Chapter 4 Skips (Easiest way to beat Crushing)

Hello, I saw the sticky topic about Chapter 4 and since most people seem to think it's the hardest chapter in the game, I thought I'd share two skips I found to make it extremely easy (though keep in mind; skip 2 is pretty damn hard to do):

This first skip makes - if done correctly - no enemies appear until you're very close to the waterfall part:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7iSXK6lScDw&feature=related]Skip 1 Video[/ame]

The second skip makes it possible to skip every fight at the wrecked plane except the first one (which isn't very hard). Also, no more enemies will appear for the entire chapter:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYtnf_mi0eo]Skip 2 Video[/ame]

The reason I found these is because I'm currently working on a speedrun for this game for speeddemosarchive. Just thought I'd share it, though I still think you should at least try do it without these skips a couple of times. ;) Enjoy!

Edit: I should say that I can't be 100 % sure you'll actually get the trophy by doing this, since I haven't tried it myself (got my plat a long time ago). Having that said, I'm confident it should work still.

Edited by Anemptybox

I think if you use this method you still get the trophy. I filmed another glitch in chapter 5, in the "blue room" :

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkXSJ4JLqpg]Uncharted Drake's Fortune Chapter 5 'Blue Room' Glitch Crushing - YouTube[/ame]

By reading the comments everyone has got the trophy.

Actually alot of glitches in the first game.:eek:

• 2 weeks later...
Absolutely brilliant :o

I'll try them to see if I still get the trophy for them, will post/edit in a few days with the result. WCS I'll have to redo chapters 4 and 22.

Did it work? Here's another but much smaller and less useful (for Crushing) skip I found:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeLiVD-mZFw]Uncharted: Drake's Fortune - Chapter 16 Skip (How to) - YouTube[/ame]

It's actually not necessary to use at all unless you're doing a speedrun or just want to mess around.

• 3 weeks later...
Wow nice! But are you really playing on crushing? It seems to easy, you suck up a lot of bullets!

And where is the skip 2, you call so hard? I don't see anything hard in your 2nd video?

Thanks much and I hope you can help me :)

I'm playing on Easy in the videos but the skips are still possible on Crushing. If you follow what I say (might take a couple of tries) in the first comment in Skip 1 the enemies who shoot me won't appear.

The hard thing about Skip 2 is going over the wall at the start of the video. You need to jump in a very precise way to make it.

I'm playing on Easy in the videos but the skips are still possible on Crushing. If you follow what I say (might take a couple of tries) in the first comment in Skip 1 the enemies who shoot me won't appear.

The hard thing about Skip 2 is going over the wall at the start of the video. You need to jump in a very precise way to make it.

Wow seems awesome! Are you sure you can get platinum with this?

I just tried trick 1 in the demo, but the first 3 enemies indeed didn't come, although he said here they come. But after I climbed up the tree root, there was 1 guy behind a rock, and 3 guys coming towards me from the direction I had to go.

Are you sure this works? Or is it different in the demo?

EDIT: Tried it a couple times more, and it turns out that you may not hit the fallen tree at all and that there is a certain point you have to hit the ledge at.

I tried killing the first 4 enemies (which shouldn't according to you), but that didn't worked, because the next enemies which shouldn't appear, according to you, appeared.

My guess is that this has to do something with the demo.

I googled a bit, but couldn't find anything.

Edited by MrCostari

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I might have to go ahead and try this, Just beat chapter 4 on crushing, took me an hour only to later realize...I didn't select new game when i started Crushing difficulty. Now I have to select new game and start over again. I hate this chapter, I hope this works and I get the platinum.

I just decided to do chapter 4 and rushed it in 1 hour on crushing, but without the glitch - I tried doing it, don't know if it's a patch or me doing things wrong, but even though I didn't shoot the lock and climbed from the side there were enemies waiting for me. Have to say that I'm flabbergasted how I did it so easily after it tormenting me for so long.. now only to hope the water room glitch works and I'm cool :)

The last time I played this game I had an idea of how the first skip actually works. I don't think it has much to do with how fast you are at that part, rather how you make the second jump (in the video). If you do it like me, I.E. climb up on that stone thing and then jump as far as possible, you will go through an invisible enemy trigger without actually triggering it.

Pretty sure that's how it works; there's a big enemy trigger at the second log.

• 3 weeks later...

^ you should know. you got the plat.

the first glitch was not working for me until i found out what i was doing wrong: you have to jump as far away to the left from the first log, i just jump a little to the left.

And you need to know how to make the jump past the second log but after i figured that out the skip worked like a charm just like skip 2.:applause:

EDIT: for everyone that still wonders: Yes you still get the platinum if you use these glitches.

Edited by Shadow-Killer

• 3 weeks later...

This is very interesting. I did start a Crushing playthrough nearly two years ago, but lost all progress to YLOD :mad:

I've decided to go back to this game and have started my Hard run again. Anything to help speed things along would be great. This will especially help not having to do those troublesome spots again!

If only there was a skip for the jet ski parts :rolleyes:

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here's a tip to make the 2nd glitch a little easier. After you get to the side of the ledge (which is the only hard part) dont immediately lift yourself up or your just gonna fall. While your hanging spin the camera so that its facing the top of the structure from the opposite side (180 degree turn). Once the camera is positioned hold the analog stick down and mash X and you should have no problem getting to the other side.

I hope this makes sense:think:. I was able to do it 3 times using this technique.

• 4 weeks later...
Hello, I saw the sticky topic about Chapter 4 and since most people seem to think it's the hardest chapter in the game, I thought I'd share two skips I found to make it extremely easy (though keep in mind; skip 2 is pretty damn hard to do):

This first skip makes - if done correctly - no enemies appear until you're very close to the waterfall part:

The second skip makes it possible to skip every fight at the wrecked plane except the first one (which isn't very hard). Also, no more enemies will appear for the entire chapter:

The reason I found these is because I'm currently working on a speedrun for this game for speeddemosarchive. Just thought I'd share it, though I still think you should at least try do it without these skips a couple of times. ;) Enjoy!

Edit: I should say that I can't be 100 % sure you'll actually get the trophy by doing this, since I haven't tried it myself (got my plat a long time ago). Having that said, I'm confident it should work still.

I'm on the stage of the second video posted. I think it does not work anymore.

He climbs the rock and get to keep the eaves but can not get to the other side.

I tried dozens of times and does not work.

For me, ammo crate is the unique solution....

Edited by Vickauto

I can confirm that the second skip does still work. Just used it a few days ago on my 'Crushing' playthrough. It is tricky though, and took me to several tries to get it. Don't give up, you will get it eventually.

It's hard for me to give any concrete tips on how to make it work consistently; it's definitely more of a 'feel' thing. All I can say is once you get him to jump up and to the right, spam the 'X' button. 9 times out of 10 he'll still just grab the ledge, at which point I'd just drop down and try again. If he doesn't grab the ledge he'll sort of skate along the top of it. If you see him start to do that, let go of 'X' immediately, otherwise he'll skate all the way to the right and right off the ledge. Once the 'skate' animation starts, use the stick to move him over the top of the structure. Hope that doesn't make things more confusing, it's a tough process to describe exactly.

• 1 month later...

Yeah. To any who read this thread looking for fast help with the fight at the plane wreckage, try the ammo crates trick first.

I tried this method and the only thing I ended up doing was jumping around like a retard for 25 minutes until I said screw this.

I tried the ammo crates trick and beat it my first try.

Edited by effdeegee