Damn treasures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Advice requested

So as the title suggests I am working on the treasure trophies, and as you can imagine I am banging my head against the wall in rage. Whoever thought it would be a good idea to include the treasures as trophies should be shot and burned :rant: Seriously I have never been so angry at a game. The sheer waste of time and effort I have expended so far is mind boggling. And I'm still not even half way there.

My question is if there is any way to make the treasures I want have a higher chance to appear? I know the process can be sled up by boosting in the coop hunter arena but I am talking about the trophies only found in coop adventure.

For example I have been trying to get the 2 specific treasure to drop in Syria and Borneo for a week now but for some reason when I play on hard mode for hard/crushing treasures, 90% of the time I get treasures that appear on easy/normal!!!!! :rant:

This is insanely frustrating because it is a huge time sink and one can only just hope not only that a hard/crushing treasure will drop (Which it should in the first place if your playing on hard. Why on earth would easy/normal treasures appear?), but also that it is the treasure you need. You have a better chance of growing wings and flying than trying to control this.

So is there a way to get only the hard/crushing treasures to drop? Also do certain enemies only drop certain treasures? Like if there are 3 bosses will each one of them drop a separate treasure or is it truly random?

ANY advice anyone could give me would be eternally grateful as I am really starting to get pissed. I have been searching for 1 treasure in Syria all fricking week and I am tired of doing it.

Honestly these treasure trophies could very well be the most annoying/difficult trophies I have ever seen. Seriously, any other trophy I have ever seen in ANY game pales in comparison to the insane amount if luck required to get these trophies. It is absolutely ridiculous and positively rage-inducing. The person who thought of the treasure system at naughty dog should be fired and shot :rant: :rant:

Anyways ANY advice would be MUCH appreciated. Thanks guys! :)

Edited by janne-da-arc24

Unfortunately there are no strategies or methods to make the treasures drop more frequent or for more rare treasures to appear. I have spent hundreds of hours myself on this alone and am still one treasure short of the 100%.

My best advice would be to wait for a rare treasure weekend where naughty dog increase the drop rate and rarity of all treasures. I got about 70% of my treasures on one weekend alone.

Do the adventure trophys, and farm the arena ones, until you are about 10-15 left

than wait 1-6months until the next rare event, and than play hunter SS 24/7

hunter SS is the worst fucking game ever, but it has better rare drop rate.

it only just bearable on a rare event.i took me i dontwanttoknow howmanygames, but i got there, but only with rare events. one in last july (when is started), and one in november, when i finished it.

one other thing i noticed, if i didnt play for two weeks, got in a game, in the first game, i can get a drop pretty easy. i dont know if it has anything to do with the drop rate calculation, but its just my feeling.

btw i got my last treasure from a fucking chest, no kidding in hunter SS.

just kill kill kill, eventully (100-500h) they will drop

if you want to save time, do it in a rare weekend.

i barely got any rare drops, when wasnt a rare weekend or event.

i finally did the 100% back in november, but dont know why.

was it worth it? i really dont know. sooner or later i wont have the time, to keep everything til 100%, and it wasnt even close to fun farming in hunter SS

arena has its charm for a while, but farming cheatou gets booring pretty fast, even on crushing.

this is my 4 cents.

i'd say dont do it, not wort wasting 100+h boosting these treasures for 2 dlc trophy

maybe if you have EVERY other game 100% and its really important to you, but these trophies are just insane.

2 years ago i thought that the UC2 coop crushing trophys were insane. if only

I need adventure treasures too, and one thing you said, I second that.

Hard and crushing levels should only have hard and crushing treasures.

That would easy things up a lot.

Also, my hint to you: stop playing for a while.

Play other games, chill and forget Uncharted every other week. Every time I stop a week or two, I get a treasure at most on the second or third match I play.

I stopped playing it for like a month or two, 'cause college was making me nuts.

When I came back this week I got 3 treasures in two matches.

Now I'm only 5 treasures from the 100% (excluding the adventure ones, of course).

Thrust me, stop playing it for a week or two and come back straight to what treasure drop you are needing (Arena, Hunter or Adventure). You'll probably get something.

Also, before you stop, play with me. As I have a long time without playing, I'll probably be getting some other drop anytime now. If you wanna try your luck one last time before giving it some time to cool off, add me.

My ID is FamiliaWerneck.

Best of luck to you bro.

Edited by FamiliaWerneck

Unfortunately there are no strategies or methods to make the treasures drop more frequent or for more rare treasures to appear. I have spent hundreds of hours myself on this alone and am still one treasure short of the 100%.

My best advice would be to wait for a rare treasure weekend where naughty dog increase the drop rate and rarity of all treasures. I got about 70% of my treasures on one weekend alone.

