Anyone else buy Uncharted 3 GOTY NEW and get a code that didn't work?

I bought the game new from Best Buy on Sat. and the GOTY code didn't work, because someone already used it.

I called Sony and they said take it back to Best Buy and get another one because the code was used last year!

LAST YEAR!?!?!

I Googled this topic and found pages and pages of people with the same problem. I'm surprised that Sony hasn't done something about this.

How can people get these codes and use them? Sony seems to know about the problem but could care less to do anything about it.

Now I have to go back to Best Buy tomorrow and hopefully get another copy that works.

Best Buy shouldn't have to deal with Sony's mistake that they won't correct.

What is wrong with Sony?

-----------------------------------------

Well I took the game back to Best Buy this morning and got another one.

Guess what, the code doesn't work in this one either! Says it has already been used. Called Sony again but this time the guy that I talked to was more helpful. He said e-mail the receipt and code and they would issue another one. So I will see how this mess goes before I take the game back for a 3rd time.

-------------------------------

I never received the e-mail that the guy said was going to be sent to me to send them a photo copy of the code and my receipt. Maybe I should return it to a different Best Buy tomorrow?

Edited by BADDCOMPLEX

This also happened to me brow...it is somewhat of a scam...also i bought a new game of U3 due to the spinning ring problem that already broke one of my ps3 and guess what, new game same problem, and still no help from both naughty dog or sony! Feels good!

Happened to me as well, I also posted in the naughty dog forums about this in the same post as you. Hope they answer soon... Luckily I already have a version of Uncharted 3 so I can play online, but they still screwed me out of an online pass. And I was so mad when the code didn't work at my mate's house since we were gonna play online...

• 1 year later...

I was searching the other day to see if an online pass was needed for the plat since my code didn't work and seen several YouTube videos about how to get free online passes and random code generators, is it possible for those to give out unused codes that were already printed for game cases?