Trophies Achievable in Solo Splitscreen Co-Op

I’ve seen bits and pieces of this in other threads, but no unified discussion…

What trophies have people found achievable while playing solo in splitscreen co-op, i.e. just you playing with the second controller signed in as guest?

These are a few I’ve managed (listed by relevant medal), all done on Easy or Normal:

• Return to Sender: per Exodus_AoA’s excellent method in the second post of the Trophy Boosting Thread

• Mad Bomber: also achievable per Exodus_AoA’s method (though a trophy you're likely to get on regular co-op play)

• Head Cracker: probably the easiest to get solo (but another one you’re more likely to get on regular co-op play

• Shade Survivalist: possible, but you only get max of three per Survival round playing solo (unless you kill yourself and repeat)

• Lights Out: same as previous, but you’ll get five medals per round

• In The Shade: a little harder, because it won’t appear until the 3rd round and more enemies are armored, but reasonably easy to get two or three medals before getting killed (power weapons help considerably)

• Gatekeeper: possible, but you need to get far enough into an Arena or Adventure match for a kickback boss to spawn; I took down two by myself on Fort before I lost all my lives, but haven’t tried any other maps

A few I haven’t been able to manage, but might be possible:

• In a Soft Spot: by the time the armored guys show up, I’m usually getting my ass kicked playing solo -- haven’t managed to get one of these yet (I did get one in Hunter Arena, but it didn’t count toward my trophy total)

• If It Bleeds…: yeah, good luck with that

Anyone working anything else, or have other tips for the above? How about co-op treasure drops while playing solo?

No video for that, but I can certainly make one if you wish

That would be great, thx! =D

Thread should be renamed "trophies you can get if you have no friends" :p

No, should be renamed "trophies you can get if you don't have trophy whore friends", a lot of my friends won't get back to U3 just for some trophies.

When you SS you you can also upgrade your BOOSTERS for when you do coop missions

These upgrades work along side the throphy medal count

IE : 5 head shots = 1 Medal ...

....then for example 45 medals gets upgrades your SPRINT to lvl 2, while 50 medals get you the trophy AND (for example) another 75 medals upgrades sprint to lvl 3

Off the top of my head some of the coop boost upgrades are

Quicker heal time, faster respawn, no grenade damage to your partners, no scope wobble

These boost upgrades ONLY work if you have them set to your load out, so if you spent a few hrs farming 600+ head shots and didn't have that boost load out set your SOL

wow, I didn't know that you can get some medals on splitscreen alone, thx for this thread!

P.D. Someone has made a video of Exodus_AoA method on the museum to get the medals? I didn't understand =P

Here is a video to get a general idea.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRWyu6xafmQ]Uncharted 3: Air Mail & Detanator trophies (Split Screen) - YouTube[/ame]

http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/4375/imag1274.jpg

Additional thoughts:

• After some initial solo farming, I got the bulk of my Shade Survivalist, Lights Out, and In The Shade medals in legit matches. Much easier, and solo farming really isn't worth it.

• Same thing seems to be true for Gatekeeper, In a Soft Spot, and If It Bleeds…: farmable solo, but you're going to get a ton of them anyway if you go for the other co-op trophies.

• One I just finished yesterday was, believe it or not, Look Out Below (had a hard time even getting Fort to show up with randoms, so decided to experiment). Took a little while to get the rhythm right playing solo on hard, but if you can make it to the armored trucks with a few lives left...;)

Edited by ABuG

• 1 year later...

Can someone explain what I am doing wrong? :confused:

It's like my split-screen co-op and my regular multiplayer profile are not linked up. They both have the same profile name which matches my psn id (not that it should matter).

I am different ranks in each, different sets of loadouts, etc. My co-op profile does NOT even show the possibility on earning trophies. Only shows medals but not medals earned or trophies.

I have the GOTY disc version and loaded the online code. Was there more I should be downloading?

How do I get my offline o-op stats to count? I've gotten a bunch of Head Cracker medals but they don't save. No tracking in Co-op and no credit for it in my reg multiplayer stats. :think:

ss (guest) account does not count towards medals. Do all killing with controller 1, primary account .

Enable Split-screen > Guest

For example, farm Soft Spot medals

Create Custom Game - Co-op Adventure > Airport - Easy

Melee first two guys, possibly third. Head shoot heavy till helmet pops off, melee. Run forward and climb to heavy on container. Head shoot till helmet pops off, melee. Die - respawn, repeat all.

ss (guest) account does not count towards medals. Do all killing with controller 1, primary account .