Honestly this is fricking ridiculous. I have NEVER been this angry. This is the first time in a long time that I am actually thinking of giving up. Or at least wait until those rare treasure weekends you were talking about. Do they have these events somewhat often? So just to clarify no one has an idea of how the treasure system works? Like if 1 boss has a certain rare treasure it drops etc.?

Do the adventure trophys, and farm the arena ones, until you are about 10-15 left

than wait 1-6months until the next rare event, and than play hunter SS 24/7

hunter SS is the worst fucking game ever, but it has better rare drop rate.

it only just bearable on a rare event.i took me i dontwanttoknow howmanygames, but i got there, but only with rare events. one in last july (when is started), and one in november, when i finished it.

one other thing i noticed, if i didnt play for two weeks, got in a game, in the first game, i can get a drop pretty easy. i dont know if it has anything to do with the drop rate calculation, but its just my feeling.

btw i got my last treasure from a fucking chest, no kidding in hunter SS.

just kill kill kill, eventully (100-500h) they will drop

if you want to save time, do it in a rare weekend.

i barely got any rare drops, when wasnt a rare weekend or event.

i finally did the 100% back in november, but dont know why.

was it worth it? i really dont know. sooner or later i wont have the time, to keep everything til 100%, and it wasnt even close to fun farming in hunter SS

arena has its charm for a while, but farming cheatou gets booring pretty fast, even on crushing.

this is my 4 cents.

i'd say dont do it, not wort wasting 100+h boosting these treasures for 2 dlc trophy

maybe if you have EVERY other game 100% and its really important to you, but these trophies are just insane.

2 years ago i thought that the UC2 coop crushing trophys were insane. if only

I agree with your post 100% I have never seen trophies as insane as these are. I am doubting my own insanity in having taken on this almost impossible task. It seems from reading the posts that waiting for a rare treasure weekend seems to be the most effective way of getting the treasures.

I have been farming coop adventure hard/crushing treasures but its almost an exercise in futility. I have no idea why they would make it so the easy/normal treasures appear in hard/crushing but the only reason I can think of is that the people at naughty dog are masochists.

The thing is, if I knew that for example each boss drops a difference rare treasure or that you can farm one boss for all the rare treasures in a level, it would at least make things a little easier.

Am I correct in saying that the rarest treasure in each level is the one listed at the bottom?

I have been farming Syria for a week straight for 1 rate treasure and of the 3 bosses they SEEM to drop a different rare treasure each but I'm not sure. For example the 2nd boss dropped the second treasure in the 3 treasure set and the last boss dropped the last rare treasure (and rarest I think) so I THINK the first boss will drop the 1st rare treasure in the set, but I have yet to get him to drop anything but easy/normal treasures. To be fair I haven't tried that long farming him but do you think I am on to something here or is it just coincidence?

I repeat the person at naughty dog who thought putting the treasures as trophies or the person who designed the drop rate system should be shot.

I finally have realized just how hard getting the treasures are. Everyone warned me beforehand but now I finally realize how impossible it actually is....

Screw you Naughty Dog!!! :rant: :rant: :rant:

I need adventure treasures too, and one thing you said, I second that.

Hard and crushing levels should only have hard and crushing treasures.

That would easy things up a lot.

Also, my hint to you: stop playing for a while.

Play other games, chill and forget Uncharted every other week. Every time I stop a week or two, I get a treasure at most on the second or third match I play.

I stopped playing it for like a month or two, 'cause college was making me nuts.

When I came back this week I got 3 treasures in two matches.

Now I'm only 5 treasures from the 100% (excluding the adventure ones, of course).

Thrust me, stop playing it for a week or two and come back straight to what treasure drop you are needing (Arena, Hunter or Adventure). You'll probably get something.

Also, before you stop, play with me. As I have a long time without playing, I'll probably be getting some other drop anytime now. If you wanna try your luck one last time before giving it some time to cool off, add me.

My ID is FamiliaWerneck.

Best of luck to you bro.

Hey man! Thanks a lot for the advice :) I really hate stopping something even for a little once I start something but I might actually take a break this time. It's simply infuriating.

That's great advice though. Maybe your drop rate if rare treasures is temporarily increased after you take a break or something.

Anyways yeah I would love to try it with you. I will add you when I get home and will be on all weekend. If I could just get the adventure treasures done it would be a big step towards finishing this nightmare.

Hey man! Thanks a lot for the advice :) I really hate stopping something even for a little once I start something but I might actually take a break this time. It's simply infuriating.

That's great advice though. Maybe your drop rate if rare treasures is temporarily increased after you take a break or something.

Anyways yeah I would love to try it with you. I will add you when I get home and will be on all weekend. If I could just get the adventure treasures done it would be a big step towards finishing this nightmare.

