I think Elena should be killed.

I know many of you will disagree but I think she should be killed off and here is why. First of all it sparked as a tacked on love interest like all action movies do. Then Drake dumps Elena, finds someone else and then goes back to Elena again in the second game. If he stays with her things may be a little more serious between them and who knows maybe Drake will stop wanting to go on adventures after they get married and have children. However if Elena is killed off it then provides a new and interesting plot twist no one would see coming. Nathan Drake's story would be a little more deep and we all know he would want revenge. He may even become just a little more tough inside if Elena were to be killed. He did alot just to save her ass in the first two games imagine how bad he will react when she dies.

I am also getting sick of the fact that Elena manages to live through everything and yet Cameraman Jeff and Karl Schafer will get killed off with out hesitation, it's not looking good for the bad guys of the story.

Edited by Lord Tony

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know many of you will disagree but I think she should be killed off and here is why. First of all it sparked as a tacked on love interest like all action movies do. Then Drake dumps Elena, finds someone else and then goes back to Elena again in the second game. If he stays with her things may be a little more serious between them and who knows maybe Drake will stop wanting to go on adventures after they get married and have children. However if Elena is killed off it then provides a new and interesting plot twist no one would see coming. Nathan Drake's story would be a little more deep and we all know he would want revenge. He may even become just a little more tough inside if Elena were to be killed. He did alot just to save her ass in the first two games imagine how bad he will react when she dies.

I am also getting sick of the fact that Elena manages to live through everything and yet Cameraman Jeff and Karl Schafer will get killed off with out hesitation, it's not looking good for the bad guys of the story.

Or it could be like Mummy 3.

While this possible outcome of Elena being killed does sound interesting, I would still say no to it.

Elena, love her or hate her, deserves to continue being in the Uncharted franchise.

The only way I would change my mind on this is if it were her or Sully. In this case, da bitch gotta die:eek:

Nah I wouldn't wanna see Elena die, I mean I think Uncharted's strength is that it mixes Comedy with Danger/Action it doesn't need to get Darker I mean going darker doesn't always suit that sort of combination and defo don't think it suits Uncharted.

Also I haven't heard her mentioned so far so she doesn't have to die for Drake to carry on his adventures not aslong as Sully is around :)

Edited by Ash_Flake

Elena is too important to kill off. If you want to see someone die, it should be Chloe. Her and Drake were pretty good friends, and even Elena seemed to warm up to her after a while. Having Chloe get killed, and Drake and Elena avenging her murder would be better than Elena being killed.

I think the only way that Elena is killed off in this game is if the 4th in the series is planned to be a prequel, before Elena came along.

I'm envisioning a younger Drake and Sully, and this would also open the possibility of re-introducing Harry Flynn (poor Harry, blowing his ass up and all :() and Chloe, since they were introduced in #2 as people from Drake's past. :think:

She already has been kidnapped in Uncharted: Drake's Fortune. They can't do it a second time it's getting old and predictable now.
They already did do it a second time, in Uncharted 2 (hell, they did everything from Uncharted 1 a second time in Uncharted 2). It is getting old and predictable, they need to come up with some new plot points to keep things fresh.

I don't know about killing Elena, but if they go that way they need to actually kill her.

[spoiler=j39dj3]We already saw her almost get killed but not really she's fine now just in time for the ending romance scene. And if they do a "We're gonna think she might die but NOPE she's fine" thing again, it'll be just as played out as her getting kidnapped.

And the treasure not being a treasure at all but an ancient curse.

And someone on Drake's team maybe being a traitor keep playing to find out.

...Naughty Dog needs some fresh ideas badly.

They already did do it a second time, in Uncharted 2 (hell, they did everything from Uncharted 1 a second time in Uncharted 2). It is getting old and predictable, they need to come up with some new plot points to keep things fresh.

I don't know about killing Elena, but if they go that way they need to actually kill her.

[spoiler=j39dj3]We already saw her almost get killed but not really she's fine now just in time for the ending romance scene. And if they do a "We're gonna think she might die but NOPE she's fine" thing again, it'll be just as played out as her getting kidnapped.

And the treasure not being a treasure at all but an ancient curse.

And someone on Drake's team maybe being a traitor keep playing to find out.

Oh right I forgot she was kidnapped in the second game as well. Is she going to get kidnapped in the third game? Come on I think they are over doing Elena as character that gets into trouble, it's her time to die. I even think Sully was not in Uncharted 2 as much because they wanted to focus more attention on Elena. If you want more Sully then Elena must die or stay out.

Edited by Lord Tony

I have a good idea, what if Drake is kidnapped and you play as Elena to rescue him? I know its still kidnap but it'll be different because Drake will be the one being rescued. OR they could be kidnapped together and have to escape together (this would create epic stealth sequences). What do you think?

I don't see Elena using stealth in the actual game any time soon, (not counting multiplayer of course). She can't even climb that well in single player and she can barely shoot a handgun, how is she going to be any use? Half the time she hides around and she was no help when I needed it most with the damn guardians in crushing mode.

Edited by Lord Tony

I don't see Elena using stealth in the actual game any time soon, (not counting multiplayer of course). She can't even climb that well in single player and she can barely shoot a handgun, how is she going to be any use? Half the time she hides around and she was no help when I needed it most with the damn guardians in crushing mode.

Well it is crushing mode for a reason.........

All the characters who help drake out only shoot handguns basically, so maybe if the two of them decided to go to some training facilty then it could work, this would be a way to introduce the new game mechanics too (i think they were backwards climbing and engage multiple enemies at once), while drake is learning that, elena could be learning the basics of climbing and shooting etc.

i actually didnt play the story out in uncharted 2 thanks for spoiling it.

edit: i just see this is uncharted 3 forum i mislooked. but thats still no reason to spoil uncharted 2.

Edited by Hogger

i actually didnt play the story out in uncharted 2 thanks for spoiling it.

edit: i just see this is uncharted 3 forum i mislooked. but thats still no reason to spoil uncharted 2.

You could've taken two seconds to see that it was in the UC3 forum...Plus, the game has been out for over a year so I don't think it's really spoiling it too much.

Lord Tony, You're a sadistic bastard! Elena is a saint and would never do anything to you :mad:

Plus, Chloe is a bizatch ;)

You could've taken two seconds to see that it was in the UC3 forum...Plus, the game has been out for over a year so I don't think it's really spoiling it too much.

Lord Tony, You're a sadistic bastard! Elena is a saint and would never do anything to you :mad:

Plus, Chloe is a bizatch ;)

still its spoiling and i thought spoiling wasnt allowed here. how your gonna feel if i spoil a game for you because you waited a year to buy it. but anyway i leave this discussion.

Edited by Hogger