So... any reason why the RPG7 is essentially an old school resident evil key?

First off, I noticed something about this game : It has a lot of weapon but the games like to steal them from you right after you got them. The worse case is the RPG7, wich isn't even that good a weapon. This game made the rocket launcher, a god damn explosive device, an hilariously weak weapon that somehow can one shot you by accident and turned it into an old school resident evil key. By that I mean you use it once to open a door and the games literaly dumps it god knows where via cutscene or magic. (like before the boat, you have to shoot a tinier boat and Nathan just dumps on the ground after that, even with 2 shots left. Then later when you first encounter Salim it just morphs into a machine gun -the fal something one- in the middle of the cutscene for no reason.)

The reason this pisses me off is that there's a trophy for 30 with one. My probleme? I had precisly 2 kills at the end of the game. So I had to load the chapter with the fire head guys where there was one and grind there by killing 2 out of the three and dying until I hit 30. Why? Like I said, the weapon is hilariously weak and a very short range for a damn explosion. And it's basicaly only used ever to open doors because it just magic out of the game for another 3 hours to then open another door. (Wich, to be fair, is actualy a nice use of one. How I wished you could do that instead of fetch questing keys in other games.)

Even the PK 80 or something like that, the special machine gun the big guy have. I found only 2 in the game very late in the game. One time wich was in the boat, and I couldn't use it because there was no ennemy left and I had to drop it to continue.

Seriously, this game has some REALLY strange decision all over the place. I mean, I don't want to be spoon fed the kill trophy, but at least have one good opportunity to get a few kills with them. I even had trouble with some of the normal/common weapons, because I never ever got anything else outside Para 9 and Micro Arm, I think I found what, 6 tau snipers in the game? I had the same set of weapons for about 80% of the game and when I had something else, I had either no ennemies and the game cutscene robbed me of my weapons or I had enough bullet to kill maybe 4 guys if I was lucky (and no, it's not because I can't aim. I'll be the first to admit I suck at shooting anything but I'm not THAT bad that I can't conserve ammo). And most of the time, if I found something else there wasn't any trophy kill for them.

I'm just utterly confused as to why this game goes out of it's way to never let you toy around with actualy fun weapons for more than 5 seconds.

Edited by ChibiRico8

While UC2 allowed the purchase of weapons UC3 is not going to give some weapon kills quickly. The RPG and Dragon Sniper I farmed in the dockyard (?) area with floating platforms and ships. There are at least 3 RPG rounds in there so not more than 20 minutes to mop up the trophy. The Dragon Sniper is also in the area.

The area easily allows kill/die/repeat on the final tower. Leave the last enemy on the distant ship and respawn is virtually void of combat.

• 2 weeks later...
Definitely helped a lot being able to buy the weapons in UC2 but I did noice even in that one when I would get a RPG or the hammer I would always lose them at the end of the chapter.

More like, how I said, you would use it to open a door and the game will forcefully take it out of you're hand, even fully loaded. I really don't understand why they do that, it's not even powerfull on any difficulty (Well, to be fair, maybe easy or something but who plays on baby mode?)

And I never used the buy guns option for Uncharted 2 <_< I did use the Chloe and Fat Drake skins a lot for fun though.