Infinite spinning ring

My copy of Uncharted 3 is not loading. Every time I go to continue my game I just get the spinning ring that never goes away. I know this has been a common issue since the games release, but no one seems to have good fix for this problem. I think this is really ridiculous that this problem persists over 2.5 years after the games initial release. So does anyone have an idea of what I could do to fix this issue, so I can go for my platinum trophy?

P.S. I have the GOTY edition, if that helps. Thanks.

My copy of Uncharted 3 is not loading. Every time I go to continue my game I just get the spinning ring that never goes away. I know this has been a common issue since the games release, but no one seems to have good fix for this problem. I think this is really ridiculous that this problem persists over 2.5 years after the games initial release. So does anyone have an idea of what I could do to fix this issue, so I can go for my platinum trophy?

P.S. I have the GOTY edition, if that helps. Thanks.

Try deleting the game from your game data/hard drive and re-install it (although ensure you don't delete the respective save data). Essentially you would keep all progress with the game but would be re-installing the game as if it were brand new. No progress will be lost.

I'm not sure if this is a fix, but it would be the first thing I would try as it doesn't risk anything and equally it has been known to fix issues like this in the past.

Try deleting the game from your game data/hard drive and re-install it (although ensure you don't delete the respective save data). Essentially you would keep all progress with the game but would be re-installing the game as if it were brand new. No progress will be lost.

I'm not sure if this is a fix, but it would be the first thing I would try as it doesn't risk anything and equally it has been known to fix issues like this in the past.

Yeah, I tried that previously and just tried it again, but it's still not working. I wish I had figured this out a few weeks earlier, so I could of at least downloaded the free PS+ version. Thanks anyway.

This has happened to me on several occasions. I have the UK GOTY edition. I just keep quitting after 5min of the spinning ring, taking the disc out then reloading. Eventually it would work. It doesn't happen very often and all my other games/movies are fine so it's clearly an issue with the disc.

This edition had some other pretty terrible glitches... Like falling through the map during a chase during every playthrough and the final boss being invincible.