Plat unobtainable for PS+ U3 owners?

Hey all,

I was wondering, the co-op mode is not part of the F2P online mode, but for the plat you need 1 bronze trophy for playing 1 game in co-op...does that mean that people who got this game via ps plus aren't able to plat this without buying the co-op dlc? That would be messed up imo. Also if it is like that, can anyone confirm if the € 0,79 split screen pack will suffice, or do you have to buy one of the co-op packs of respectively € 5,99 and € 7,99?

Thanks in advance!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, the € 0,79 split screen pack it's NOT enough.

Now I'm downloading the € 5,99 pack... (at least we get 10 more trophies)

Wow way to give away a 'free game' on plus that way. I guess € 5,99 for this game is still a great deal, but it just feels unfair and they should've given us a heads up. Thanks for your response though!

Having finally booted up the PS+ version of the game, I'm EXTREMELY disappointed that you can't plat this version of the game due to the inability to join a coop game. This is the first time since I've had PS+ that I was blindsided in such a way. At least back when Starhawk was given away it was very clear that it was the single player campaign only. Had I known, I wouldn't have sacrificed the space on my HDD for this.

Hali I might be able to help you. I bought the game brand new a year ago and used my online pass and got those trophies. I recently moved and lost it.this weekend i bought the game of the year edition with the bonus online pack stuff. If the goty code will allow you to get those trophies you can have mine. I feel bad that you spent money on the wrong pack. Does anyone know if the goty bonus pack allows online access? I know it gives some map packs that I don't have.

Edited by Foxyfox

Yeah...I felt pretty blindsided by this 'free' offering from :psn+:

I had (P)ed U3 before all the DLC came out and didn't want the DLC anyway. D/led the F2P stuff and noticed that you have to buy the DLC to get the rest of the trophies. I was thinking that the :psn+: offering was the DLC...lol. Silly me...Naughty Dog was just trying to rope me into buying their DLC...lol.

Now I have to look at a 51% on my XMB trophy list i/o that 100% I had before I got the d/l.

Anybody upset about this shouldn't be upset at playstation plus, they should direct their angst at naughty dog. playstation plus' instant game collection is about the games, not about platinum trophies. naughty dog's stellar game is on PS+ to sell their DLC, and they set it up so you can't earn the platinum trophy without paying them. i'm not mad about this, they're a business, they're out to make money, they shouldn't care about the feels of cheapskate platinum trophy hunters of PS+ (i include myself in this statement) as we didn't buy their game to begin with.

As much as I love naughty dog I think they have been up to some " EA " type tactics. I and many others have bought the GOTY version recently ( brand new, in the wrapper) and the codes don't work for the online pass. So you can either throw a fuss about it or just buy one and I think they know most are just gonna buy it.

i have a real problem here, download U3 free to play and bought the co-op dlc from the ps but when i load the game and press co-op says "this feature must be purchased and installed" which i have and i refused to waste more money:mad:

i have a real problem here, download U3 free to play and bought the co-op dlc from the ps but when i load the game and press co-op says "this feature must be purchased and installed" which i have and i refused to waste more money:mad:

Did you get your problem resolved yet? Which co-op DLC you bought? I made a mistake and bought "Co-op Adventure" from the Main PS store for $6.00 but it turns out it was just a map (Fort) for the full multi-tplayer game -__-

It was only when I found out I had bought the wrong thing when I tried to go and play it. So I clicked on the link to the store through the UC3 in-game mode and saw I had to purchase the $10 "Co-op Adventure" one. (it was the same map too...Fort)

I guess that one is specially made for the Free-2-Play people. :confused:

I'm having the same problem. I'm chatting with a service rep right now in fact.

I don't actually mind have to buy an online pass or a map pack to get the Plat.

The game was awesome and $10 is cheap.

But, I've dl'd the Fort Advenure DLC and the Online Pass and neither worked.

And the in-game store doesn't list anything different.

I just want it to work so I can play co-op.

UPDATE: Well, according to Cristal P the support person I was chatting with, none of the DLC will unlock Co-Op in the FTP version included with PS+.

So she submitted a credit request for the two unnecessary DLC packs I bought and I'm off to buy the GOTY edition so I can get all the rest of the trophies too I guess.

Edited by DCHammer

If you weren't out to just get the trophies then there wouldn't be a problem.

It's a great game, with great game play made by a great company. Just cause you can't get a plat isn't you need to throw a fit about.

It's not the fact that you can't get a Plat that bothers me; it's how they did it.

Starhawk-SP was free half a year ago, though you'd need to buy the MP to even get close to a platinum. But the way it was handled was more than alright in comparison to this debacle.

Starhawk has a big emphasis on MP. The SP was more of a taste for the gameplay than anything else, and if they don't want to give that as well, it's up to them.

But apart from the Co-op mode, you already have everything (with an added cap for MP), and U3's MP is not even remotely as vital to the game as Starhawk's is. So basically, you're forced to pay for one trophy if you want it. Which is just complete bullshit. And seeing as how this can't possibly be by mistake...

Great game - Yes

Great gameplay ("developing skills") - Yes

Great company - Not even a little bit.

so im at a point now where buddy system is left, from what im reading in this thread we CANNOT plat it even if we buy the dlc pack? and you are sure BOTH 5.99 or the 7.99 packs dont work? if so id be pissed spent all night on crushing and would hate to have 1 trophy left

Edited by olseahorse