Asian online code with us psn?

****Edited****

So I scrolled down just a bit and saw this question answered on the very first page. Sorry about that. I'd delete it if I knew how...

So, I have a brand new copy of U3 (Asia version) and I just tried to redeem the online code that came with the game but it said that it's either expired or I'm putting the code in incorrectly. :eek: There is no expiration date listed anywhere on the game box or booklet and a checked the accuracy of the code plenty of times. :think:

I did some googlin' and saw that the code might not work with my US psn because it's an Asian copy. Is this the problem? If so, is there any way to workaround this without trying to get a refund? This is sucking as I'm half way through crushing and just now finding out there's 2 itsy bitsy trophies I may not be able to get.... :mad:

Any help guys? Thanks!

Edited by Vaniroth

Codes, regardless of whether they're DLC, online pass or wallet top-up, are region based. You simply have to make an Asian PSN account and redeem the code there. You should be able to play online on your US account then (I haven't tried with online passes, but DLC do work). There are plenty of video and picture based guides for making Japanese/Chinese PSN accounts, simple Google on how to make a PSN account for Japanese/Chinese PSN.

EDIT: How to Make a Japanese PSN Account on the New PSN (and How to Navigate the Store)

If you're making a Hong-Kong account, the menus should be in English :)

Edited by DarkDante14
added a link to a guide on making Japanese PSN accounts

Thanks darkdante. I was actually able to get the the competitive trophy using the free multiplayer version on PSN and the cooperative through splitscreen. I'll remember your tips about DLC from other regions as I'll probably run into issues like that with other games (I live in Asia). Thanks again!