I don't know where, but some official post from Naughty Dog says that you are guaranteed a treasure after some time without playing. It also states that the treasure tend to be something you don't have. Of course, stills luck based. But you have more chances of getting a tresure and you can be sure you will get treasures.

I don't like stopping too. But sometimes you just need some time off to pull yourself together again. Plus, in Uncharted's case, you may get better results with little (or bigger in my case) breaks every now and then.

I don't know where, but some official post from Naughty Dog says that you are guaranteed a treasure after some time without playing. It also states that the treasure tend to be something you don't have. Of course, stills luck based. But you have more chances of getting a tresure and you can be sure you will get treasures.

I don't like stopping too. But sometimes you just need some time off to pull yourself together again. Plus, in Uncharted's case, you may get better results with little (or bigger in my case) breaks every now and then.

True enough my friend. No one likes to walk away even for a little but I just might do that to preserve my sanity. It's reassuring to hear that bit of information regarding the rare treasures dropping more frequently after not playing for a while. It gives me a little hope at least lol :)

Hopefully this weekend I can get at least 1 or 2 new coop adventure treasures!

Here are my tips: :)

- Always play Co-op Adventure on Hard, the chance of getting rare treasures is slightly less than playing on Crushing but you have more lives so it makes up to that.

- The Co-op Adventure ones are not the hardest treasures to get, it's the Arena/Hunter ones. Once you're done with Adventure DO NOT play Arena if you want those rare treasures, only play Arena if you have a few to no treasures unlocked.

- Co-op Hunter has no host migration so if the host quits, everyone will be kicked back to the lobby and i think the treasures you got are lost. So here is the best tip you'll find on the internet: always let the enemy cap the idol in co-op Hunter and let them kill you from time to time, this way the host won't quit specially if you're in a party of two. I usually get rare treasures from chests so while the dumb enemies are trying to cap the idol, go for the chests, not them!

- Try to get 3 people and make two parties of two so you can "boost" those treasures in Co-op Hunter. Also works with only two people if each have a 2nd controller, just don't forget to move the 2nd controller sometimes or else he'll get kicked!

- You can also get those Assassin medals using this^ strategy.

And that's it... have patience, and those "rare treasure weekends" are a LIE. It only increases the drop rate, not the rare drop rate. You'll see more duplicates than ever in those weekends. Some people may say i'm lying but let's not forget that this is 100% luck based, if one got rare treasures in those weekends it was luck, NOT because it was a rare treasures weekend.

ND doesn't know their shit. They said in their official forum that "All treasures in Co-op Arena have the same chance to drop" which is bullshit, everyone who played U3 knows that is a lie. They also said somewhere (can't find the link) that Co-op Hunter does not drop more rare treasures than Co-op Arena. Which is also a huge ass lie. You can't even get treasures from chests in Arena...

Here are my tips: :)

- Always play Co-op Adventure on Hard, the chance of getting rare treasures is slightly less than playing on Crushing but you have more lives so it makes up to that.

- The Co-op Adventure ones are not the hardest treasures to get, it's the Arena/Hunter ones. Once you're done with Adventure DO NOT play Arena if you want those rare treasures, only play Arena if you have a few to no treasures unlocked.

- Co-op Hunter has no host migration so if the host quits, everyone will be kicked back to the lobby and i think the treasures you got are lost. So here is the best tip you'll find on the internet: always let the enemy cap the idol in co-op Hunter and let them kill you from time to time, this way the host won't quit specially if you're in a party of two. I usually get rare treasures from chests so while the dumb enemies are trying to cap the idol, go for the chests, not them!

- Try to get 3 people and make two parties of two so you can "boost" those treasures in Co-op Hunter. Also works with only two people if each have a 2nd controller, just don't forget to move the 2nd controller sometimes or else he'll get kicked!

- You can also get those Assassin medals using this^ strategy.

And that's it... have patience, and those "rare treasure weekends" are a LIE. It only increases the drop rate, not the rare drop rate. You'll see more duplicates than ever in those weekends. Some people may say i'm lying but let's not forget that this is 100% luck based, if one got rare treasures in those weekends it was luck, NOT because it was a rare treasures weekend.

ND doesn't know their shit. They said in their official forum that "All treasures in Co-op Arena have the same chance to drop" which is bullshit, everyone who played U3 knows that is a lie. They also said somewhere (can't find the link) that Co-op Hunter does not drop more rare treasures than Co-op Arena. Which is also a huge ass lie. You can't even get treasures from chests in Arena...

Thank you for the awesome tips! Indeed currently I am playing on hard as you get more lives to attempt it with.

That's really helpful regarding only playing hunter after finishing coop adventure. I will make sure to remember that. I have a friend I boosted the assassin medals in hunter so it shouldn't be a problem to boost for the treasures using the 2 controller method.

