UC1 worth it after UC2 & UC3?

I was just wondering if anyone has played the games in this order: UC2, UC3 then UC1 and still enjoyed the first game after the others? Or if anyone who has played all 3 would recommend going back to the first after the sequels? I love 2 & 3, think they are both excellent and very enjoyable. I've heard the first is the hardest to plat, but that really doesn't bother me as a reason not to play it.

YES YES YES

uncharted 1 is my favourite of the 3 games, infact its probably my fav game in a very long time. you could play them all through again starting form uncharted 1, the graphics are not as good, but i think the story is amazing and also there are lots of nice green tropical lush environments. better scenes than the 2nd and 3rd uncharted. PLAY IT

I like Uncharted 1 because it's less about the unrealistic action.

I prefer the 1st it's less explosions and set pieces and more climbing and exploring.

^This.

Granted I played them in order as they released, but UC1 is still my favorite.

There will definitely be a few "Oh, that's where that came from!" moments; both (especially 3) had some references to the 1st game (some obvious, some subtle) not necessarily story-related but just smaller references snuck in there.

Most definitely worth a play, and you can find a used copy very cheap (there is no online, or DLC or anything so a used copy is the way to go).

Personally, I played them all in order as they came out. I really enjoyed all of the Uncharted series(Uncharted 2 probably the most).

As others have said, it is definitely worth playing the first game, regardless of whether or not you played 2 or 3. There is a lot of story elements that will kind of fill in the gaps between Sully, Nate and Elena's relationships. There were some subtle references in 2 and 3 to events that took place in the first game. Just don't expect as much over the top set piece moments and more emphasis on cover based shooting, exploration, climbing and puzzles. Drake's Fortune is still a must play even after you've played 2 and 3.

As for trophies, I think that the first game was by far the hardest to plat because of the insane difficulty of the crushing playthrough.

• 1 month later...

It'll be harder to plat than the others, but definitely worth it. You should be able to get through the game on hard without too much trouble, but crushing is going to slow you down.

There's a story element or three I won't mention that won't affect you the way it was intended, because you already know the future, but it'll still be an enjoyable game.