XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > > > >

Old 01-15-2012, 07:32 PM   #1
noahc66

Question Does anybody else agree with me?

That this game is a little bit over rated? I mean its still is good but don't you think people give it more credit than it deserves? Uncharted 2 and 3 are absolutely amazing but I think this game isn't as good as people say. The main thing i like about it is that its only for Ps3 and it has good graphics for 07. I feel like i'm alone cause i think its over rated. Anybody else agree with me?

#48 on the Frequent Flyer trophy leaderboard for the Batman Arkham City HQ DLC on PSNProfiles.com
noahc66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 02:22 AM   #2
apoc27

I disagree, IMO 1Uncharted is just as good as 2 and 3, if not better than 3. After playing Uncharted 3, going back to one didn't feel much different. For a 5 year old game I think the game holds up extremely well. Yes the graphics are not as good as 2 or 3 but it's the start of the franchise and it set the foundation for 2 and 3.
Old 01-17-2012, 02:28 AM   #3
dz06lt

Awards Showcase 10,000 Posts   Call of Duty 4 Birthday
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)

Overrated, perhaps you should read some reviews

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune for PlayStation 3 Reviews, Ratings, Credits, and More at Metacritic

13 PS4 Now Playing Grand Theft Auto V; 102 PS3 Now Playing None; 90 Xbox360 Now Playing GTA San Andreas. 2 XB1

dz06lt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 02:53 AM   #4
Metdevil

Awards Showcase THL Season 7 - Blackout   Word of Mouth - Bronze   Bronzer Than Nothing   Bright Idea!   Maximum Clubs Top 5   THL Season 6 - Olsen's Secret List   First PS4 Game Nights   5,000 Posts   Community Gaming Event Bronze
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)

Easily, I only gave the game a shot because of all the hype. I was very dissapointed with it...

Metdevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 10:49 AM   #5
kahna

Horses for courses.

I played it third, didn't think it came close to the others in terms of overall quality, from the graphics to the gameplay to the story. However, I still really enjoyed it. Having played 2 and 3 already, it was nice to get some background for the gang's later adventures.

I wasn't playing PS3 games back in 2007, so I can't say if it lived up to the hype at the time. It appears as though in terms of what games were like back then, it certainly was quite something. I will admit that it doesn't quite seem to have stood the test of time. It kind of feels like a demo for 2 and 3.
Old 01-20-2012, 09:58 PM   #6
AxelDesade

I'm playing this as my first PS3/UC game, and so far I have to say it didn't live up to the hype for me, but I feel like if I'd gotten the game when it was first released it would have been amazing. My main problem is that L1 and R1 are the buttons for aiming and shooting which is a bit of a pain when you've become accustomed to using LT/RT or L2/R2 for that. I also kind of really suck at the game right now, and die quite a bit even on Normal.
AxelDesade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 05:46 AM   #7
nax5

Definitely agree with you. Glad I am not alone. I really only played this one to get to the other two (as I hear they are a lot better). This game just wasn't polished enough. Buggy firefights and platforming. Blech. Give it a 7/10 or maybe a 6/10. Hoping for so much more in UC2 and UC3.
nax5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 06:37 PM   #8
CzarIndustries

Not that its worth anything, but I agree with the OP. Uncharted 3 is the 3rd best Uncharted. ND is a solid dev and deserves credit for an amazing game, but... but... it just didn't do it for me like UC1 and UC2. *shrug*

Buy the game anyways... it's still worth every penny.
Old 02-02-2012, 03:27 PM   #9
chaos muffin

If the game just stood on the battle system alone, or the stealth system, or the climbing system ... then it would be overrated.
But with all these gameplay types merged almost perfectly into one , is something we rarely get to see.
chaos muffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 04:21 PM   #10
Totoyeahwhat

Send a message via Yahoo to Totoyeahwhat

Awards Showcase Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Tournament Champion   10,000 Posts   First PS4 Game Nights   THL Season 5 - Cross-site Competition Champions   Bronzer Than Nothing   Community Gaming Event Platinum   THL Season 4 - Big Ol' Pile of Platinums   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Jack of All Trades   I Beat the Staff Too!!!!   Call of Duty 4 Birthday
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)

If we ex. says 100 people plays the game and 2-3 don't like it. Is it then overrated? Not at all. There's always a few people who don't like a certain game.