i am not a fan of shooting games at all i resent playing them at all as i believe the games like cod and battlefield lack imagination and intelligence when the game is being made. (this is just a person opinion) but unchartered is slowly turing into one of them games for me the longer i play it :(

Should i stick it out or leave it and come back to it in a few weeks baring in mind i still have U3 to still play? :think:

I plat that twice, so I fell your frustration. Its easy if you keep your head up, and glitch the game with early kills before checkpoint. BTW, Uncharted 2 is also tough, if you glitch yourself out of the cheats and free guns and ammo.

EDIT: Cerberus, don't be mean.

Edited by Roronora_Zoro666