Co-Op Shade Survival Mode (possibly DLC trophies?)

Co-Op Shade Survival Mode Announced, Flashback Map Pack 2 Available Tomorrow

Flashback map pack #2 comes out tomorrow, and they also gave a little teaser for a new mode called Shade Survival mode. Looks like you will be fighting the flaming skull guys from the end of the campaign and hopefully more.

Also, if you read the comments. It says they are looking into trophy support for upcoming DLC and are going to try and make it happen! I really hope so because that Shade mode looks awesome. I need to sign up for the FHC as soon as I have some extra money.

I really hope they bring some DLC trophies! :dance:

Stop it, I want DLC trophies.

Do you have any proof of them saying anything about trophies?

I know you weren't asking me, but check out the link in my opening post of this thread. Down in the comments section somebody asked about trophies and somebody from ND said that they are looking into trophy support for future DLC.

So there is no guarantee, but it is confirmed that they are looking into it. Hopefully they give a yes or no answer sometime soon! I would personally really like to see some.

Is there anymore news about this? I like survival/horde mode games and I want to know if I should buy game already. I have never play an UC game, so I don't know what it's like.

Does anybody knows if the survival/horde mode would be great, from out of UC experience?

You shouldn't buy the game just for the Survival/Horde Mode, you should buy the SERIES for its amazing campaigns.

Play them in order (1, 2 and 3).

I don't think I will buy this game. A max of 8 rounds doesn't seems to be fun for me.

Reaching the end in a survival/horde mode game isn't my thing. I want to break records, not having the leaderboards full of people with a score of round 8. Only the time or score would be the winning factor. Nope, I keep it with endless waves :)

I don't think I will buy this game. A max of 8 rounds doesn't seems to be fun for me.

Reaching the end in a survival/horde mode game isn't my thing. I want to break records, not having the leaderboards full of people with a score of round 8. Only the time or score would be the winning factor. Nope, I keep it with endless waves :)

while i'll be downloading this mode today because its part of the FHC, i'm inclined to agree with you.

I would love an endless survival mode. It would force participants to stick together and work as a team, to conserve lives, but in this new mode, I don't think many will get to Round 8, at least not initially. The Djinn are much more difficult to defeat than the standard run-of-the-mill enemies found in the other modes.

Not at all, I love ND for saying 'We're looking into trophy support for Shade Survival.' and for what? Theres NO new trophies at fucking all >.> I regret getting FHC... I love Naughty Dog but this is complete bullshit, Especially, How the fuck are they counting the Fort CO-OP ADVENTURE as one of the FOUR pack maps we were promised -_-Just fucking smooth. Wheres our NEW map? Do we have to wait for Uncharted 4 to play old rehashed versions of Uncharted 3 maps?! Naughty Dog, remind to have lipstick next time, Cuz I like to look pretty before I get fucked !!

I find it bullshit how they say they can't get it to work when they could get it to work in Uncharted 2.

Bit like STILL not being able to save your settings changes. How hard is it to save settings? ND still haven't patched this. It makes it a bit frustrating as I don't play with default brightness or camera sensitivity.

while i'll be downloading this mode today because its part of the FHC, i'm inclined to agree with you.

I would love an endless survival mode. It would force participants to stick together and work as a team, to conserve lives, but in this new mode, I don't think many will get to Round 8, at least not initially. The Djinn are much more difficult to defeat than the standard run-of-the-mill enemies found in the other modes.

Oh well, I haven't play any UC, but if people say Djinns are hard then I guess there is no fun trying to complete 8 rounds with only 1 type of enemy.

Unless there are more types, but I haven't heard of that.

I think it's a shame they made it like this. Don't know if many UC fans agree with me.

Has anyone played the new Shade Co-op arena?

I'm not in Fortune's Hunter Club, but this DLC looks good from what I saw in the Uncharted TV. I don't mind not having any trophies, just wondering if it's worth buying?

It's not worth buying without the trophies because once you finish all 8 levels you start to lose interest. It's perhaps the longest co-op you will ever play but the difficulty is basically normal.

Edited by Lord Tony

Has anyone played the new Shade Co-op arena?

I'm not in Fortune's Hunter Club, but this DLC looks good from what I saw in the Uncharted TV. I don't mind not having any trophies, just wondering if it's worth buying?

It really depends on you, I bought the FHC, So I got this for free, But if I didn't have FHC, I would have bought it anyway, Why? Well sure you're only facing the Djinn, But it is just like the regular co-op arena (Kind of disappointed there aren't any Djinn Super Heavies), But I love the challenge, Yes its a bit more difficult but super fun w/ friends. Regular co-op arena was too easy, Even on Hard or Crushing, This sure will be a bitch to even attempt on Crushing, But hey if you aren't at level 75 yet or you're thinking of going into Legacy and blazing through it again, Then this is perfect, To me you level up faster playing Shade Survival. The only thing I'm kinda iffy about is not being able to melee the Djinn, for the exception of when the rapist grappler is choking out your buddy, I use to dish out 70+ melee kills a match but nomore.. and I find it gay how the Djinn teleport as soon as a grenade lands close to them, But hey this isn't Burger King, We can't all have it our way. But do yourself a favor and buy it. $6 for this isn't bad AT ALL, $6 for fort co-op on the other hand, Well fuck that. If you do decide to buy it, Add me on psn & we can kick some Djinn ass together. :)

PSN - Yoda91192

Played one match of it Tuesday on Normal difficulty. Completed all 8 rounds luckily. it is very difficult, even on lower settings. The Djinn take a shitload of bullets to kill. In the later rounds, the armored soldiers are a pain, especially the ones with the sniper rifles, who shoot rapidly and take you out within 3-4 seconds.

its a bit cheap, but the power weapons spawn for a reason. use them whenever you can