Enable Split-screen > Guest

For example, farm Soft Spot medals

Create Custom Game - Co-op Adventure > Airport - Easy

Melee first two guys, possibly third. Head shoot heavy till helmet pops off, melee. Run forward and climb to heavy on container. Head shoot till helmet pops off, melee. Die - respawn, repeat all.

Yeah, I made sure all kills were my primary account. Nothing is saving.

I have a different level showing in my offline co-op than I do in on-line co-op or competetive. Is that normal?? It also does not show trophies for offline co-op menu, not sure if that is normal or not. It shows medals but no progress.

I tried deleting my offline co-op progress and re-doing and it still does not count the medals. :confused:

I went into both online co-op and online competitive afterwards and no had no credit for Throw-back grenade kills or Headshot kills. Sitting at 0. I haven't done any online co-op yet.

Is there something I should be doing specifically? Ugh....

Edited by djb5f

I have a different level showing in my offline co-op than I do in on-line co-op or competetive. Is that normal?? It also does not show trophies for offline co-op menu, not sure if that is normal or not. It shows medals but no progress.

I have never played offline coop.

Working from memory, no console here...

Game loads - I have always chosen (toggle once to right from campaign to) MP.

Play choice is top - Online (?)

Game loads/connects to mp.

I create ss and custom game as described previously.

You are in Party. D-pad to yourself and Lock Party (to avoid randoms joining your farming)

I guess the point being, (I always) play as if you are online.

I do not have any experience on offline coop.

I have never played offline coop.

Working from memory, no console here...

Game loads - I have always chosen (toggle once to right from campaign to) MP.

Play choice is top - Online (?)

Game loads/connects to mp.

I create ss and custom game as described previously.

You are in Party. D-pad to yourself and Lock Party (to avoid randoms joining your farming)

I guess the point being, (I always) play as if you are online.

I do not have any experience on offline coop.

You cannot earn online trophies in offline co-op.

You don't have to be playing with another online player, but you do need to be online.

Ah, makes sense now. No wonder! :o

• 1 month later...

I was just gonna ask something like this, it's cool that i can do SS myself online and get medals for trophies. I've got a few i need to get finished and wondering if anyone has some quick and easy methods of gaining a few medals.

I figured i could get Air-Mail & Gatekeeper trophies in Fort level as the start of the level you get lots of grenades thrown at you so can just throw them back. There's a gatekeeper boss quite early in the level too. Could maybe get In The Soft Spot medals here towards the Pop Top trophy.

What i also need to know is what is the best method/place for If It Bleeds...medals for the We Can Kill It trophy. I know it's for killing a brute but i keep forgetting what they are exactly too. Any help would be appreciated!

I was just gonna ask something like this, it's cool that i can do SS myself online and get medals for trophies. I've got a few i need to get finished and wondering if anyone has some quick and easy methods of gaining a few medals.

I figured i could get Air-Mail & Gatekeeper trophies in Fort level as the start of the level you get lots of grenades thrown at you so can just throw them back. There's a gatekeeper boss quite early in the level too. Could maybe get In The Soft Spot medals here towards the Pop Top trophy.

What i also need to know is what is the best method/place for If It Bleeds...medals for the We Can Kill It trophy. I know it's for killing a brute but i keep forgetting what they are exactly too. Any help would be appreciated!

Just play Arena looking for treasures. By the wave 7 or 8 the brutes will spawn at any difficulty. If you are playing on very hard, they will start spawning at wave 6.

They are the hellish big armored guys with the PAK-80, very easy to spot. HAHAHAHA

Edited by FamiliaWerneck

I farmed If It Bleeds with a partner. Syria map - play all the way through on easy to the Brute which spawns after the third idol is placed. Note that you have a Pak80 available near the third idol. Boost partner gives you some cover from the few enemies while you kill the Brute (don't kill them all; there is likely a sniper to leave alone). Run off the cliffs to the right. Swap with partner, repeat. I think you can get 7 medals each.

Air Mail I did alone in Borneo. Takes a while to get to the boss area, consider boosting with a friend. There are plenty of nades being tossed at you.

Soft Spot can be farmed alone or boosted immediately in Airport. Dispatch the two or three enemies. Pop the Top on first heavy. Run forward and up the container to the second heavy. Pop the Top, nade to your feet - repeat.

It's almost unnecessary to work towards this one however. If you plan on obtaining Overseer you are going to have many opportunities for Pop Tops in the first section of Monastery. Never leave the first area - Pop Tops in the hall. You will likely fail so many times attempting Overseer you will gain many Pop Tops. (You'll also gain some If It Bleeds in this area)