Best gun for Head Hunter trophy?

Let me just start this off with an admission that headshots are not my thing. I'm an M9 guy. Mid-range, fill you full of bullets, etc. I have 6 trophies left: 2 treasure ones, 2 protect the statue, Kills in the Hill, and Head Hunter medals. I'm trying to figure out which gun makes this the easiest to chip away at. I've tried the Dragons, but I'm not quick enough. I've thought about trying the golden G-MAL. I've also been shot in the head myself with M9s. So my question is do I stick with my M9 and just aim at the head, practice a LOT with the Dragon, or is the G-MAL the best balance between ammo and accuracy? Or is there an even better option? Thanks for your feedback.

I found the M9 (the gun I was already most comfortable with) was best for my run at this trophy. Pick any weapon mods and boosters you think will help you out, and just aim for the head.

It's not so much that you'll get all sorts of perfect headshots, but aim in that general vicinity, let it rip, and hope the bullet that gets the kill hits the head. The better you get at that, the more headshots you'll start to rack up.

If you do it with the M9, close up kills are better. Any sneaky tricks you picked up from the stealth kills trophy might come in handy here, too. You may also want to play with the camera sensitivity, so you feel like you've got good control in keeping the gun on a relatively small target.

My 2 cents.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Let me just start this off with an admission that headshots are not my thing. I'm an M9 guy. Mid-range, fill you full of bullets, etc. I have 6 trophies left: 2 treasure ones, 2 protect the statue, Kills in the Hill, and Head Hunter medals. I'm trying to figure out which gun makes this the easiest to chip away at. I've tried the Dragons, but I'm not quick enough. I've thought about trying the golden G-MAL. I've also been shot in the head myself with M9s. So my question is do I stick with my M9 and just aim at the head, practice a LOT with the Dragon, or is the G-MAL the best balance between ammo and accuracy? Or is there an even better option? Thanks for your feedback.

I used the Dragon and played Plunder matches. Maps like Dry Docks are great where you can snipe players going for the idol from far away.