Easy Chapter 4 - 'Plane-Wrecked' Crushing!!

Metdevil

Not a member of PS3T? Click here to join :cool:

-----

Ok, so I heard about this 'near-impossible' chapter 4 'Plane-Wrecked' scene and was NOT looking forward to it.

After dying 10 or 11 hundred times I just started screwing around, and found not so much a glitch more of an exploit. As far as I know, nobody else has found this out and if they have, they havn't shared it with anybody else. So on that note I, metdevil678, am claiming to be the discoverer of this amazingly helpful piece of information!

METDEVIL678's AMMO CRATE EXPLOIT!!!

You all know the scenario: Chapter 4, you find your plane wreck in a tree, you climb up the rope, recieve your map from the cockpit. And then as you're climbing back down the rope some pirates rudely begin shooting at you from all angles! You just died. It reloads, your back in the plane, you climb down, they shoot, you die. Rinse, lather, repeat.

The Trick: As soon as you get down the rope run right (asuming that the camera is facing where the enemies are jumping down the cliff) head to the right, towards where you need to go next (where the wall gets blown out by another wave of enemies), there should be an ammo crate there in the corner, next to some trees. take cover behind it (between the crate and the trees) no pirates can hit you here, and the crate is indestructable, but...

Now there are just three things that you need to keep an eye on:

1. Grenades: these can still hurt you, but they won't kill you. Stick to either the left-most or right-most side of the crate, when a grenade comes (wait untill it has landed or they'll adjust their aim) move to the other side

2. The-Left-Side: Every once and a while the pirates get an idea as to how they may be able to hurt you. They pop their heads around the corner of a wall to your left. it's not often that they go there, but when they do they can hit you. Just blind fire at them and they'll leave you alone and start feeding the worms instead.

3. Ammo: A simple one. Only shoot when enemies get so close that you know that blind firing will hit. Run out of ammo here and most likely you'll die. But its not hard to finish this chapter without running out of ammo. I really do suck at shooting games and I still did it.

(P) NOW YOUR ONE STEP CLOSER TO THAT SWEET, SWEET PLATINUM! (P)

Tips: This trick isn't air-tight, you can still die. It just makes it a hell of a lot easier.

After the first few waves you can get out to restock on ammo, and then they blow out the wall and there are even more of them. If you die its not so bad, there is a checkpoint in between these two parts.

When a few enemies are right infront of the crate (probably 'run-and-gunners') give them a hand... A HAND-GRENADE! MHWAAHAAHAA...

Ummmm. I think thats all there is to this trick.

Please comment if this was helpful to you!

And if you share it around please don't say "Hey, I just found this glitch!"

Because you didn't.... And its not a glitch...

Please comment if this was helpful to you!

Edited by Metdevil

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is frustrating. I have done that part legit, and it sucked. The platinum just didn't feel the same after doing it this way so I went back and did it properly, I feel better now :)

Also, I know its a bit late, since the game came out like 4 years ago (or something), so many people would have already done it after struggling with it, but I only just played the game so yea...

Haha! yep. we've all been there at some point :whistle:

A friend of mine had a really bad experience on the PS2, While fighting Yiazmat on FFXII.

he threw his controller out the door. The controller smashed into a thousand pieces, but that wasn't the worst of it. It was a wired controller, so when he threw it his PS2 console fell from his 5 foot tall entertainment unit smashing it AND his DVD player... Making a grand total of 3 thousand pieces of smashed Sony hardware... He hasn't played any console with a wired controller since

I can see why this advice would make the part a whole lot easier for many people. I had no particular problems with that part, I used another trick, as to never hug the walls, and shifting aiming shoulder so that I was able to hit the enemy before they could see me. And of course try to stay out of the line of fire. Really nice tactics though, didn't think of that.

I wouldn't necessarily call it an exploit, but it's definitely a good eye and good thinking to notice that one crate wasn't destructible. :D I'm currently working on my Crushing game and this was very helpful. Thanks!

Yea. I could see why you wouldn't call it an exploit. But nothing else really fits. It's not really a glitch. It's not a secret (then again it took 3 years for someone to find it) and its definatley not skill or technique. But its mostly exploit, you're exploiting the fact that from that angle nobody can shoot you

I used another trick, as to never hug the walls, and shifting aiming shoulder so that I was able to hit the enemy before they could see me.

Yea, the 'shoot through the wall' bug was helpfull through the entire game. And switching between shoulders is just common sense. But I found that in this area crouching behind objects is all there really is to do. the only things you can actually stand behind are two-inch-thick pillars that shotgun run-and-gunners simply run behind and flank you.

And of course try to stay out of the line of fire.

I never thought of that until after chapter 5, sadly

:uzi: :no:

• 3 weeks later...
Awesome find, man! I have spent two days wrestling with this firefight and was able to use your method successfully on my second try. All I need is my Crushing for the Platinum, you helped get one more step closer. Thanks!

It's good to hear :) Im glad that I could help.

I didn't actually think that thread would be so popular especially in such a short period of time. Wouldn't it be cool if it was worth a sticky? *Hint Hint*

Wow, this is perfect! I have been looking all over the net for something to help me with this part! I'm not an Action/Shoot 'em up gamer so I found this part very hard. This is going to be as big as the infamous "Water room glitch"!

Everyone needs to know about "Metdevil's Ammo Crate Exploit"!

:bow: MODS! THIS THREAD MUST BE STICKIED! :bow:

Great advice. I've tried everything in that damn spot and kept dying all the time. This spot made it real easy. I almost killed all the guys with blindfiring my shotgun and blindthrowing grenades. I forgot to pick up ammo though (not sure if everybody was dead) and then the other guys came through the wall. Luckily there's a safepoint there and so after dying I killed those guys too real quick and finally got passed this spot.

:)

Wow, this is perfect! I have been looking all over the net for something to help me with this part! I'm not an Action/Shoot 'em up gamer so I found this part very hard. This is going to be as big as the infamous "Water room glitch"!

Everyone needs to know about "Metdevil's Ammo Crate Exploit"!

:bow: MODS! THIS THREAD MUST BE STICKIED! :bow:

Wow. Thanks for the praise :)

Mods, if you're reading, he does have a point ;)