Does anybody else agree with me?

noahc66

That this game is a little bit over rated? I mean its still is good but don't you think people give it more credit than it deserves? Uncharted 2 and 3 are absolutely amazing but I think this game isn't as good as people say. The main thing i like about it is that its only for Ps3 and it has good graphics for 07. I feel like i'm alone cause i think its over rated. Anybody else agree with me? :confused:

I disagree, IMO 1Uncharted is just as good as 2 and 3, if not better than 3. After playing Uncharted 3, going back to one didn't feel much different. For a 5 year old game I think the game holds up extremely well. Yes the graphics are not as good as 2 or 3 but it's the start of the franchise and it set the foundation for 2 and 3.

Horses for courses.

I played it third, didn't think it came close to the others in terms of overall quality, from the graphics to the gameplay to the story. However, I still really enjoyed it. Having played 2 and 3 already, it was nice to get some background for the gang's later adventures.

I wasn't playing PS3 games back in 2007, so I can't say if it lived up to the hype at the time. It appears as though in terms of what games were like back then, it certainly was quite something. I will admit that it doesn't quite seem to have stood the test of time. It kind of feels like a demo for 2 and 3.

I'm playing this as my first PS3/UC game, and so far I have to say it didn't live up to the hype for me, but I feel like if I'd gotten the game when it was first released it would have been amazing. My main problem is that L1 and R1 are the buttons for aiming and shooting which is a bit of a pain when you've become accustomed to using LT/RT or L2/R2 for that. I also kind of really suck at the game right now, and die quite a bit even on Normal.

• 2 weeks later...

Definitely agree with you. Glad I am not alone. I really only played this one to get to the other two (as I hear they are a lot better). This game just wasn't polished enough. Buggy firefights and platforming. Blech. Give it a 7/10 or maybe a 6/10. Hoping for so much more in UC2 and UC3.

Not at all, the story is great, and it still has good graphics for me. I bought it on release, and wouldnt maybe have bought 2 or 3 without it.. It was a way bigger blast than any other PS3 game to play it for the first time.

Its the real Uncharted and will always be the base rock behind all new adventures if Drake will still have some.

Yeah...I didn't like it. At first. I just played a couple of chapters and stopped. A few months later...I had some down time between games and started it again. And I really liked it. Not sure what changed...but I ended up playing Uncharted and U2 back to back. That was a pretty enjoyable couple weeks of gaming.

Edited by sum1_worsethan_u
typo

• 1 month later...

I've not yet played 2 or 3 and I've only dabbled in the first but I would have to agree that the hype has outweighed the grandeur of the game. That's not to say that the game itself doesn't have it's moments, like the first time crossing over a narrow stretch of path and having to use the controller itself as a means of balancing versus just the analog stick put a smile on my face. Graphically it's no slouch either. I think my biggest gripe comes from the problem I have with many games in this generation and that is that developers use far too many and too lengthy cinematics. While pretty and great for driving the story they seem to have become a crutch. Quicktime events and "live" or "interactive" cinimatics, a la Assassin's Creed, have tried to keep the audience tied to the game I still feel removed from the character, especially the longer they are or when developed using CGI versus in game character models.

• 5 weeks later...

I'm actually enjoying the game a lot. I got the ps vita on day 1 and almost got golden abyss but opted not to until I've played the others (I'm one of the few who have had a ps3 for over 2 years and never played this game... Weird, I know) and just got the dual pack with this and uc2 goty edition for my birthday last week. I wasn't sure how it would hold up considering it's like 5 years old but I think it's outstanding. My only issues are the crazy ai that like to jump around like maniacs and I'm not a fan of the jet ski segments. those are very minor issues to me though as the overall game is phenomenal

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I disagree, IMO 1Uncharted is just as good as 2 and 3, if not better than 3. After playing Uncharted 3, going back to one didn't feel much different. For a 5 year old game I think the game holds up extremely well. Yes the graphics are not as good as 2 or 3 but it's the start of the franchise and it set the foundation for 2 and 3.

I beg to differ here. After getting the Platinum for Uncharted 3, I went back to finish this game on Crushing. I found that the aiming system wasn't as good, the enemies were "jittery" and the fact that the whole game takes place on the same island (more or less) is very repetitive.

I'm not saying this game isn't great, because it is! I'm just saying there was a reason why this game didn't make me want to buy uncharted 2 for a long time. I LOVE Uncharted 2 and 3, for the storylines more than anything else :)

• 2 weeks later...

On my first playthrough last year I thought it was really crappy, mainly cause I sucked at the game and also I didn't realize that you could shoot back at the enemies in the Seadoo levels lol. I thought you had to dodge the barrels and dodge the enemy gun fire and make it to the end and I kept dying. Ah well.

Now I think it's awesome, one of the best games ever for sure.

• 4 weeks later...

Considering this game was released in later 2007 i think it was, this game was a cut above the rest 5 years ago. Ofcourse now in 2012 ofcourse it isn't going to compare as well, look at how much better UC2 and UC3 are. The developers put more effort into make the games better over time. I don't think UC1 is overappreciated actually, it has a metascore much lower than UC2.

• 2 weeks later...

Over-rated is being polite. I am struggling to complete this game due to it being so boring, repetitive and not the least bit fun.

I can honestly say that in my opinion it is one of the worst games i've played and because of that I will definitely be avoiding 2 and 3.