Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception Unveiled

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception Unveiled - PS3 News at IGN

'Uncharted' exclusive: Your first look at 2011's must-play videogame 'Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception' | PopWatch | EW.com

Sony has unveiled a new Uncharted ahead of its big reveal at this weekend's VGA Awards, with first details confirming that Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception takes the wise-cracking hero to the deserts of the Arabian Peninsula.

Although the official reveal won't be coming until Saturday night's awards ceremony, Entertainment Weekly has gone live with its first impressions of the game, again developed by Naughty Dog.

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception is said to focus on the relationship between Sully and Drake as the pair search for a lost city in the Arabian Peninsula and across the Rub' al Khali Desert. T.E Lawrence is said to be an inspiration for the story and setting.

"When we first came up with the idea of sand, you see everyone's eyes light up here and go, 'Yeah, that's going to be really hard — let's do it!'" said the game's creative director Ann Henning.

"We're a bunch of nerds. We just look forsomething that will be a technical, artistic challenge, and allowed us to push into an area of the world and history we've never tapped into before," added Naughty Dog co-president Evan Wells.

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception's new features include the ability to fight multiple enemies as well as 'enhanced backward climbing' – though quite how that pans out remains to be seen.

A teaser trailer accompanying the reveal shows the new desert setting. "All men dream," says the Nolan North-voiced Nathan Drake, "but not equally".

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves has proved to be one of the PlayStation 3's greatest games, earning IGN's Game of the Year in 2009.

2nd link has a little teaser trailer

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/A1cQLO64paL._AA1500_.jpg

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/712MQ3kgV3L._AA1280_.jpg

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/71diM30JtmL._AA1280_.jpg

Pics from Amazon

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Uncharted-3-Playstation/dp/B004EQCCI4/ref=sr_1_16?ie=UTF8&qid=1291914954&sr=8-16]Amazon.com: Uncharted 3: Video Games[/ame]

A search for the fabled "Atlantis of the Sands" propels fortune hunter Nathan Drake on a trek into the heart of the Arabian Desert. When the terrible secrets of this lost city are unearthed, Drake’s quest descends into a desperate bid for survival that strains the limits of his endurance and forces him to confront his deepest fears.
Edited by mcolwander90

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now that I think about it...... WHY THE FUCK did they tease it???

Now we have to wait all that way till October.

I hope it'd ready by June or so.

Hmm, my guess is release by november, but either way:

More Sully

More Locations

And they are planning something big for multiplayer this time!

Great news:applause:

"The publication were ran through a level, whose location they can’t discuss, that featured all of Nathan Drake’s classic elements (jumping and climbing constantly shifting events) as well as some new elements such as “backward climbing” and “the ability to fight multple baddies at once” (we’re not sure what that bit quite means). Wells told them that much effort are being put into Uncharted 3‘s online multiplayer and co-op, which Naughty Dog will share more details on in the coming months.

We want to take on the big boys of the multi-player genre,” said Wells. “It has become something here at Naughty Dog that will become an important part to all our games.”

Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception launches in 2011, which also signals the beginning of Uncharted‘s push to become a “transmedia” entertainment brand, according to Wells."

link:

http://scrawlfx.com/2010/12/uncharted-3-drakes-deception-revealed

Edited by Blood_Runs_Cold

I don't see whats making 2011 great but I haven't really looked it up.

I'm looking forward to Arkham City and I am Alive.

Anyway never played an Uncharted as only just moved to PS3 but seems to be one of best PS3 exclusives to some people so I'll be buying this.

mass effect 2, batman arkham city and now this? what else could u ask for?

it's look like 2011 won't be a boring year for me :D

LBP2, Resistance 3, Killzone 3, inFAMOUS 2, Last Guardian (+ ICO Collection)

you get the idea :p

This year will be awesome! I'll use my wallet so much it'd leave me for another pocket.

Amazon has a nice cover and 2 ultra bad ass screen shots

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Uncharted-3-Playstation/dp/B004EQCCI4/ref=sr_1_16?ie=UTF8&qid=1291914954&sr=8-16]Amazon.com: Uncharted 3: Video Games[/ame]

Yes, the cover does say 3D

***Updates original post****

Edited by mcolwander90

A search for the fabled "Atlantis of the Sands" propels fortune hunter Nathan Drake on a trek into the heart of the Arabian Desert. When the terrible secrets of this lost city are unearthed, Drake’s quest descends into a desperate bid for survival that strains the limits of his endurance and forces him to confront his deepest fears.
I can't wait to see what the "Atlantis of the Sands" does to people. Will it kill them outright like the treasure of the first game, will it turn them into some kind of super-human like the treasure of the second game, or will they do something semi-new but not really because we've seen this plot twice already?