Woah really?!?! They don't raise the rare drop rates?! Then it's pretty much useless even if they raise the overall drop rates......:rant:

Honestly Naughty Dog can go fuck themselves. Artificially increasing the game play time like this is just shameful. Don't get me wrong I love the mp but not after playing it for hundreds of hours!!!!!!! :rant: :rant: :rant:

Never, ever again. If they do this shit in Uncharted 4 I'm going to blow up Naughty Dog headquarters.

Ha! Rare treasure weekends...my wife likes to call those "Rarely get a treasure you need weekends". It's a bunch of BS. I've been playing this game since day 1 when it released nearly 3 years ago. The Adventure treasures were broken for a little while because one Hard/Crushing treasure wouldn't drop on the Monestary. I farmed treasure on those Adventure maps for AGES until I finally got lucky playing casually. Now, I've not been playing this game every day for three years, but in 2013, I played nothing but Uncharted 3, and I'm still two treasures away from 100% (1 for each trophy). I worked my ass off for the competitive trophies because I didn't want to boost, but these two co-op treasure trophies are such a waste of time trying to do them legit. Back to the boosting thread I guess. I'm tired of looking at that 97%...

Ha! Rare treasure weekends...my wife likes to call those "Rarely get a treasure you need weekends". It's a bunch of BS. I've been playing this game since day 1 when it released nearly 3 years ago. The Adventure treasures were broken for a little while because one Hard/Crushing treasure wouldn't drop on the Monestary. I farmed treasure on those Adventure maps for AGES until I finally got lucky playing casually. Now, I've not been playing this game every day for three years, but in 2013, I played nothing but Uncharted 3, and I'm still two treasures away from 100% (1 for each trophy). I worked my ass off for the competitive trophies because I didn't want to boost, but these two co-op treasure trophies are such a waste of time trying to do them legit. Back to the boosting thread I guess. I'm tired of looking at that 97%...

Damn Naughty Dog. I plan on trying to boost the hunter treasures, but unfortunately you can't boost the fucking coop adventure treasures. Honestly I can't even fathom how Naughty Dog this would even be a good idea?

Who's damn idea was it to put easy/normal treasures in the hard/crushing treasures? That's complete bs and it hope whoever thought of it got fired and violated by a cucumber :rant:

• 2 weeks later...
Damn Naughty Dog. I plan on trying to boost the hunter treasures, but unfortunately you can't boost the fucking coop adventure treasures. Honestly I can't even fathom how Naughty Dog this would even be a good idea?

Who's damn idea was it to put easy/normal treasures in the hard/crushing treasures? That's complete bs and it hope whoever thought of it got fired and violated by a cucumber :rant:

You can boost in co-op hunter. I got treasures myself while playing with randoms, both from kills as well as chests.

What people usually don't understand, is that medals and treasures aren't saved to your profile in custom games.

While boosting itself once in a game is easy enough, the hard part is finding each other. Can prove next to impossible due to how popular the game is.

Edited by Mellenthin

Ah these treasure trophies oh how I hate them. I still have one arena treasure left and I've all but given up. Maybe when I 100% everything else I'll go back to it.

You mentioned adventure bosses dropping different rare treasures? I'm probably a little late and you might have already realised but every boss drops a certain rare treasure. This means it's a lot easier than arena because you can just farm the same boss over and over, dying on purpose, until it drops, then move on to the next boss/treasure you need. Rare treasure weekends are great for adventure treasures. All my adventure treasure rare drops spawned at the first kill except one or two.

Arena treasures not so great. The odds of getting the rare treasure you need is abysmal. I wish buying the accessory would get you the treasure too.

Ah these treasure trophies oh how I hate them. I still have one arena treasure left and I've all but given up. Maybe when I 100% everything else I'll go back to it.

You mentioned adventure bosses dropping different rare treasures? I'm probably a little late and you might have already realised but every boss drops a certain rare treasure. This means it's a lot easier than arena because you can just farm the same boss over and over, dying on purpose, until it drops, then move on to the next boss/treasure you need. Rare treasure weekends are great for adventure treasures. All my adventure treasure rare drops spawned at the first kill except one or two.

Arena treasures not so great. The odds of getting the rare treasure you need is abysmal. I wish buying the accessory would get you the treasure too.

Thanks for the response! As you said I have indeed realized certain bosses drop certain treasures. Luckily I have been getting really lucky these past few days. Yesterday after farming for weeks I got the elusive wrath mask from Syria and today and farming for about 2 months I finally got the gold lion drop from Borneo. This leaves only the skull bead left from the monetary as the only adventure treasure I need.

Overall I have 12 treasures left and after I get this last adventure treasure it's all hunter ss for the final ones. I can only imagine what the odds are like of getting the treasure you need once you only have like 3 left :/

I imagine it takes months of farming.....

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...